Guild chat switch on/off

Id like a switch to turn guild chat on /off. Done the same for LFG /4 for instance with the simple command of joining and leaving the channel, but this does not work for guild chat.

Since it is possible to turn of (not show) guild chat in the chat box options itself, it should be possible to have a command line option, which i can then turn into a macro’d switch. However, i cant find it anywhere.

thx for help in advance.

You could just give it it’s own tab and hide it when you don’t wanna see it.

I have that for LFG.

1 Like

Just make gchat have its own tab and read when you want to .

For me gchat has its own tab and if I want to really-really leave it I just mute guild channel of that tab as well. But normally hiding the tab works for me.

1 Like

Indeed that is an option too. A switch would be handier though for me.
Will wait and see if anyone knows the trick to do it with command line.

thx for all reactions! ;]

You can use /chathelp to see all available chat commands in-game.

Otherwise you can use addon to hide whole text block.

I am using custom UI myself and muting gchat is just right-click-toggle guild channel. I do not know if its same on standard UI.

Commandline you are looking for is /gquit . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But on serious note, ticking box on chat setting not to show gchat is turning it off for you. Let’s face it there is no such command line that would turn gchat “off”, it keeps continuing with other guild members no matter what. You can only turn it off for yourself and that tickbox in chat setting does that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.