Guild index - gauging interest

Maybe it would also help to have one rather active contact person from each guild, that the guild can decide on by all means, that you can hit up quickly and regularly on that, for an update on the guild status? I imagine that could be easier than checking externally whether the guilds are still active all the time.

1 Like

I plan on asking each guild to list their leader and officers, but I think I’ll put the burden of checking for inactive guilds on the guilds themselves and the community (by posting here if they’re disbanding or having gone inactive).
Without an armory it’s not viable for me to check every guild, since I’m expecting the list to grow lengthy (especially if it’s going to be all type of guilds)

Just checking the theory of switching characters unlocking the thread. <Thalei’s (retired) retail main>

Yup, that definitely works. And I can reply to that again. Sweet stuff.

2 Likes

At this point thank you very much from me too that you want to do this for us!

1 Like

I’ve set it up here:

I’m really hoping the anti-spam measures from Blizz don’t end up breaking it because it sure threw me plenty of curveballs while I was trying to set it up.
We’ll see how it goes for now.

Yeah, the new forum is designed rather… poorly. Lots of things in it that make little sense. For example, did you know that there’s a limited number of likes you can use per day? If you reach that number you can’t like posts anymore - which makes no sense to me, considering likes serve absolutely no purpose beyond making the people receiving them potentially feel validated. They don’t make a post more visible, they don’t highlight it in any way, they’re just a number.

And here’s the kicker - you can totally reset that number by switching characters, since characters are treated as their own account, more or less. So it makes zero sense. Why restrict it in the first place, if you can avoid that restriction so easily?

Same thing with reports. You can report four or five posts, then you’ll have to wait 20 hours before you can report more. They added that because a large amount of reports received now closes a thread for 24h…

And now guess which restriction you can also circumvent by switching characters. Yeah. We had “Please give us german RP Servers” threads closed repeatedly because of that, back in the German forums, because some members of the “community” went and reported posts en masse. Went so far that our CM had to create a thread himself, just so it couldn’t get closed by the players anymore.

/edit: Oh, and in regards to the likes - you can totally like your own posts, with other characters of yours as well. So if you have, say, 50 characters on your account, you can totally like your post 49 times, no problem.

1 Like

Haha yup. I totally get most of it, but at the same time it’s rather backwards.

And I’ve just reached the maximum amount of edits and have to wait 11hrs to make more.
Still, and 11 hr wait isn’t as bad as “you’re not allowed to edit anymore, period.”

1 Like

Jesus christ.

Yup. Also I’m going to abuse this thread for a bit to get my alternate characters more forum rights. Which will be useful once the list grows.

So just making a few posts. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Jessamin is also part of the gang.

Round 2 of trying to gain forum rights. Please ignore.

Same as above…

And Lith too

Round 3… I’m sorry for all this

Round 3 for jess

In the same breath in which you’d update a list of guilds with Roleplaying guilds, you can also update non-RP guilds. It’s gate keeping to not include all guilds that wish to be on here. Your intentions don’t matter. The outcome does.

If I were running a non-RP guild and came to you and asked you to include us, you’d decline, because we aren’t an RP guild. Thus you have become a gate keeper by your actions, not by your intentions.

Reconsider this stance.

If you’ve seen the index, which you have because you have posted your in guild it, you’d have seen that it’s now inclusive of all guilds.

However to claim it’s the same amount of time: I disagree, as to include all guilds, well there simply are more guilds in total than there are RP guilds. So I’d still be busy editing a lot more frequently.

But the point is moot, because the index is open to all guilds.

Firstly Thalei is putting in time so it’s her decision. Secondly it’s not gatekeepey, to claim that is again telling rpers to play by non rpers’ rules. Nothing’s keeping you from making a non-rp guild list of your own, we aren’t telling you that you’re not allowed to do that. >That< would be gatekeeping. Lastly, ‘Reconsider this stance’ - you’re not to give Thalei orders, see point 1 as in they get to decide what they wanna do.

Edit, just because it’s hilarious: So any form of not including non rpers with rp matters on an rp realm is gatekeepey?

1 Like