Guild Leaders Discord Channel

I’ve been feeling the hole left when Blizzard “updated” their forums a while back, and removed a whole swathe of forum sections, one of which was relating to guild leaders. I’ve had discussions with various different people since then, tentatively toying with the idea of creating something ourselves, but it never really panned out. So I’ve taken the bull by the horns, so to speak, and created one myself.

I don’t know how useful or used it will be, but the intent is to have a friendly, genuine group of people there who either have run guilds in the past, run a guild now, or intend to run one in the future, who are looking for somewhere to exchange views and guidance.

There is also the potential there to meet other leaders of guilds who perhaps would like to collaborate with events in-game too.

As I mentioned, it is in it’s early days - we do have a few members already (including an author of a popular guild management addon and one of the organisers of another highly popular WoW discord channel) - however, the channel is still in it’s infancy (mainly because I’m winging it!), so effectively still in “beta”, but I’d love for others to pop along and get involved:

https://discord.gg/Vpbj8ES

rolls eyeballs And off to a good start … accidentally posted on my alt :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent idea in my opinion. It can never hurt to get some advice from other GMs!

2 Likes

We’ve gained a good group of members so far … just a quick nudge to see if anyone else fancies checking us out.

If you are a guild leader, officer, help run a guild/raids, or are thinking of doing so, would like some advice or would like to help others in a similar situation, please do join us :wink:

I actually like this idea!

2 Likes

Just as a reminder … as guild leaders get stressed about new raids, new content, new members, etc … if you would like to chat to people in the same boat, we’re still here for you :wink:

… and we’re not restricting it to guild leaders either. If you’re a raid leader having issues, or any other officer trying to keep the guild working … we might be able to help. Or at least give you a hug and tell you it’s okay :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought it was about time to give another shout out about our guild leaders discord.

• Are you a guild leader, or part of the officer/raid leader team for a guild?
  • Do you wish you had someone to discuss recruitment problems, issues raised by (or because of) guild members, ideas to keep guild members engaged?
  • Are you planning on starting a new guild?

If any of the above sound familiar, then we’re here for you.

We have around 100 members all of whom have experience with leading and/or helping run a guild, from casual levelling guilds to hardcore mythic raiding guilds, and everything in between.