Guild Raid Event in Calendar missing options

I’m wanting to make guild events in the calendar in-game for the new raid - which I can do - but there are only options for either Normal or LFR difficulty level. Mythic and Heroic are not options.

Although it’s not really a major issue, unlike virtually all of the other problems plaguing guilds at the moment, I’m just checking if (a) this is just me and everyone else is fine or (b) it’s a bug and we’re going to have to live with it.

I’ve deliberately left off the option that it might get fixed because … well … you’ve seen the state of guild support, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I raised a bug report and ticket for this because I’d not seen it mentioned anywhere else on known issues, etc.

Edit: I also raised a ticket in respect of this. I got a reply that suggested checking known issues, giving urls to these pages. One is https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/patch-1100-known-issues-and-information/1899192 which has been unpinned for some reason, suggesting it’s no longer got anything of priority on it, and the other was to https://support.blizzard.com/article/000358474 which is a “page not found”. It’s pretty bad when even the standard “fob off” messages can’t be bothered to be accurate.

It also suggested deleting Curseforge and WoW Matrix (never even heard of the latter), deleting WTF and cache, and deleting all my addons. The only thing it didn’t suggest is deleting the game - although that would, I suppose, solve the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

The ticket was closed as resolved, with no way to re-open.

I wasn’t exactly expecting a GM to resolve it … but I was expecting them to have a quick look into their systems and see if this had been reported before and, if not, say they’d escallate it.

Am I the only one that is encountering this? I’ve had one or two others say they’ve seen it … but does no-one else use the calendar?

If you don’t … what do you use instead, and why? (so I can see if there’s a viable alternative for us, as even before this, the Blizzard calender isn’t really fit for purpose).

All our raids are listed as Normal but nobody really cares that it says the wrong thing. Yes it would be nice if they corrected it.

So you don’t have the Heroic or Mythic options either?

I mean that basically summons up how I think Blizzard views the majority of their bugs currently, especially ones related to guilds … “nobody cares …”

I care, primarily because I’m pretty good with my guild admin, and my guild members are therefore used to that. If I put a raid on the calendar that says it is Normal … then it’s Normal. If I put one up that’s Heroic … then it (used to say) it is Heroic. Now I’ve got guild members contacting me saying “well, the calendar says one thing, and your text says something else” … and yet again I’m having to say “Blizzard bug”.

Ohh we have some more achievements … “Blizzard bug”

Wow lots of people all logging on/off all at the same time … “Blizzard bug”

Where did all the stuff from the guild vault go … “Blizzard bug” …

I tried to change my status on the calendar but the entire event just disappeared … “Blizzard bug” …

I just thought that, out of all the Blizzard bugs out there, perhaps this one would be an easy fix. I mean they’ve managed to get these options right for years up until now …

If I was organising the raid calendar it would bother me too, but I’m not. I just sign up. None of us signing up, care. It says in the description what we are doing, usually Hc. Tbh it’s quite novel to be in a guild that still uses the in game calendar. So many use sign up bots on discord these days.

I did not say it was fine for it not to be working.

However as always it’s worth doing a bug report for things that don’t work. We make these in game.

Did the bug report thing already. Never completely sure they get them/pay attention to them though, and wanted to check here to see if others noticed it and if there were alternatives to using the in-game calendar … ideally an addon like Group Calendar (no longer maintained for some time now).

Unfortunately we have a complicated guild raid system in that anyone can sign up, of any rank, on any of their characters … which makes things like GoW bot no good for us.