Guild Transfer questions (after reading the guild transfer article)

I am looking into moving my guild to another server and have read through all the rules for transfer, however, some of it I am a little confused with and would appreciate some clarification.

You cannot purchase a new guild service if you have used a guild or a personal character service (such as an individual character transfer) within the last 30 days.

Does this mean if I had more than 1 guild to transfer, I could only transfer 1 every 30 days? And would that be even longer if I also want to transfer all my chars in the first guild across to the first guild (obviously not with the guild transfer as that is just the GM)?

You can transfer a character from a realm to another once every 72 hours. However, if you transfer a character from one account to another, you can perform subsequent transfers (whether to another account or to a new realm) only after 30 days

I have multiple chars in the guild I want to transfer. Does this mean that once the guild had transferred with the GM, I can only transfer 1 char from the holding guild every 72 hours afterwards or are character transfers from holding guilds to their guild’s new server done differently?

The Guild Master’s Blizzard account must have an authenticator attached for at least seven days before you purchase a Guild Master Realm Transfer or Guild Master Faction Change. The seven days do not start until you log into the Guild Master character after adding the authenticator.

This question is for a friend. She has a guild that she also wants to transfer but she doesn’t have an authenticator because she doesn’t have a mobile phone. Does this mean she can never transfer her guild?

Hey there Jayrena,

The first 2 questions are sort of the same answer, it’s referring to the guild/character that has just moved.

So for the first one, a guild cannot move a second time within 30 days or if you transfer a character and they become guild leader, that guild cannot move until 30 days after the characters last transfer. And for the second one, this is very much a character cooldown. 3 days for a normal server to server and 30 days if it goes across account licenses.

Lastly for your friend, she will have to get a Battle.net Authenticator. There is no way around this at all.

Hope that answers everything and doesn’t raise more questions but fear not, let me know and I’ll try clear them up as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for replying :slight_smile:

So the first one is not a cooldown for the number of guilds you transfer but if you want to move the same guild more than once? So I could move 2 guilds at the same time? And the same for the characters, the cooldown is for the same character, so I could transfer 5 chars (for example) at once, I just couldn’t transfer the same char twice within 30 days?

As for the third one, I take it that means the old authenticators are still available as well as the mobile phone ones (I had just assumed the old ones were no longer available now the mobile phone ones can be used)?

See reply above

Hey Jayrena!,

If I’m understanding your follow-up questions correctly, then yes - you can transfer multiple guilds as long as you’re the Guild Master on a character you own and meet all other requirements. If you have two guilds on two characters of yours, you can move them both without being blocked by a cooldown because you had already moved the first one. Once moved, the mentioned cooldowns apply. The same goes for transferring multiple characters in sequence.

With regards to your secondary questions, you may still be able to find the physical authenticators out there in shops or on some retail websites but we no longer sell them. Provided it’s still working, it counts as an Authenticator all the same for anything that requires one. The Authenticator phone app is the one we’ve gone with now as it’s a lot easier for people to obtain, use, and manage.

Thank you. So if I still have my old authenticator (which I don’t use now as I use the mobile app), I could send it to her and she could use it?

It’s been such a long time since I added the old one, and I can only find information on adding the mobile app one to accounts, how would she add my old authenticator to her account?

You should be able to do that, but please check with your local postal carrier for options. Since it’s a physical encryption device, some restrictions may apply.

There should also be a serial number on the back still, which is important. If it has faded out or is otherwise unreadable, it may no longer be something that can be used however - the serial is needed during the registration process and there’s no other way to find it, meaning there’s no other way to register it.

As for connecting it, there should be an option to connect a Physical Authenticator to the Battle.net account under the Security options in Battle.net Account Management. They could also reach out to our Support Team with the physical token’s serial number if they experience any issues.

Be aware that the physical authenticators haven’t been manufactured for a long time so the battery might run out eventually as all the devices are pretty old by now. Make sure she is also prepared (id + correct name on the account etc) to have the authenticator removed if/when the battery runs out.