Guilds & Hubs

Hey everyone,

Following a quick search, I found that this is probably the biggest RP community on WoW at the moment.
I’m (obviously) interested in joining the community and I wanted to know if there are any hubs/discords/sites that can offer a glimpse or suggestions to the Guild options available on both Alliance and Horde?

In any case, if anyone wishes to advertise their guild here I’d be more than happy to hear. Not sure yet about the race/theme etc but I’m either looking for a DMed event guild to build my character into. Or find an active hub to throw my own toon and see where the wind carries me :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Horde side, you’ll find most of the activity in/around Orgrimmar to my knowledge (someone else might be able to clarify/specify for you). What I do recall is it being very segregated and guild-based, meaning open RP was less common but once you found your home you were pretty much set.

Alliance side has various hubs; Stormwind, Duskwood, Feathermoon Stronghold. While there’s more open RP on Alliance, it’s quality can be…Questionable at times. That doesn’t mean to say there’s no diamonds in the rough. It just takes a little more effort to find a good home.

I apologise if this post sounds biased for Alliance RP but I don’t really do anything on the Horde side of things. Hope this helps anyhow.

5 Likes

Alliance side, you’ll find most of the activity in/around Stormwind, Duskwood, and Feathermoon Stronghold. (someone else might be able to clarify/specify for you). What I do recall is it being very segregated and guild-based, meaning while open RP was common it felt very hard to touch & go but once you found your home you were pretty much set.

Horde side has various hubs; Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Silvermoon City, Bilgewater Harbor and even Booty Bay. While there’s more open RP on Horde, finding it can be extremely jarring if you don’t follow the campaigns on the forum and sometimes hidden out in discords. That doesn’t mean to say that all of the RP is hidden away. It just takes a little more effort to find it outside of the specified hubs.

I apologise if this post sounds biased for Horde RP but I really, really felt like wording it this way. Hope this helps anyhow. :two_hearts:

Visit https://argentarchives.org/ for a closer look at our community, or browse through the local forum threads!

Horde RP: discord: https://discord.gg/AH96f6Y

Alliance LFRP discord: https://discord.gg/Szwwu6W

I think there’s a Horde LFRP discord run by the same people who organize the Alliance LFRP discord or something similar? I have really no clue. It’s probably on the forum somewhere.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the help and clarification regarding the active hubs, I will be sure to throw out a toon to explore them!

This is great! Was using the LaurelinArchives during my time in Lotro so it’s nice to know there is such a thing for this too (probably the original I take it)

I’ll be sure to read out all the links :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention Bilgewater Harbor! The goblins are currently hard at work building a hub together with some crim crim guild that runs a bar and hasn’t been thrown out yet. :>

2 Likes

Another newbie question as I’m new to WoW/Wow Lore/RP in general - do Death Knights have any implication ICly? Not sure how they work or their effects on the character’s looks etc

They’re very undead, more far more durable than they used to be in life, their souls are tethered to their body but blocked from entering it, which makes tastebuds and whatnot feel very ‘gray’. They are walking corpses and can bind their runes to any weapon of their choosing. They have potential in blood magic, necromancy and frost magic.

Everything else is pretty much individual death knights or headcanon.

There’s a lot more, but - one step at time. And you can always look them up on wowpedia.org

By the way, there’s a death knight discord or two out there somewhere. You only need use the search function.

3 Likes

Is Feathermoon Hold still an active RP hub? I don’t often see people there anymore.

It is! I tend to roll around there with my alt. It’s also rotating between Darkshore when we have it or Ashenvale!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.