Gushing Wound Corruption Effect Reduction

Kids these days… back in my day we treated gushing wounds, we weren’t lusting for it. Now all you emo kids want to hurt yourselves. What’s the world coming to?

6 Likes

Lemme guess…
With a red hot blade on top of the wound to cauterize it ? :laughing:

And some salt, from the tears of our enemies. Yes indeed.

2 Likes

Long overdue to be honest. I still believe other Corruptions like TD need a tweak too but GW was by far the worst offender in both PvE and PvP.

The only real problem I have with all the nerfs to the dmg corruptions is that for most specs the static stat increasing ones will be the optimal option.
Getting to max level in BfA already felt bad with no crit/tempo, but with corruptions it could probably be even worse when you level for the first time in Shadowlands.

Looks like someone has rewatched the incredibles.
-And when everyone is special - no one is!

1 Like

I’m become salt - user #291381

1 Like

Love that meme :salt:

Players tired of rng, blizzard add vendors.

Blizzard makes the vendor rng itself.

Shadowlands, blizzard add pvp vendor and pve vendors but its rng where you can select only 4 items per week and its randomized.

5 Likes

Actually I would like to see a slot machine put right next to the MOTHER, every week we should have 3 chances to pull the lever. Right-Click to the lever to pull it for a new corruption, 3 peaches = Infinite Stars, 3 grapefruits = Twilight Devastation.

2 Likes

please… no…

2 Likes

It will be feature of the Warcraft mobile game, and with extra credits you can purchase you get extra rolls, and when you buy premium pack and credits you can buy that corruption directly.

2 Likes

Its probably your tears boomer, since youre the one who obviously bleeding :rofl:

Players: Nerf Gushing Wounds!..REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Blizz: We are nerfing Gushing Wounds.
Players: Not now I can buy it, I wanted to be OP!..REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8 Likes

They should’ve nerfed it the second they saw it was OP, this whole waiting until a vendor is released for corruption then slap a 35% nerf on it is just idiotic.

WoW has had stuff that was OP since Vanilla… players often say one of the things they love about Classic, is the fact things are not balanced.

I never got my Legion BIS boots…I have been getting roflstomped by peeps with utterly OP RNG Corruptions in WorldPVP… I never get the other drop on two piece sets…but, the world doesn’t end, because RNG Jeebus doesn’t have me on his Rolodex.

If every player was balanced to be exactly the same, life would be very boring…sometimes you are OP…sometimes you are not… Follow the 8 pointed star.

2 Likes

When unlucky players can finaly get it too…you nerf it.
Wonderful. So now that rng of acquiring it is finaly gone, you making sure that its useless. Im glad that those lucky/rich players could have their fun for months ruining pvp and beign gods in pve…now when we all can finaly get to an equal footing …its suddenly not OK corruption. Like what the actual f…

If you wanna go full apesh!t at the end of the expansion, allowing players to do whatever they want, making their characters the most powerful they have ever been…just let them…its not like GW stacking wasnt allowed till now or only some rare cases. I was so excited to get finaly rid of that Infinite Bullsh!t corruption…now it looks like i have to stick with atleast one…ffs
Its like 3th nerf to gushing and it was by 30%± every time.

What about looking into some another extremes? Echoing void is useless, TD is overpowered, stat amplifiers are OP as hell too…what about them? Are we seriously going to face destro locks with 70% base haste or ppl with 60%+ base versa? I mean comon…

And dont get me wrong, GW needed a nerf, badly, but not now when everyone who got lucky or is rich had their fun with it for months, and now when we mortals wanna test it to …its too late.

2 Likes

That was obviously needed.

But they could also increase the Corruption value to 25-30, I figure that’s where it actually is performance-wise.

Because even still, if stacked to 4-5, it will be the best for PvP for some classes.

Good change happy to see they keep tracks.

(The following is related to PVE. I know nothing about PVP)

There is no need to nerf Gushing Wounds. You shouldn’t compare it to Infinite Stars, you should compare it to the Stat-corruptions. Most specs are not going to use Gushing Wounds anyway because the Stat-corruptions are much better. Specs like BM hunter and Arms warrior are getting much more benefit from stat-corruptions than other specs get from Gushing Wounds. Allowing specs - that don’t scale well with stats - access to Gushing Wounds will only help balance the game more. But not if you nerf it. There is absolutely NO NEED to nerf it. Yes you are right that people are not going to use Infinite Stars anymore, but they probably wont anyway. The strongest specs right now, are not going to use Gushing Wounds, so you are only punishing the weak specs by nerfing it.

If you look at the MDI setting, Outlaw Rogues and Demon Hunters were able to stack Gushing Wounds, but BM hunters still did much more damage than both by stacking the Severe corruption (crit amp). Gushing Wounds is strong, but it’s still not as strong as what other specs get from these stat-corruptions.

Also, (even though you cannot see it from the sims) Twisted Appendages can actually be better than Gushing Wounds. This is just based on HEAVY RNG. If you look at top logs for Demon Hunters (on single target fight) they are getting a crazy amount of dps per corruption from Twisted Appendages. In some cases it’s 250+ dps per corruption point. However, Twisted Appendages are based on RNG and we don’t like RNG. We like having control of our dps. Gushing Wounds is a more predictable corruption.

If you nerf Gushing Wounds you will only see the balance between classes get even worse. Now that Mages, Warriors and Hunters can stack the stat-corruptions you will see them become even stronger and even more dominant even if you don’t nerf Gushing Wounds. And if you nerf it then specs that don’t scale well with stats will just fall way behind. More than they already are. I really wish you would just let us have fun the last few months of BFA.

1 Like