Gutting WW in M+

So before 9.0.5, WWs were doing pretty fine in M+, but weren’t really at the top either, which I consider a balanced position. The meta before patch was always boomie/mage + something else (and here WW could get in). Now after the patch it’s no longer the case.

Somehow Blizzard avoids nerfing the elephant in the room and instead goes for “bug fixes” (which they know that count as nerfs, but they still wanna pretend that it’s just a bug fix bro). If the argument is that “well, it’s a bug, we had to fix it” and WW relied so much on it to stay relevant, then this is just a testament to how bad Blizzard is when it comes to balancing. If a class needs to use BUGS to be able to be relevant in any type of content, then the design for that class failed and you’re getting paid 90 billion dollars for nothing. But it’s ok, how else could Activizard be able to pay its management enough so they can purchase more villas and yachts ? They need to fire people and minimize the costs of production (even though they earn a lot).

So then when they don’t have people (or have, but they’re bad), they make “fixes” like this, KNOWING that these fixes will affect the performance of the spec significantly and then proceed WITHOUT giving any compensation for that spec to keep it relevant.

I’ve seen a lot of players able to think about possible fixes to counter-balance the DPS loss from the fixes, but somehow Blizzard’s employees can’t do it (or are not allowed, it’s either this or that).

What’s even more infuriating than these “fixes” for which we got no compensation is that 2 of the dominating specs in M+ right now (Fire mage / Boomkin) are virtually untouched. Besides this they also have uncapped AoE and thus huge burst, which also doesn’t require much work to dish out. Meanwhile as a WW post 9.0.5 you have to micro-manage your SCK stacks way more now (which is extremely tedious - keeping 5-6 stacks of mark of the crane constantly is pretty time consuming) on top of having to already pray to RNG gods that you get chi-ji procs to actually dish out anything like ~30k dmg AoE burst while mages can go up to 50k easily by not doing anything special.

Somehow Blizzard doesn’t see this and they also refuse to get feedback from good players or class writers before commencing to do stupid things like these WW fixes.

The only hope right now is that maybe in 9.1 they will add some more class “balance” fixes because I doubt they will want to give up one of their only 2 employees to do anything earlier than that. Though these fixes might not even come after all. Blizzard is extremely oblivious and doesn’t try very hard to do good despite earning so much money which comes from the players they’re disrespecting by not giving thought into their decisions.

4 Likes

Just canceled my subscription … Not gonna spend a single cent on this game not anymore …blizz clowns

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.