[H] <Based> [7/11HC] Friendly, social guild raiding once a week needs you!

About us
Based [9/11N, 7/11 HC] is a small, community driven guild, founded during Shadowlands by a group of veteran and new players alike. We wanted to play in an environment free of Epic Gamer Moments, shouty raid leaders that only ever fumble through AOTC, and the discriminatory language (and ‘jokes’) that are often so widespread and accepted in gaming communities.
It was formed by members who have seen their fair share of hardcore raids, and now raid somewhat casually once a week. Real life comes first!

Raiding
Many of our members have played at a high end in the past, and now play the game with a much lower time commitment but we still aim to clear the current content tier. We raid once a week on Wednesday, 21:00-00:00 server time. We aim for AOTC every tier.
We are currently looking for a few DPS players to fill out our roster for Sepulchre of the First Ones.
We believe in taking the player, not the class, and welcome anyone to trial with us via a cross realm raid if they wish to join us from another server.

Activities Outside of Raid
Aside from raiding, we have a lively discord community, run M+ groups and the occasional organized RBG on Friday nights if interest is high enough. We have a core group of people spanning EU and US, who all get on incredibly well both in-game and out.
We always welcome more like-minded people to join this community. All players will gladly be accepted, provided you match our ethos, and share our values: We have a strict “zero tolerance for intolerance” policy, and pride ourselves on our inclusivity and diversity.

Contact us
Discord: Nayruna#7824 / zeb#5033 / DanTheMan#3151
In Game: Nayruna#2102 or Zebedee#2214 / Crom#2777

2 Likes

Awesome community. Still looking for more!

1 Like

Based are Based, bump.

1 Like

During my time in this guild (10 months), I encountered many good players achieving high (20+) mythic keystone runs and making good progress through HC raiding. Absolutely cannot fault the gameplay skill that many of these players have. :slight_smile:

However, because one of my friends said something in Oribos general chat (I was abroad at the time so don’t actually know the specifics - something about racism and the education system), he was kicked out of the guild. Rightly so, as their guild rules are clear on racism; which I do not condone.

One of my other friends (who is a high output M+ and raid healer and has never argued or done anything wrong in the guild) chose to leave because after weeks of in-jokes during raids, the lack of wider raid member inclusion into conversations, and the general oppressive feel that the guild is moving towards (ironically, both us and the guild management left the same previous guild who displayed the same behaviours), plus the way kicking the other person out of the guild (Oribos racism chat person mentioned earlier) became a public spectacle for the whole guild as a teachable moment was extremely uncomfortable to watch. She communicated her feelings in a brief message to the GM and left it at that.

A few hours later, whilst in-game, I was removed from the guild Discord without warning. When I asked one of the Officers why, the responses were as below:

I was then removed from the guild. The only thing I have ever said in the past was that I did not believe in “fighting fire with fire” when it came to racism. As someone who is Indian on my father’s side (something they never bothered to learn because other than I’m Scottish, they took zero interest in their members), I’ve been called all the racial slurs you can think of over the years and it doesn’t bother me anymore. Yes, it probably should and I agree that unacceptable behaviours need to be challenged to enact change but that’s the world we live in and I’m tired of “fighting the good fight” that people with non-lived experience do on my peoples’ behalf. I am offended by the fact they felt they could have “taught” or educated me when most of these people who have never been subjected to racism but feel they have the right to refer to historical events as if it is a personal slur against them. Even the viewpoints that the Guild Master puts on Discord are abhorrent when all people want is a relaxed, casual environment for gaming without having societal ideologies thrust upon them:

If you’re looking for a high-performing guild, I cannot recommend them any further as it will develop your gameplay but prepared to be educated or kicked if you are not “woke” enough.

3 Likes

Basically if you think social justice issues and being anti racist makes you angry and use the word “woke” then this isn’t the guild for you.

The fact you think my views on domestic violence against women defenders is abhorrent, is in fact abhorrent, especially since it was used as an example against said friend who was kicked, when he tried to defend the white people who bought and sold slaves by saying “but black people had slaves too!”

Dissapointing, but not surprised ultimately, I hope you all find somewhere where you can be comfortable.

I can’t comment on what was said as I didn’t see comments regarding slavery but given the topic at the time was never about domestic abuse, it was a very random thing to start bringing in. However, I will be having words with the players you refer to because the points which resulted in that individual being removed were understandably concerning.

My only issue was the fact that your officer believes he has the right to “teach people not to be bad people” and that you have the authority to comment on racism with such intensity when that you have no lived experience of being black. That’s insulting. That’s akin to being white saviours. No one ever raised concerns with me on anything I said or done but the moment I asked a question (because you all made assumptions without asking), I’m guilty by association - which, by the way, is something I have lived experience of too albeit in this case it wasn’t about my ethnicity.

I do genuinely wish you all the best. As I said, the guild does have some really excellent players but I hope that, one day, you reflect on some of this as these concerns are definitely not just one-sided.

Thank you for your (second) reply - the since deleted one was certainly more…interesting!

No problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.