[H(/N?)-RP] A Roaming Hub - Session Three - Durotar's Heat! 🏜️

Sold! To the lady Orc with the excellent ideas.

I could try and incorporate some of those points and ideas into “the wolf god” plot if you like? As a sort of trial period.

Regardless awesome initiative.

5 Likes

All lands are Horde lands.

Warchief’s eyes are upon you…

:eyes:

6 Likes

-Throws off lid to the coffin-
"What year is it? Who wakes me from my slumber?!"

In all seriousness, this sounds like a really good idea. It might even be the thing that can convince me to play this crusty old git again, rather than risking insta-arrest/kill in areas over-run by the maggot-feede- I mean, Forsaken :wink:

3 Likes

This sounds good! It’ll be really useful to the Red Venturers, since it’s always nice to have more contexts and reasons to be in different zones, so you can expect to see us keeping an eye on this. Oh yes.

2 Likes

While the Sisterhood as a whole supports the Dark Lady, we are not beyond helping others in need. Will be looking forward to this!

3 Likes

All I can say is “yes.”

If I wasn’t headed abroad next month and needed to prepare for that, I’d offer DM’d events based around gathering resources for the caravan in a heartbeat.

I wish you all the best of luck with this, sincerely, and I hope lots of guilds come out to travel wif ya!

5 Likes

It’s been a while since Bearan went on a good hunt.

3 Likes

I just woke up from a long slumber, (Campaign nights mean late night RP for me almost always…) but having partaken in the early Darkspear Rebellion RP back in the day myself, and indeed having some criticisms of my own, here’s a few things I’d suggest are fairly different.

1. Nothing in this initiative is aimed at launching or emboldening a rebellion; I’ve no idea how the lore pans out on this yet. Instead it’s aimed at trying to re-integrate or help figure out a path for “Horde” characters who’re disillusioned with it’s current state - I noticed we have a lot of those.
  1. As mentioned by others, this will not be centered around a single location, and certainly not a location close to Orgrimmar, with the Kor’kron Vanguard looming in the distance. Indeed, unlike the Darkspear Rebellion it won’t be centered around “one big evil”, but more exploring what else creeps in when the “Red Eye” points elsewhere.
  1. I’m hoping the spirit of trying to help engage low-activity-existing or new-to-be-made communities (Pandaria and Nightborne as an example) will encourage an atmosphere of co-operation both IC and OOC, rather than the… somewhat lacklustre performance both from myself and others in those days.
17 Likes

While I understand the reservations there may be about premature ‘rebellion RP’, I think this part hits the nail on the head. Although Blizzard have written it in a way that the Horde is generally still following Sylvanas’ orders loyally, as RPers who want to remain true to their characters, it is very difficult to reconcile character morality vs the inconsistent and often cartoon-villain-esque narrative we’re given.

This seems like a based alternative, somewhere in the middle ground.

12 Likes

If you can give me a pointer or two towards settlements/zones we’ll be staying in for longer periods (I noticed the events on my calendar, and that there’s some downtime!) I’d be happy to try and prod our Cenarion Circle/whatever else community in the region and try to get the creative ball rolling!

3 Likes

I’ll hit you up with a PM tommorow when I’m reunited with my laptop!

1 Like

double posting… ugh

Regardless! this is all a very real thing that is occuring! and it looks like the initial steps of this roaming hub have been kindly helped along by many hands tonight.

The Crossroads is where it all begins! and come monday the 28th, we may be headed steadily on our way north!

3 Likes

I’ll be tracking where we are and where we’re going in the thread for now! Rest assured, there’s about a month or two already set up!

5 Likes

I want to say I love this initiative and I very much hope to be a part of it if I can at all! Sooner or later, this will become very relevant for Naoru, I fear. :eyes:

As far as premature rebellions go - I know this isn’t a rebellion!!! - I would argue that we should have seen signs of rebellion as early as 8.0, so this provocative statement is more than welcome.

3 Likes

Rebellion? What rebellion? Nobody here mentioned any rebellions.

We’re just a bunch of cool folk taking care of Kalimdor while a lot of craaaaazy stuff happens elsewhere. We’ll keep it chill and law abiding while doing our best for the Horde.

Has anyone seen my Hawaiian shirt?

5 Likes

The King thanks you for your service. Just contact us if you need some weapons, food or other supplies - we’ve got you covered.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! I’m also especially glad to see that members of the alliance are submitting to the majestic might of King Rastakhan!

4 Likes

“What is honor to a corpse?”

1 Like

I stand with my Warchief!

Yes, yes… but seriously, Have you seen my Hawaiin shirt?

I just can’t get any more chill without it.

1 Like