[H-RP] Bilgewater Harbour RP Community

Hello folks!

I’ve been mulling it over in my mind a lot recently, and with the new models being released in 8.2.5, and Goblin Heritage Armour coming at us in 8.3, we’ve seen and are expecting a surge in Goblin RP; so I thought it would be quite cool to try and get a bit of an initiative going and create an RP community which, if all goes well, could see Bilgewater Harbour in Azshara become a proper little RP hub! For that reason I am pleased to announce the in game Bilgewater Harbour RP community!

What is the purpose of the community?

The purpose of the Bilgewater Harbour RP community is simple, it’s an in game community specifically tailored to creating a forum through which Horde and especially Goblin players who love the Bilgewater Goblin aesthetic can come together and chat about and get together for RP in Bilgewater Harbour, Azshara.

The community is all inclusive so long as you follow the rules and we have high hopes that it will become a great place for people to set up RP in the Harbour, talk about recent developments and even set up a whole host events that aren’t just about guilds but everyone who chooses to have their character reside in Bilgewater Harbour.

What are the rules?

Although this community is all inclusive, we do have some ground rules which need to be enforced in order to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable RP experience. Do not:

• Use the community to harass other players.
  • Be overly explicit or use the channel to promote public ERP.
  • Make excessive use of foul language.
  • Belittle other role players.
  • Use the community for metagaming in character.

What social events will there be?

The key to creating a good hub outside of the major cities is for things to happen around town which give role players a unique experience. The kind of events you might expect to find in Bilgewater Harbour include:

• Harbour hours hosted on a monthly basis.
  • Various Goblin themed sporting events.
  • The bar nights which are already being hosted.
  • Expansion/patch relevant events.
  • A few mysteries to get your Goblins Grandma gossiping.
  • Special celebrations for festivals.

And many more…

And how to join?

Joining is easy! Simply click on this link or copy it in game or something (I have no clue how player communities work!) and it should allow you or give you an invitation to join?

OR message me on Trautfizzle and I’ll be happy to throw you an invitation to the community. If anyone wants to help me moderate things, dish out invitations or leads a guild which is based in Bilgewater Harbour, feel free to also ask me about getting moderation privileges!

You could also join the Cartelagion discord server, which has its own Bilgewater Harbour RP tab for communicating outside of the game (remember to remove the space between h and ttps)

h ttps://discord.gg/BUdCmJp

Other than that, cheers folks, we look forward to seeing you around Bilgewater Harbour real soon!

16 Likes
4 Likes

Always wanted to see a roleplaying community frolicking in the slums and backalleys of Bilgewater.

Very cool and interesting!

3 Likes

I love Bilgewater Harbour. It’s a criminally underused area and I wholeheartedly approve of this initiative.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good word folks, and also thank you Kump for linking the Cartelagio discord you incredibly trustworthy Orc you!

4 Likes

I endorse this really hard.

5 Likes

The link apparently timed out for some reason even though I swear I set it to never expire and have unlimited uses. There’s a new link in the first post but I’ll post that link here too so you can join away:

4 Likes

I sincerely wish someone would make footbomb events…

3 Likes

Sounds great i have a Goblin i do not RP much. Will be great to just have a hub to go to when i feel a little time for some Green.

1 Like

Great initiative! Bilgewater Harbor is such a cool place it’d be great to see it come more alive.

2 Likes

Now endorsed by y’madah’s favourite lawyer.

On a more serious note, I’m planning a series of large scale events around the harbour to generate some buzz. Although there is already RP there, just not as much as we’d like. A guild known as the family works the tavern so if you’re wanting to be a part of the community go stop by for a drink some time.

4 Likes

The community is growing slow and steadily and already there are some signs of RP around town! The Bilgewater Battalion will be on the streets this week bruising anyone who’s bringing guns to barfights as well as training and inventing up in the barracks and new community events will start popping up on the calendar and be announced here real soon!

Whilst the inn/bar is already being run by a guild, it would always be nice to see more business owners and trades people popping up around town; especially if someone wants to run the restaurant down near the docks, it’s a great little place to hang out and gossip!

6 Likes

It’s also a great place to drink your worries away while enjoying that refreshing Bilgewater Harbour air. If only the chairs weren’t so difficult to sit in.

Also.

The restaurants front is covered in crayfish/lobsters, there’s some being served on the tables, there’s a moving, giant billboard of a goblin chef boiling a lobster alive above the shop and yet… They don’t sell any lobster food items on the merchant.

This is false advertising! They advertised with promises of lobster, but didn’t deliver. This is a scam. I’m gonna sue!

2 Likes

I would really love to get into some Bilgewater Harbour RP and maybe get that restaurant running if it’s still empty and people want more businesses down at the Harbour. The Coinpot’s and their company Coinpot Revelry mainly provide Entertainment services so it’d be right up our alley, good lobster, better entertainment.
I just recently heard of this community and also the Tavern down at the Harbour but I can’t wait to visit and sample their menu!

3 Likes

It’s an awesome little spot and I much prefer it over the inn up the hill just for the fact that they have more than one table. Love the idea of just putting my feet up and sipping spiked punch from a hollowed out pineapple while my order of lobster’s cooking. You’d definitely have a regular right here.

Oil rigs going wrong an and upcoming Hallows End bash are what we have in store down in the Harbour!

Ghoulish Goblin Hallows End Hijinks!

Once a year during Hallows End, the people of Azeroth come together to celebrate all that is Ghoulish and Ghastly whilst others honour the wicker. The people of Bilgewater Harbour are no exception to that rule, so come on down to the restaurant and the tavern for a Hallows End celebration with plenty of candy to go around!

What: A Hallows End Celebration in Bilgewater Harbour
Where: Bilgewater Harbour, the tavern and the seafood restaurant. Who: Anyone who wants to come along or help organize some fun is free to join in!
When: Wednesday 30th October from 8.00PM onwards.

Events of the night will include: - Crafty Cuisine sold at the restaurant. - A costume contest in the townsquare. - Trick or treating around town. - Jack-o-lantern Showdown, the last person without a jack-o-lantern on their head wins! - An Apple Bobbing contest in the inn. And a surprise guest who has chosen to wreak havoc in our highly flammable Harbour for the night with his cleansing fires!

3 Likes

Time to bump this thread to keep it alive. I’ll try to be relevant while I’m at it.

I started RPing my mechanic character, Gridcog only recently and I’ve had a very good time in the goblin corner of the community. I purposefully tried to make my character less of a strict combatant and leaned much more heavily into the mechanic/constructor character.

At the start I kind of feared I’d get nothing out of it since the characters I’ve played before have all been much more combat oriented. Orc warrior. Troll hunter. That type of stuff. Can’t tell you how pleasantly surprised I’ve been by the RP that my goblin has gotten into.

Starting with simple mechanic events around Azshara. Joining another goblin mechanic on her assigned jobs to earn a few coins. Performing simple maintenance up at the Pleasure Palace. Reacting to the opulence from the point of view of my impoverished mechanic was just the thing to get the character going.

Since then, my character has gotten into several… Sticky situations. Being present when an oil refinery happened to explode due to an unfortunate “accident” and smoothing it over with the local authorities, the Bilgewater Battalion.

Thanks to certain events involving the hunt for a gigantic radioactive wolf, my mechanic received a promotion from the Cartel and now serves as a Foreman. Though hardly changing his day to day life and pretty much just adding additional overseer duties and paperwork to his schedule, Gridcog now at least enjoys the luxury of sleeping in a bed, rather than a dirty ditch and makes a point of not being one of those Foremen who just sit around all day and yell at people. Gridcog will be one of those Foremen who yells at people, but also does things. After all, in Bilgewater Harbor, there’s always stuff to repair.

My first steps into the goblin RP scene have been very enjoyable to say the least.

PS
And to anyone who has a mechanic type character knocking around and wants to come hang out at the Harbor, doing menial and less menial tasks, find me or send me a letter if I’m not around. I will gladly co-operate and engage in some silly mechanic RP. I fear that oil refinery incident is only a start.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.