[H-RP] Convocation of Elrendar

“Name me the largest lake in our great kingdom. Name me the stretch of purest water splitting our fair lands in twain. Name me the dividing line between the unrelenting chaos of southern Quel’thalas and the glorious majesty of the North: Elrendar.” – Sateal Emberheart, founding Archon of the Convocation

"At its best, The Convocation should aim to be nothing less than what its name implies, a guide for our people to a prosperous destiny, unburdened by the past or wasteful dogma. King Dath'remar's only error was abdication, leaving the future in the hands of the unworthy. That is the same mistake we won't repeat." - Archon Sorlain Amaran

Having existed in one form or another since the fall of the Lich King, the Convocation of Elrendar has gone through tumultuous times, and changed much, with the one constant being its commitment to the benefit of the blood elf people. Following a stint in the Reliquary's service and service in the war effort on Draenor, the Convocation were implicated in treason following an ill-considered deal with a Magistrix in service to the Legion. Freed from incarceration to be deployed in the Warchief's Sylvanas service by a new Overseer, the Convocation's goals are unchanged. To stand stalwart in their support of the Horde, to assist in the efforts to beat back the demonic invasion of Azeroth and as always, push Sin'dorei interests in old territories and the new,

To go about these goals the Convocation has recently reorganized into operating on a top-down system of command, prioritizing the individual contribution of its members and their skillsets while giving a chance for any to advance within its ranks. Lowest on its rungs are the initiates, undergoing a period of acclimatization before their blood oath to the Convocation is made. From there, they advance to members of the Praetorians, the defenders of the organisation's leaders and its interests, now fully inducted into the group. Closest to the ruling Archon are the Scions, the highest advisors of the group, who guide the group and who's skills and contributions shape operations both on and off the field, having command delegated to them depending on the needs of the mission undertaken.

As executors of the Sin'dorei's interests at home and abroad, with a hostile bent towards the Alliance and the Legion both in the trying times following the Legion's return, the Convocation's missions vary from assignments on behalf of the Horde, to personal projects to advance their agenda to vendetta against past foes. The group is not above using connections of their members to find work, nor acting as mercenaries if needed. There are very few types of missions the Convocation rejects entirely, at least where the Horde is involved. The core calculus is whether the steps taken benefit the blood elf people and their place in the world foremost, and the organisation itself second.

Legion has come, and the Convocation is there and with a new direction for the new expansion comes a revision of the old topic. As with before, In lieu of the usual info dump on all relevant subjects, I’ve opted to go for a little FAQ-esque list on who we are and what you should do if you’re interested in joining, updated to reflect the times.

1. Who are you and what do you do?

The Convocation of Elrendar is a heavy RP guild primarily focused on Blood Elves, their moral ambiguity and their ties with the rest of the Horde. We’ve been around on the Sha’tar since late Wrath and through retooling we’ve stayed active for the majority of time across the years. In Legion, the Convocation currently works as an independent force on behalf of the Horde, tightly connected to both the new Warchief's Deathstalkers, but with connections, good or ill, stretching over many more organisations within both Quel’thalas and the Horde, leading the order across Azeroth and far from their home in the High Kingdom.

2. What can the Convocation offer me?

While we’re primarily an RP guild, our strong OOC community almost always has someone around to tag along for retro raids and dungeons, though our attempts at organizing anything larger almost always end up with one desperate soul spamming RPSocial to get people who are actually geared to help out. First and foremost, we’re a roleplaying guild, with at least three events per week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 19:30 realm time.

Random RP tends to vary between those who avoid it and those who revel in it, but if you ask us, you’ll usually find someone willing to help you out when you’re bored. We usually keep in contact through Skype when out of the game, so though using it is not necessary, it’s heavily recommended if you want to stay in touch with the community (and keep up to date on all the recent in-jokes).

3. You sure talk about elves a lot, I want to join, but I’m not sure playing one is my cup of tea. Do I still have a chance?

Yes, but it has its hangups. The reason we put so much emphasis on this is that the Convocation has, technically at least, always been a blood elf guild. However, we’ve always had one or two exceptions tagging along because certain characters mesh in or have very strong reasons for being part of it. If you want to join the Convocation on a non-Blood Elf, you will get the most out of it if you have a character who has strong ties to Quel’thalas or a reason to be heavily invested in their interests. The sole exception to this given Sylvanas's new role in Legion, Forsaken characters aligned with her would have a fairly easy time as assistant overseers to the Convocation. Opinions on the Horde races vary among the members and we’d be hard-pressed to accept an application for a character who doesn’t really have a reason to care about the Sin’dorei. Still, if you have a character who’s a fit, Blood Elf or no, we’ll try and find them a spot.

4. Why are you called the Convocation of Elrendar? Do you have anything to do with the Convocation of Silvermoon?

The name is a show of the Convocation leadership's lofty ambitions, rarely matched by reality, to fill in the same role that the Council of Silvermoon once did, directing the High Kingdom to productive aims. To the latter question, yes and no – there’s no one in the Convocation with any ties to speak of with the previous Council, nor are they remotely similar in purpose or influence. The name is not accidental, the founding Archons declared its creation on the banks of the river Elrendar and they, as well as those who ended up replacing them, even now, through various political pushes, to obtain a similar level of influence as the old Convocation, most of which inevitably backfire.

5. I’m interested, but I don’t have much experience with the lore or with roleplaying. What are your requirements?

From an OOC standpoint, we used to want our members to be at least level 20 (or 70 for Death Knights) when they join, but given the new focus on the Broken Isles, we're raising this requirement to level 100 for all classes.We’ll do our best to protect you when we’re in a higher level zone for RP, but it’s heartily recommended that you try and get your character to max level ASAP so we have full access to every are ain the game. The only addons required are TRP(2 or 3) or MRP, as they’re a staple of the realm. There aren't any OOC limitations on class either, though some may fit better than others.

We want our members to have a good grasp on the English language. However if you have dyslexia or are still studying, we’ll take it in mind while reading your application, just let us know immediately. Likewise, because we rely overwhelmingly on established lore, it would be good if you know as much about it as possible. Wowpedia is a great source for this and the official roleplaying forums are full of guides. We’re less picky about roleplaying experience – even if you’re just starting out or have only played tabletop, we’ll give you all the help you can on your trial period to help you fit in.

While this may seem overwhelming at first glance, all of that’s not something that’s too hard to catch up on with the right sources and we’ll be happy to guide you along the way. Provided you’re willing to learn and can take advice, you’ll be good before you know it. After all, we were all newbies at one point.

6. That all sounds very interesting, how can I join up and where do I go if I have any more questions?

Back when Sha’tar was on its own and even after the merge with Moonglade, because of the small number of players we used to do our recruitment in-game. Now that the server has expanded, we now offer an alternative in the form of an application form on our guild website, but if you're at all interested in joining, all you need to do to start is to toss a message to anyone in the guild online and they'll patch you through to an officer to continue.

www.convocationofelrendar.eu

When or before you sign up, please tell us on this thread or send a message to Sorlaín, Jovia/Elrodan, Viradri or Tale if you have any questions. These are also the people you should talk to if you have any further questions about the guild, or if you’re a GM who wants to run a cooperative event with us, which we’re of course also open to.

Phew, that was a little lengthy - Thank you very much for reading and we hope to see you in-game or on one of the sites linked above! We wish you a lot of fun in the meantime, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to talk to any of us online!
Join this guild, it has elves in it.
"The Convocation of Elrendar? Yeah, I know of them. Fought beside em more than a few times, in some important battles and campaigns. They serve the elven interests, yeah, but they stand with the Horde and doing the right thing for its people, same as us. My trust in them as allies has never been misplaced."

A bump from an ally! If you want to serve the interests of Quel'thalas, you'll not regret joining these good people!
And after the holidays we're back up. The Convocation is spending a bit of its time hunting down signs of Legion influence in Quel'thalas and aiding the Forsaken in the Eastern Kingdoms, but their next main destination is back to the Broken Isles and the united elven front in Suramar. Anyone interested is welcome to apply by forum or in-game.
Hello, I would love to join this guild. I am not sure if you would allow undead in your ranks but lore wise it makes sense.
20/01/2017 15:49Posted by Jawferd
Hello, I would love to join this guild. I am not sure if you would allow undead in your ranks but lore wise it makes sense.

Hello, Jawferd. The Convocation does indeed accept undead, as they have strong ties with the Horde under Sylvanas's leadership and have assisted the Forsaken in the war effort.

If you'd still like to get in touch, you can either apply through the guild site linked above or you can ask anyone of us online, who should usually be able to get me online to talk with you. If not, you will always be able to find someone online in the guild at around 19:00~ server time from Monday to Wednesday due to our event schedule.
We aren't just Sin'dorei. We're Win'dorei.

I'm so sorry for what I just did
"Wait, we get paid for this? How much? Why did nobody tell me?" - Jovia Dawnsong
After a successful outing in Suramar and reorganisation, the Convocation have returned to Quel'thalas and are embarking on a campaign against a ring of Legion-affiliated interests in the High Kingdom that's about to take them sailing around Azeroth. The main text has been updated to reflect these changes and as ever we'll see you all online.
*Pokes head in*

Blood Elf master race.

*Camouflages and sneaks away*
Status update for everyone.

After a difficult outing in Uldum pursuing a vendetta against a rogue noblewoman and venturing into Sholazar to regroup and take some time away, the Convocation are once again on their way back to Quel'thalas. With Argus looming on the horizon, the Convocation will be focusing their full attention on the Legion again alongside the other forces within the Horde on the server. As always the contact details are up top.
We're all going to die on Argus. We need replacements to continue scheming and plotting against each other.
Good guild. Shame about the elves, but everything else is just wonderful.
"Ignoring certain mistakes, we are the best the Sin'dorei have to show. First in to any battlefield, ready to work towards whatever goals we are given." - Scion Hiruel Viradri
After a difficult time on Argus that ended with a considerable shake-up in their leadership and a heavy hit to their finances, the Convocation have begun rebuilding. In the build-up to the war between Alliance and Horde, paying a visit to Silithus to reinforce the azerite-mining operation as well as dealing with plots by the Amani back home in Quel'thalas, on top of trouble suspected to be associated with the void elves. As ever, its doors are open and a new thread is pending for when Battle for Azeroth comes out and heavier changes come around.
Elro's back from the dead to let you know the void campaign in Quel'Thalas is coming to an end soon. The Convocation is gearing up to destroy all void elves and any Alliance that stand between them and the void-corrupt scum. Once we've looked into hiring out some more Light users of course.
The Convocation has once again changed IC management and committed itself to a three pillar policy - removing void elves, demoralizing and pressing the advantage against the Alliance and the collection and exploitation of azerite. After a diplomatic success in Zuldazar following a lot of trouble with authorities the Convocation have begun their attack on Stormsong, with the aim of bringing a civilized elven hand to the proceedings against Kul Tiras.

We are as ever open for business through the app form on convocationofelrendar.eu.
29/10/2018 22:27Posted by Evenmourn
The Convocation has once again changed IC management and committed itself to a three pillar policy - removing void elves, demoralizing and pressing the advantage against the Alliance and the collection and exploitation of azerite. After a diplomatic success in Zuldazar following a lot of trouble with authorities the Convocation have begun their attack on Stormsong, with the aim of bringing a civilized elven hand to the proceedings against Kul Tiras.

We are as ever open for business through the app form on convocationofelrendar.eu.

!!!!!! this makes me so happy to see.
Join. They're pretty solid from what I've seen/heard ^.^