(Happy Birthday to the) Dust Devils - 4 whole years of action adventure!

What sort of Dust Devilry is this?

I stayed with these folks for quite a while, and like I mentioned before in the thread, has some of the best DMing I’ve ever encountered. It might be a bit too fast-paced for some, but it certainly isn’t boring.

Best way to describe the Dust Devils -And I hope OP will correct me if I am mistaken- is that it is a lighter RP guild. By that, I mean there is no intense narrative going on. The OP has crafted several factions with differences going for them, so encountering them is basically a theme in of itself. This is a guild where the priority of the RP is to have fun, and get to the action right away. The social aspect is initiated by the players themselves.

Because of the way the Dust Devils are managed from an IC perspective, I would describe them as amateur heroes.
These are not the heroes you see in history books, but the ones you will see in an action comedy movie! If Johnny English ended up in the Warcraft Universe and was raised as a forsaken, he would have been a perfect fit for the Dust Devils.

Another bonus with the guild is that Kait and the community are generally very pleasant and nice.

So in short: If you want a lighthearted guild that is about fun, action and fast pacing, then consider the Dust Devils!

3 Likes

Mr Worggrim you are far too kind!! :sob:

It’s been an honour serving with you; and I look forwards to our “One last job” event on Saturday, I’m sure it’ll be a tearful parting indeed!

But thank you for the lovely words - I try my best to please, and I’m glad you were around to experience some of the journey with us <3

True to Worggrim’s word though, I endeavour to keep my events as action packed and inclusive as possible; giving everyone plenty to react to IC, & making sure everyone has something to do!

And there will be plenty to do after we end our “New content RP break” this Saturday - kicking straight back into high gear with a Horde-side mini campaign open to all, where we go dashing all around Azeroth to stop the diabolical forces of the Loyalist New Order from tearing open portals to another reality!

Of course, the Order aren’t the only supervillains with an eye on the parallel universe prize - rumour says that already the cackling agents of the Joy Division have began constructing a portal machine of their very own, and who knows what the rest of our rogue’s gallery are up to, especially with the tantalising power of the Shadowlands hanging like a ripe fruit over their heads!

Honestly, we’ve beaten these villains so many times before, but they still keep coming with ever grander schemes for world domination; one might think they’re just bursting out of holes in the ground -!

That’s right folks, it’s a whole new world (of Warcraft expansion), with the same old villains up to whole new shenanigans - and the Dust Devils are gonna need your help to stop them!

Fancy coming to give us a hand?!

Catch us out in the wilds of Pandaria this coming Saturday - as ever, we’re always more than happy to have folks along!

Peace! x

(No, I’m not nearly as sorry about the constant Rise of Skywalker references as I should be. I’m definitely a little sorry though)

3 Likes

Love you and the Dust Devils Kait :sparkling_heart: If I wasn’t in the Forlorn Order, I would totally run off with the circus.

3 Likes

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

DEAREST FRIENDS!

It is with GREAT joy that I report, that the foul, diabolical Supreme Leader of the Loyalist New Order - self appointed as second only to the Dark Lady herself in the chain of command (overlooking the boyfriend, of course) - IS FINALLY DEFEATED!

The wretched woman behind the approval of every assault the Order has ever launched against the free peoples of Azeroth: from the smallest surgical strike on a lonely Horde outpost, right through to the potentially world-ending threats of Project Perdition and the Year Zero machine, is at long last utterly destroyed; and the world now free of her limitless lust for power!

Downed by the very heroes she lured into her ultimate trap -a floating, time twisting doomsday device, simply titled “The End”- the Supreme Leader had planned to have us watch on helplessly, as her loathsome machines blasted raw NUKULAR power backwards through time: annihilating New Order’s enemies years before they were even aware of the Order’s existence!

All throughout Azeroth’s past, cracks in time were wrenched open before baffled onlookers; only to spew forth vicious beams of NUKULAR lightning, burning and disintegrating everyone in range, long before they could ever pose a threat to the Supreme Leader’s plans for world domination!

One by one, the Horde forces in the present began to vanish in agony, as their past selves were disintegrated: even Kaitylinn herself crumbled to dust, mid way through the mission, as a crack in time opened ten years in her past, and destroyed her when she was naught but a little girl.

Horrified and outnumbered, it seemed as if this was truly the end of the free world; as the Supreme Leader stood, mere moments away from her ultimate triumph - and yet, even when all seemed lost, still the fiery spit of hope remained!

Our remaining, valiant heroes dashed forth; and in a final, desperate battle, managed to reverse the backwards thrust of the Supreme Leader’s time machine, dragging the NUKULAR power backwards into the present, undoing all the destruction and death it had wrought - and blasting all right back, into the Supreme Leader’s very heart!

Flooded by the sheer force of over ten thousand NUKULAR volts, the Supreme Leader’s body splintered and cracked; before she was utterly eviscerated, torn to pieces by the explosive energy of her own foul science!

Dashing to the flight deck, as the time machine crumbled upon itself, the remaining Loyalist troopers were utterly desecrated, as time itself took its terrible revenge upon those who had sought to exploit it. Explosions roared; flames leapt into the sky - only by some miracle did our heroes manage to escape the ensuing inferno, as the End finally detonated, sending shockwaves all throughout time.

A cheer went up, from all the free peoples of Azeroth present to witness the destruction; it was over. Finally, the threat of the Supreme Leader, was over. After so much death and destruction; after so many desperate battles against her legions of overwhelming evil, and so many all too narrow victories - the good people of our planet can sleep soundly, knowing that never again will they face imminent destruction at her hands!

Of course, splinter factions will remain; hidden outposts scattered throughout the land, and the occasional Dreadnought flying fortress, scurrying far out to sea - but scattered, divided, and leaderless, the Order’s power to seriously threaten our world, is over.

Ladies and gentlemen; dearest friends - we’re finally free…

HELLO GAMERS!

Hope you’re all good - and enjoying the run up to the happiest season of all!

Speaking of seasons! With the ultimate defeat of one of our many, MANY villainous factions, I would like to announce that a long time Dust Devils story arc is over -and with that, our animated adventure enters its season two!!

Of course, we haven’t changed a bit since season one; the Supreme Leader might be down for the count, but plenty of New Order splinter factions remain - and that’s not even to MENTION all our other villains, upon who’m we’re barely getting started!

The sinister Matron of Serenity Falls; the elusive Thirteen of the Velvet Glove; the CEO of Azero-Dex Incorporated; and of course, the certain someone behind the Joy Divison, are still VERY much alive and kicking - and out enacting their own schemes for world domination!

But as ever, the Dust Devils and their friends will be there to stop them! And we’re always looking for more to sign up to fight the good fight - if you’re looking for high octane action adventure, look no further my friend!

In fact, sooner or later we’ll be running our VERY SPECIAL Winter Veil event, where the aforementioned certain someone will be doing her very best to ruin the celebration! Want to find out what she’s up to, and see if we can beat her beforehand?!

You know where to find us gamers; peace -and if I don’t manage to bump the thread again in time, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!

4 Likes

broke: low fantasy

woke: high fantasy

bespoke: fighting radiation-wielding undead sylvanas loyalists on the back of an airship over their advanced weapons research laboratory in the frozen wastes of Icecrown, all under the orders of an insane cowgirl.

my time has been short but glorious.

7 Likes

So you thought the Dust Devils had taken the holidays off?!

That with the New Order scattered to the winds, and Azero-Dex Incorporated’s latest dastardly plan to steal Christmas Winter’s Veil meeting an explosive ending, Kaitylinn and her motley crew might have been able to put their feet up and take a day off?!

Sorry kids; you thought wrong!

For a first thing, even the New Order’s tattered remains are still up to no good; perhaps even deadlier than before, for with no central command structure to organise their assaults, they now lash out like a cornered beast - even going so far as to avenge their fallen leader by activating the devastating “Unthinkable” machines, triggering a wave of catastrophic natural disasters all over Azeroth!

For a second, the burning remnants of their previous ploy for power -the cracks in time and space flung open by “Operation Unlimited”- are still out there; and attracting all sorts of attention! Already rumours talk of a gaggle of purple costumed cooks heading to the west, eager to get their hands on whatever remaining portal technology they can; no doubt for some purpose more sinister than even the loyalists originally intended!

For a third, the rest of our rogue’s gallery has been FAR from idle in the meantime; for while you’ve all been busy fighting the more familiar forces of evil (the Jailer and his posthumous posse!), so the lesser known names of the Velvet Glove and the Grey Choir, amongst others, have been fortifying their positions, and finalising their master plans! And with three planets, ten continents and two whole realms of existence to play with, who knows where, or how, they’ll strike next?!

Want to embrace yourself in even higher than high fantasy?! Ever fancied fighting masked mind-flaying assassins on the side of a star ship hurtling to the furthest reaches of space?! Or heroically leaping into the hereafter to halt a greedy megacorporation from privatising the very concept of death?!

Well the Dust Devils might just be for you; enlist today to fight the GOOD fight against the forces of evil you’ve never heard of!!

Check out our latest guild trailer, made with 100% in game found footage!

8 Likes

They make me look weak in their events… Hrrrngh, damn your villains Kaitylinn…

Love 'em though, always.

1 Like

Join the Devils!

Raise some Hell!

Save the world!

3 Likes

Thank you for the wild adventures! Always grand being along for one!

And thank you for the mercy shown for my less than godly rolls…

3 Likes

Alright ladies, listen up! I know you’re all as eager as I am to get right into the action, so I’ll keep this short!
We got a whole lotta Loyalists, bunkered in those mountains; and up there with 'em is the superweapon that’s being tearing Azeroth to pieces. It’s bought fires and floods, typhoons and tornados - and now, it’s powering up to unleash armageddon itself. All around it, there’s defensive cannons, booby traps, shield generators - not to mention an entire legion of Dreadtroopers; locked, loaded, and spoiling for a scrap!
And then?! Then there’s us; we’re the ones who’re gonna march right on in there, and blow it all STRAIGHT back to hell!

They called it “The Unthinkable”.

A geo-engineering machine, conceived by the foulest minds in the Loyalist war machine, built with only one purpose in mind - vengeance.

All across the planet, the loyalists inflicted devastation beyond measure on the free people of Azeroth; wiping away villages and towns, soldiers and civilians in the blink of an eye, turning the very ground they stood upon against them. Chasms opened; volcanoes erupted - oceans swelled, sweeping countless numbers into the sea. Buried within their hideout, the Loyalists looked on and smiled - knowing full well that this time, this time, nobody would be able to stop them.

Nobody that is - except for the Dust Devils, and all their allies bound together to fight the good fight!!

Blasting through barricades and blizzards of bullets, we fought our way deep underground, down to the very heart of the wretched machine; shedding life and limb until finally coming to its only vulnerability - the great NUKULAR engine, roaring beneath it. And you bet, we did what we do best.

Blew it all sky high!!

Dashing back out, as the base erupted around us, we portalled out of there; moments before the resulting explosion ripped the mountains asunder.

AND WE’VE ONLY JUST GOTTEN STARTED!

That’s right readers; you think I’m gonna put my feet up and settle down, now that’s all over and done with?!

Think again! The dust hasn’t even settled on the Unthinkable, and already the forces of evil are on the move once again; pouring troops into region after region, scouring the world for reasons as of yet unknown to us!

But whatever it is, we know it’s real bad news - and we’re gonna need you (yeah you!) to help us stop them!

Whether it’s the Carnevil in the high peaks of Northrend, or the Grey Choir in the sunken depths of Deepholm; wherever the B-List badguys strike, so the Dust Devils and their allies are there to strike back!!

Want to stand up and be counted to fight the good fight, and help keep Azeroth safe, now and forever?!

You know where to find us gamers; see you in the field!

Peace!!

2 Likes

Always fun and crazy with these guys.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words gamers - I only hope you had as much fun playing as I did DMing for you! You know you’re welcome back anytime; there’s always plenty more badguys in need of a beat down!

In fact, last time I counted (which was just now, because I have literally nothing better to do in a lockdown), we had exactly EIGHTEEN different villainous factions in need of a beatdown; hopefully before they can beat us, and crush the free people of Azeroth beneath their iron-clad heels!

From more familiar faces such as recently rebranded loyalists of the Resurgent Order; to lesser seen but NO LESS DEADLY ner-do-wells, like the skittering hordes at the command of the hideously mutated silithid brain bug buried below the earth - the driving force behind tonight’s insectoid adversary, “The Swarm”!

Born from Loyalist experiments gone BADLY wrong, the brain bug sits at the heart of a vast, pulsating hive mind - a neural net commanding trillions of tiny bugs (and their bigger, tougher cousins), who promptly swarm over and into their hosts, and use their fleshy forms as puppets for to carry out their own nefarious ends!

We don’t know where the brain bug is, or what it wants -but we DO know that it’s skittering minions have been sweeping all across Azeroth in recent months, festering in every nook and cranny they can find! And with distress calls coming in from Horde bases all over the planet, it’s clearly time for a little pest control!

Want to come along and help us squash the swarm?!

Valley of Honour, 20:30 realm time tonight - bring some fly spray and a swatter, it’s gonna be buzzin’!

(God I’m far too old to be using street slang)

3 Likes

I wish I had a Horde character :frowning:

3 Likes

You know gamers, a wise man once said “Show, don’t tell!”

Now I’ve spent a lot of time on this thread trying to tell you why you should join the Dust Devils for a rockin’ good time - but thanks to the magic of image capturing and Trust Level 3, it’s now within my power to show you why you should sign up to our band of dare devil do gooders!

So - without further a do, here’s a rogue’s gallery of all the screenshots from my events I remembered to take that actually came out not half bad!

Join the Dust Devils today, and you could find yourself:

Fighting off Banshee Loyalist mecha-dragons in the sky!

https://i.imgur.com/FqcG4nO.png

Fighting off Banshe Loyalist mecha-spiders in the snow!

https://i.imgur.com/FXbKXsD.png

Fighting off Banshee Loyalist Dreadnoughts in space!

https://i.imgur.com/rYIzN7C.png

Landing on them too!

https://i.imgur.com/YlO03dM.png

Trying to avoid being eaten by giant bugs!

https://i.imgur.com/Tu6Puc6.png

Trying to avoid being eaten by giant bats!

https://i.imgur.com/VaFOjUp.png

Trying to help this troll avoid being eaten by even larger bugs!

https://i.imgur.com/84bbuic.png

Battling this giant robot!

https://i.imgur.com/jRcWr9o.png

Battling this giant NUKULAR mutant!

https://i.imgur.com/gKwPZMu.png

Battling the entire Joy Division before they can unleash their fleet of spinning death discs across all of Azeroth!

https://i.imgur.com/pDFy39Y.png

Infiltrating this underground NUKULAR bunker!

https://i.imgur.com/UArosUy.png

Escaping the burning wreckage of this gunned down Horde airship!

https://i.imgur.com/ZsIUUi2.png

Getting out of here without getting hideously irradiated!

https://i.imgur.com/RewfErs.png

And here without getting burned to a crisp!

https://i.imgur.com/sCjqo6N.png

Why, you can even take to the skies to sneak up on this giant flying brain parasite, before it’s enormously tentacled mother in the background can raise up to swallow the planet whole!

https://i.imgur.com/gzWGXDN.png

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, in the Dust Devils there’s literally NOTHING you can’t do - and those are just stories from the screen shots I did take! Imagine what goes on in the ones I didn’t, or couldn’t post here because I had my thumb in the way of the photo!

Don’t delay, join today, and next time it could be YOU fighting for your life in those screenshots!

Peace!

5 Likes

7 Likes

That’s right, folks! You can also experience an aquaphobic’s worst nightmare: Risk getting drowned in the sea, a mage’s nightmare of unreliable portal services -and- on top of that; a manifestation of action comedy where you are actually safer juggling dynamite over a lit brazier pan, although that is nowhere near as fun as adventuring with the Dust Devils!

2 Likes

The guild that is worth the repair bills, therapy bills and hazmat suits

2 Likes

Millions of brain eating bugs, about to erupt from their nests and swarm all over Azeroth!

Hundreds of weaponised flying machines, teleported into our world spitting death and destruction!

Dozens of hidden NUKULAR missiles, buried beneath us, primed and ready to detonate!

And only a handful of Dust Devils on hand to stop them!

Outnumbered and hopelessly outgunned, can our daring do gooders sweep through in time to save the day, or will Azeroth finally fall to the dark forces of evil?!

You’ll have to find out by reading this latest entry in the awesome adventures of the Dust Devils and friends - coming immediately to a forum near you!

That’s right Argent Dawn; hot of the heels of blowing the deadliest Loyalist superweapon ever conceived to smithereens, the Dust Devils were INSTANTLY called off to the Plaguelands; where the foul forces of the Swarm planned to smother the planet in their ravenous offspring by blasting them high into the atmosphere from their exceedingly explosive hives-!

Only the lucky find of a long abandoned Horde missile station helped the Dust Devils save the day; blasting those bugs out of the sky before they could unfurl all over the world!

Just as we settled down to celebrate; word came of another threat from the sky - an entire fleet of Joy Division death discs, floating out of a giant portal over Northrend armed and ready to burn a smile into the faces of every man woman and child!

Fortunately, we were able to fight our way through the war in the air to the very heart of the portal itself, and shut it down in the nick of time - literally slicing those death discs in half!

And as for the underground NUKULAR warheads; well that event has happened yet, but you know it’s coming!

That’s right readers, there’s never a dull day for the Dust Devils and friends - especially not a Tuesday, because that’s the first of our bi-weekly event nights!

Want to come by and give us a try?! The more the merrier; tomorrow’s villains will be very happy to have you for dinner…

Listen okay, our portal guy says we get the service we pay for - and since I don’t pay him, no wonder we land in the things we do!

Remember friends, neither your life nor contents insurance are valid for accidents or injuries recieved during Dust Devils adventures!

But thank you all for the very kind words; it means a lot to know I’m not the only one enjoying myself! =)

See you in the field gamers; peace-!

4 Likes

You called the PCU? :smirk:

Honestly though, I haven’t really interacted much with the Dust Devils, but I’ve played with Kaitylinn a few times and they do the most insane and funny priest rp I know.
If their guild is even half as cool as their leader, y’all should defo check them out!

4 Likes

Thank you Pacific Coast University; very cool!

Officer I swear I’ve never met this insane and funny priest lady; but whoever they are I can assure you they’re flattered! Honestly I just drop my keyboard and hope for the best - but I’m glad you liked the results! =] And heck, if anyone in the Harbour ever needs piecing back together again, I’m only one promise of free liquor away!

also after a week of fighting body snatching aristocratic ghosts, i’ve spun the “wheel of villains” for this week’s events and its landed squarely on the dust devil’s own dollar store darkmoon faire, the carnevil. come catch us in azshara on sunday where we’ll be kicking a rubber fish through a void gate, which will somehow save azeroth from an army of carnies!

5 Likes