[H-RP] Hand of the Titans is recruiting! Now also open to Alliance!

I still can’t believe we didn’t recruit that one. She was a perfect fit.

Here’s hoping Saurea Saurstrider doesn’t establish the Claw of the Titans or something. I don’t think Azeroth would survive having two bands like that running around…

3 Likes

We just had our 10th birthday!

To celebrate we had a lovely evening where we sat and heard the history of our guild, followed by a feast and some cake. Many a heartwarming comment was made :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cake:

4 Likes

10 years and 1 day, aaaaaaaaaand we’re down one Keeper again. Temporarily, let’s hope.

/hides from Ayasha

2 Likes

…10 years and 2 days: now an Avenger is dead.

The Hand’s second decade is shaping up to be very productive!

2 Likes

Keeper Sunrose is back to his normal solid state. However, we lost Reira Blazeborn, may she rest in the belly of the creature that ate her (except her arm; keeper Ironglow managed to save that one).
In other news, we’re back in Northrend, warming up for bigger adventures by taking care of crazy townspeople and stray krakens in the beautiful, pine tree-smelling, sungilded Grizzly Hills.

4 Likes

It should also be pointed out that we managed to cross one Big Bad off our naughty list.

Only, uh, what? Four left to go? At this point we might run out of BFA to dispose of them all…

1 Like

Latest achievement: we got our leader like 90% killed.

Almost got her this time. Better luck next time!

4 Likes

This looks mighty promising! I’d love to give this guild a try. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We are always happy to welcome new members! Hunt down Anroka to set up an interview and learn more about the content we have to offer. :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, friend. I look forward to meeting you and RPing with you all in the near future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Hand has been re-visiting a Vision of N’Zoth over and over to figure out how to prevent a future where some of us are corrupted beyond all repair, some Lightforged and more zealous than ever, and a few more or less the same (give or take an arm or so). Hope we succeeded.

4 Likes

It is done.

N’Zoth has fallen! He has been vanquished by the legendary Champions of Azeroth, who had breached the Old God’s own realm and defeated him with the power of friendship and bling. The Hand of the Titans had once more survived the end of the world. Well, most of us at least…

There we go! It’s official, guys: this weekend the Hand of the Titans has finally finished our 8.3 campaign! All I can say is phew ! That was pretty intense. First of all I would like to thank Caer, our wonderful guild master, for the absolutely INSANE amount of work he put into our guild campaigns, providing tons of immersive media and great opportunities for our characters to die. He truly is a gift that keeps on giving.

As for some things that happened during our most recent story... [Click!]

After a slightly ominous pre-campaign that had us stuck in a haunted and corrupted jungle, our 8.3 adventure began with the discovery of a very shady prophecy stone which foretold the coming of powerful minions of N’Zoth, who became the main Big Bads of of our campaign. We spent a lot of time chasing them (and sometimes being chased by them) all over Azeroth.

Take this obelisk we’ve stolen acquired, which tried to endear us to a hopeless vision of our future. Or the Void-consumed Iron Dwarves. Or the nasty crawlies bursting in and out of people. Or… Frankly, we got our fair share of tentacles, body horror, corrupted flesh-eating foliage and intense trauma. Some people lost their lives. Some people lost their parts. Some people lost their sanity. It was so fun.

Also, shockingly to everyone familiar with the sacred Hand tradition of crashing ships, during this last campaign we did not crash any ships. I mean, roughly a third of our airship was destroyed in a fight against one of those evil chompy sky noodless, but as the balloon survived and let the crew perform an emergency landing, I’m choosing not to count is as a proper Hand-style crash.

The grand finale of the campaign saw us desperately defending Quel’Thalas from an invasion of N’Zoth’s forces. We started in Ghostlands, where our group formed two assault forces to cover more ground. Where difference could we made, we made it. Where civilians could be saved, we saved them. Where near-death experiences could be had, believe me when I say that we did not miss the opportunity to get thoroughly wrecked. And it only got worse as N’Zoth’s minions progressed deeper into the heart of the Kingdom!

The moment the Black Empire crumbled, the Hand was engaged in combat with the last of the monstrosities from the Prophecy. Sensing the demise of his boss made our good ol’ friend a little distressed, which had directly contributed to his own death. Moral of the story: don’t get distracted when surrounded by angry people with pointy things and burny magicks.

And from entirely different news… Sometime during the night following N’Zoth’s defeat two new members of House Duskweaver were born. That makes little Revaran and his twin sister Amara the very first children of the Hand to be born into a world free from the grasp of the Old Gods. Something ends, something begins…

There was MUCH more, but this post is getting outrageously long…

All in all, the Hand has once more done a very solid job saving people, hunting things, and conducting our family business. Whenever we were not busy trying not to get eaten by the Big Bads, we’ve been running rampant across Azeroth tacking all sorts of different threats during standalone missions and shorter stories.

So, what does the future hold in store for the Hand following the fall of N’Zoth…?

Some well-earned rest, of course! That said, while right now it might be time for respite and celebration, the Hand’s work is never done. The Old God might be out of the picture, but some of his minions are surely lurking around. And when we get rid of them? Well, there is a certain Banshee that quite a few members of our group would like to see brought to justice…

So, you could say the Hand’s future is looking very bright right now—at least while our characters are riding the wave of victory, for a precious moment blissfully unaware of certain events that are about to unfold very soon…

9 Likes

Was welcomed with open arms yesterday into the Hand. As a very (very) old member who left a good four years ago, it’s fantastic to be back. (Did a four year stint on AD, and never will return there!)

Here’s to many new adventures!

7 Likes

What to do when you have (very optimistically) set up prepatch RP for this week but Blizzard didn’t deliver?

Simple! Do a pirate week instead! :pirate_flag:

We’re going undercovarr as sea dogs in order to free some slaves. I’m sure nothing will go wrong. :relieved:

5 Likes

Pirate week complete! Only took… was it four or five close-to-dead members…?

3 Likes

The Hand is currently off to win a tournament (no, it’s not a gladiator fight this time, so no more skin than usual is revealed), but leave a message and we’ll return to shortly!

3 Likes

We have officially entered the next phase of our guild storyline! The very troubling news of something fishy going on in Northrend had us frantically pushing towards Icecrown, which almost resulted in the demise of the response team. We were forced to retreat with some of our people left behind in the north. Oh well. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Bumpin! Having a blast in Shadowlands! :heart:

1 Like

Except the fact that our leader is gone.

Or maybe because of it…? :eyes:

3 Likes

I really look forward to tomorrow’s post. It’s gonna be a good one…

3 Likes