[H-RP Hub] šŸŗ Frostwolf village of Alterac

The hub is being worked on! Here is the Discord server!
https://discord.gg/acuweTF

Hello there, fellow Argent Dawn gamers!
I hope youā€™re doing well and having fun!

So, after some discussion and thoughts, me and some others had an ideaā€¦
Inside the Alterac Valley, there is a settlement for Frostwolf clanā€¦ But only can be accessed by the Battleground instanceā€¦
Also, personally i loved Frostfire ridge, and really miss itā€¦ Wish we could still go there ICā€¦ But well, no moreā€¦

So! I and a Friend came up with an ideaā€¦
Using Worā€™gol in Frostfire ridge, ICly being Frostwolf village in Alterac.

I have been told that it has phases, although the phases are temporary, after thunderlord attacks, the villageā€™s phase goes back to normal. :slight_smile:

This idea can be really cool, create some RP and a based hub, and fun! With a mage portal to dalaran crater, Alterac can easily be accessed, and Worā€™gol from Garrison!
Also i believe some Warlock friends can help with summoning those with lower levels, which to a degree solves the level problem. :smile:

All Horde members will be welcome there, maybe Forsaken would be less welcome, since the Questline in Hillsbrad, Cataclysm, which Drekā€™thar defies Forsakenā€¦ Although perhaps Forsaken -can- enter, just be frowned upon, etc.

With this idea, sometimes RP PvP can be arranged with Alliance, through Wargames or Alteracā€™s zone, etcā€¦ Which can be fun!

In Alterac Valley, Durotan is buried at the Rock of Durotanā€¦ We can consider a Shaman stone in Frostfire ridge as his memorial, and have pilgrimage there, which can be really fun, specially for AU Orcs.

Although, even those who gather here probably wouldnā€™t have a good opinion of Sylvanas, my orc included, but perhaps it wouldnā€™t be a Rebellion HQ YET! But maybe further as the story advances, it may become kind of itā€¦

(EDIT: This idea/hub probably will be more for Spiritual theme and stuff, than Rebellion propagandaā€¦ :wink:)

So, what do you think of this? Will gladly have your opinions and ideas about it!

40 Likes

More chances to RP an ogre?

Y E S !

2 Likes

ā€¦ogre roleplay you say?

3 Likes

YES! in ten characters

3 Likes

Solid idea, Iā€™d be more than happy to come along and get some rp going there

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to drop by! Iā€™ll be sure to bring sufficient explosives for everyone! :heart:

3 Likes

More chances to complain about Orc huts?! SIGN ME UP

1 Like

I will kill you.

1 Like

I will find you.

And i will hug you.

3 Likes

You might be able to use Alterac if you get a war game party of around 20 players and enter the BG. Weā€™ve used it the past to roleplay and explore and you can fully communicate. The only setback will be one side is flagged.

3 Likes

You cannot see emotes though as we discovered recently when doing our wargames. Youā€™ll need to astrix them through say or it comes up with makes some strange gestures.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good idea, but as mentioned there will be issues of everyone being able to use the FW village and with emotes etc.

The town will also allow folks to come and go as they please, and low level folks can be summoned in too.

A shame that there isnā€™t an outdoor version of AV tbh. Perhaps when blizz do a world update next xpac in order to bring everything upto date after the last 10+ yearsā€¦ :eyes:

8 Likes

Great initiative Kump & co, Iā€™d be thrilled to see this idea become a reality! :smiley: Iā€™d be showing my face regularly, whenever Dhak gets time off work.

Proper excited already.

Using the open world version (Frostfire Ridge) seems preferable over going into an instance, I think itā€™s wonderful to be able to come and go. I believe that hubs are more successful when they donā€™t require a party invite.

4 Likes

Whenever this orc has passed through the Northern parts of Eastern Kingdoms, Iā€™ve wanted to have him visit his old home but with the lack of any actual location to visit in-game, well Iā€™ll be more then happy to have him drop by whenever he passes through in his travels, show it to his boys and all that!

3 Likes

Kump and I would love to introduce the RP-hub with a community event we had in mind a few weeks ago!

If enough people are interested and would like a nice, cozy orc RP-hub, this will be amazing!!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted something like this to happen, but sadly I canā€™t do it myself.
So do count on me dropping by from time to time if I ever get the chance!
And Iā€™ll try to drag the others in the guild with me as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I totally would if phasing issues could be resolved.

From what I read, Levey, itā€™s only phased during the Thunderlord attack quest, after which it reverts back to the same phase as before that quest. So that shouldnā€™t be an issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Superb. I might just dust off an old character or finally get around to making that new one with such incentives.

2 Likes

Would love to visit for some orc culture, and perhaps scandalise the locals a little. I hope this happens.

4 Likes