[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Fall 2019

Kosh'harg Festival, Fall 2019

The mild seasons of the year are coming to a close, and with their temporary departure comes the ever lurking remorseless winter. The year that has passed has been a tough one for all members and races of the Horde, and yet more tough times may await them. But perhaps, after the long night of winter, the winds will change and the Horde and all its allies will be brought to calmer times.

For seven days and seven nights, Garadar will harbour the bi-annual tradition of Kosh’harg. A festival of peace and prosperity for all members of the Horde who seek to rest their arms from the fighting and pay homage to what they fight for: Home, family, and the spirits that guide them. No matter how dire the circumstances in the face of adversity and strife may seem, the Kosh’harg will never be forgotten as it has in the past. Thus, those of you who harbour love and respect for the unity of the Horde, join us in this celebration and raise your mugs to the times ahead!

Details

When 16 - 22 September
Where Garadar, Nagrand (Outlands)
Who Horde

The time has come once more to celebrate tradition and unity! Strife continues to nip at the throats of the Horde and the Alliance yet the Orcs, as is tradition, lay down their arms twice a year to rever the hallowed Ancestors that have guided them on their paths and seen them through all times, be they a breeze, or a difficult storm, with their guidance we prevail. However, as of recent times, not only the Orcs of the Horde are invited to celebrate this tradition, but rather all races of the Horde are. Be you a Troll, a Goblin, a Tauren, or any other member of the Horde, there is a place around the Kosh’harg bonfire for all.

Due to the nature of the event, it goes without saying that - as always - any who choose to attend this event are requested to be at their best behaviour. Being a festival of peace and concord, there will be no place for petty disputes, warmongering, political agendas, or whatever else that might disrupt the theme of the event. A lot of time has been put into organizing all of the events that are on offer and your fellow participants have all come here to have a good time, so for all of our sakes, please keep this in mind if you choose to pay a visit to this lighthearted occasion.

Schedule

Click on the events for more information! This information is subject to change; items may be added or removed.
Monday, 16th of September
20:00: Opening ceremony
The official opening of the second Kosh’harg of the year! Guests will be welcomed and a short ritual will bless the festival and its visitors.

Hosted by Kogra Windwatcher

21:00: Oshu'gun Pilgrimage
As is custom, a pilgrimage to the sacred grounds of Oshu'gun will be held on the first day, taking any who are willing to pay their respects to the ancestors. Bring an offering, and all the respect you can muster.

Hosted by Nosh’marak

Tuesday, 17th of September

20:00: The Great Outland Wolf Race
As simple as the name suggests, the contenders will be placed on wolfback to form a circuit around Outland in teams of three, competing to see who will be the fastest of them all.

Hosted by Okiba

21:00: Archery Contest
Open to beginners and experts alike, this contest focuses on showing off your prowess with a bow. (as the name suggests) Participate no matter your level of skill is, and perhaps you'll surprise yourself with a newfound love for archery!

Hosted by Kulgha and Kargnar

22:00: Brawl'gar
Whilst blood may not be spilled during Kosh'harg, there is nothing stopping you from engaging in some good old brawling and wrestling! The rules are quite simple: be better at wrestling than your opponent, and do not spill blood on the sacred grounds.

Okiba

23:00: Story Night
After a long and grueling year of fighting for survival, many great tales have been forged. Gather around the center bonfire of Garadar and share whatever stories you may have accumulated on your journeys, be they new or old.

Hosted by Nosh’marak

Wednesday, 18th of September

20:00: Miss Kosh'harg
Get your fashion game on! Use your creativity to design attire befitting of your clan and heritage, and get creative with emotes to give as much detail as possible to your transmog.

Hosted by Karhla

21:00: Iron Fortitude
The Horde is known for overcoming many challenges, be they physical or mental. But who is the best at said task? Compete in a wide variety of physical challenges of strength and endurance, and prove your worth and Iron Fortitude!

Hosted by Okiba

22:00: Om'riggor
A traditional rite of adulthood among the orcish people, the Om’riggor offers a chance for younglings who have not yet earned a name for themselves to take their first step upon the path to glory!

Hosted by Nar’thak and Zi’tani

23:00: To be announced!
What does our resident sneaky assassin have in store for the festival goers? Who knows!

Hosted by Karnna

Thursday, 19th of September

20:00: Challenge of the Wyvern
The legendary challenge of the wyvern returns once more to the Kosh'harg festival! A challenge of wit and cunning, the contestants will have to truly use their noggins to figure out some of the hurdles put before them. Will Wiggly Hugs once more prove their superiority, or will The Mana Buns come out on top? Participate to find out!

Hosted by Nosh’marak

22:00: Challenge of the Crane
A fairly new addition to the Kosh'harg, but one that is sure to get a laugh out of participants and onlookers alike! Contestants will participate in a test of balance and fortitude, hoping to smack eachother off tall poles in an elimination bracket. May the... Balance-iest contestant win!

Hosted by Rharok and Nar’thak

23:00: Drunken Backwards Race
The Kosh'harg offers more drinking, setting any who wish to prove their worth up to the challenge of running backwards whilst absolutely smashed.

Okiba

Friday, 20th of September

20:00: Grand Market
Though visitors are welcome to peddle their wares throughout the entire Kosh’harg week, this day will mark the opening of the Grand Market in which the finest of wares may be found! From simple trade goods to the most exquisite wares you will not find anywhere else at any other time, come and buy the finest items, or sell your own!

Hosted by Okiba

21:00: Lorewalking
Our very own Nar'thak Strongarm will give anyone willing a sip of the special Pandaren lorewalker brew, throwing them back in time and letting them relive events and battles past. What will we see this time, I wonder?

Hosted by Nar’thak

Saturday, 21st of September

21:00: Sing to Your Ancestors
One of the main values of Kosh'harg is honoring your ancestors. And what better way to do such than to participate in classic songs telling tales of great warriors and battles?

Hosted by Okiba

23:00: Last Drinker Standing
One of the biggest parts of Kosh'harg is, of course, drinking yourself senseless. Fight a battle of alcoholic might, and become the last alcoholic standing to win yourself a fine prize!

Okiba

Sunday, 22nd of September

20:00: Closing Ceremony
As the Kosh’harg Festival draws to a close, a final ceremony will be hosted to thank all visitors for joining in on the celebrations and to give any final offerings to the revered ancestors.

Hosted by Zasa and Zi’tani

21:00: Ogre Hunting
Similarly to days of old, the closing ceremony of the Kosh'harg officially marks the end of the lasting peace. Orcs would often go out to wage war on their foes once more, and these days are no different. The Ogres are as big of a threat to Nagrand as they always have been, and thus their herd must be thinned. And I heard there was a prize involved, too...

Free for the taking!

22:00: Duelist Tourney
Contenders of the tourney duke it out to find out who is the strongest in a PVP duel, in a gladiator-esque fashion!

Hosted by Okiba

Frequently Asked Questions

What about peacekeepers?
Due to social festivals and events doing so well in remaining peaceful, we see no reason to enforce the peace with clear figures of temporary authority as we see this as something that might simply encourage antagonism. It is a festival of peace after all, and there is nothing to be gained from disrupting that peace! Thus we recommend that everyone simply stays on their best behaviour and - above all - has a bunch of fun!
What about events?
The events will be posted in the original post as soon as the main events of the celebration have been set in stone. After this schedule has been set up, anyone is free to contact either me (Noshmarak) or the other Red Blade officers to arrange their own events. Or, if you are the more impulsive kind, spontaneous smaller events are welcome when there are no larger main events to participate in!
How does a festival of peace work during a war?
Glad you asked! It may seem quite ironic to have a festival that promotes peace and honour whilst blood flows freely on the battlefield, yet like many things, the Kosh'harg is worthy of being remembered. On top of having become a well-liked bi-annual social event almost to be considered tradition on Argent Dawn by now, it is also an intermission for the tired warriors of the Horde, one that may be sorely needed after the recent escalations in the lore.
My character is a merchant, and I want to sell stuff!
Wonderful! Not only are you very welcome to set up a "stall" at any point during the festival, but there will also be a dedicated market time (detailed in the schedule) for when as many people as possible will be able to pay your character a visit and browse their wares!

34 Likes

I’m Zi’tani Steelstorm, and I approve this message.

(No but really I’m super excited for this. :smiley: )

7 Likes

I’m quite excited for this aswell, and wholeheartedly hope I’ll be able to attend this, really… So much… :sob:

Glad to see Kosh’harg again, time passed so fast…
Nagrand and Garadar need much love…

3 Likes

Coming to elf up your Kosh’harg.

AND YOU CAN’T FRICKIN’ STOP ME.

4 Likes

Oh dear. The Elves are coming! The end is nigh!

4 Likes

Kran is Kranningly excited for the Kran’harg!

5 Likes

This looks great! :smiley: Very exciting ! Always love this !

3 Likes

Oh yes I was just thinking about this! I can’t wait to experiece my first and hopefully not my last Kosh’harg :smiley:

5 Likes

The oathbreaker is arriving to…not make any trouble and enjoy the event.

2 Likes

Not allowed. We must drink and make fun trouble.

Fun Trouble will be had.

3 Likes

Shhhhh! don’t let them know…

3 Likes

I’ll probably come on Igdragul again.

Was fun last time.

4 Likes

Looking forward to this!!

5 Likes

Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

How does a festival of peace work during a war?

Besides, it’s peace between the members of the horde, not the filthy alliance :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I wrote a story with the same theme which involves Garadar and Spiritual, Shamanistic Orcish stuff. If it’s not appropriate to share it here, please do tell me and I’ll remove the link.
https://www.argentarchives.org/node/229371
Hyped and looking forward to this event, which bears one of my favorite themes. :smile:

4 Likes

One of these times I’ll not be away travelling or too ill to attend this festive orc thing. Beware, I guess. I might even mag’har it.

2 Likes

It makes me so happy to know i’m finally going to make this!

:relaxed:

3 Likes

\o/ can’t wait to see you all!

3 Likes

The Kosh’harg hype is real fellers!

5 Likes