[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Fall 2019

Would ya look at that, thread exploded even more while I was away over the weekend. We’re closing in on Kosh’harg week, and I’m very excited!

3 Likes

Duhhhh nun. Duhhhhh nun.

Dundun dundun dundun dundun.

Duh nuh NUUUUHHHHH!

It’s nearly Kosh’harg week! Do come by to experience Orcish culture at its finest! And also to potentially get auctioned off for a date. That’s a thing too.

7 Likes

Planning for the grand market is under way…

Want to sell your personal trade wares? Perhaps set up a Guild stall? Get planning!

I believe Clan Red blade is planning on selling furs, hides, and tanned leather goods alongside hunting tools.

6 Likes

We are gonna party like its the opening of the dark portal. Only without fel soup. But we have plenty of other stuff. Come one, come all!

3 Likes

The great outland wolf race is also screaming to be won…

You’ll need a three man team, all on wolf back! You ride together and win together!

Should be a pretty interesting course through the zones too, I look forward to seeing how people navigate the various regions as they only have to pass through particular check-points in a set order. Who knows what creative routes people will come up with!?

2 Likes

Definitely not shamelessly bumping the thread. Come one, come all! Kosh’harg is just around the corner and the more people the merrier!

6 Likes

Kosh’harg is the best time of year. Looking forward to the weeklong festivities this time around

6 Likes

“The Five Deadly Venoms” will arrive at Kosh’harg to trade stuff. Do not worry, members of Alliance races won’t be present there.

2 Likes

Yay Kosh’harg! Well Telia will be along again this year! Lots of mischief to be had!

1 Like

The date auction and the “Miss Kosh’harg” additions seem a little disjointed to the canon celebration. I’m not entirely sure I follow the creative process in introducing those elements.

We’re familiar with the slightly confused response about these two events. It’s a case of members of ours wanting to put in something that’s a little more casual and not entirely Orcish to appeal to the ones who don’t just want to go out and hunt or to perform other tasks of the sort. The date auction was a test last year to see how well these kinds of events would be included, and it ended up being a massive success. :slight_smile:

Thus, we’ve included the Miss Kosh’harg too as a form of transmog contest - Think Trial of Style, but for females of any Horde race to participate in where they’re judged as to how well their costume fits with their race and character. Hope that answers any concerns, and hope to see you there!

7 Likes

It clarified the reasoning, certainly, thank you.

1 Like

Great to hear! Hopefully I’ll see you there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ten days to go. Get that blood boiling!

Disclaimer: Boiling the blood of other people without written consent is strictly forbidden.

4 Likes

Will a mark of “X” suffice?

:eyes: in ten characters

3 Likes

Mok’ra!

The Organisers of the Kosh’harg Festival would like to advise folk to please arrive well in advance for those attending to avoid queues from the Dark Portal all the way through to Zangarmarsh. Your cooperation is appreciated in this matter.

Regards,
The Kosh’harg Team.

(Kagryn is not affiliated with the Kosh’harg team in any shape or form)

3 Likes

Very late reply, but I thought I’d add something to the discussion / ask a question:

What’s the point in adding all the weird events to a spiritual festival such as the Kosh’harg? Most notably, the Miss Kosh’harg and date auction events feel like they belong nowhere near a festival such as this.

Isn’t it supposed to be a time to honour the ancestors / the elements and test your strength? I think a lot of people would like it if it didn’t stray too far away from the original concept.

6 Likes

Even though the nature of many Kosh’hargs turned from spiritual towards simple, festive meet-and-greets even in lore, I too raised a brow at the Miss Kosh’arg, Date Auction, and the Draenei children’s game being included among the activities. While it’s wonderful the organisers aim to give people lots to do and see on all event days, it no longer feels as tied to celebrating orcish traditions with the Horde as in the past years.

Though there’d be no actual need for the Kosh’harg to be held with its original purpose since the old clans have long since united in the Horde, I always liked seeing it as a roleplay event with a strong tribal flair to it. I think including such activities might alienate some characters from the event (such as my own, if she attended). Regardless, I wish you good luck with it all! From the looks of it you’re putting a lot of effort into it once more! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Fair points both, However Noshmarak has already answered this above with:

Hopefully that answers your questions, though if you feel this is still a notch off-key you are of course welcome to avoid those particular events. Or if you want, contact the guilds officer team and add events of your own creation to add a flavor that perhaps you deem more suitable to yourself.

5 Likes