[H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2019

Haha, can see me (as igdragul) just standing to the side in the first one and can see her nether pup in the last.

2 Likes

Was fun selling drinks at the market! Always have had a softspot for markets.

1 Like

It’s impossible that you’d not be seen :DDDD

Well, not all are noble ladies with spikes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was tomorrow’s Brawl’gar cancelled?

I unfortunately missed tonight’s events because I feel extremely ill and had to take myself away from the computer.

Hopefully I will be well enough to make it to the next day’s fun events.

3 Likes

Part 1/2: Click here. [H-RP] Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2019 - #156 by Hollins-argent-dawn

Part 2/2:

Dhak’s unsent letter gets longer and longer. When publicly scribbling in the notebook now and then, he has usually written only a few lines or paragraphs at a time. As a result, his recount of his Kosh’harg impressions covers a broad range of topics across the entire week and a half.

Drawings and sketches break up the scrawled Common on the pages, along with plentiful circular and spiral doodles. He has sketched a few faces, and replicated some runes and clan symbols.

Today may well become one of the most important days of my life. It may also be my last. Today I’m going on my Om’riggor.

Dhak resumed writing the letter several days after noting that introduction. He enthusiastically tells the recipient about the pride and unity he's experiencing at Kosh'harg.

Om’riggor was two days ago. It’s a traditional solo hunt with special rules.

I passed and earned my warname that the Chieftain chose for me. It’s not called warname but it works like one, and you can only get your name by succeeding in the Om’riggor. It makes me super happy and proud when people call me it.

My name is Dhak Skullsunder.

I’ll tell you the story in person because I really enjoy telling it. I’ve told it like five times now and I’ve asked other people the story of how they’ve earned theirs, it’s good, Kosh’harg is awesome.

We’re now past halfway through the festival, I think. There have been organised things of all kinds: today a market and a dancing, also they did a race that involved drinking, and yesterday people got drunk too which was funny to watch. Every day we do different challenges and games. For the shaman there are spiritual things, some of which I was invited into as well.

It’s fun and also inspiring to see the people of the Horde coming together like this.

I’m seeing a different side of them. I never knew that the rotters can be so light-hearted and silly and lively in a way. That some sin’dorei indeed speak every bit as posh as we make fun of, and that there is at least one goblin in the world who didn’t haggle and who actually gave a tip.

The dancing today was really special and while I’d never done it like that before, it felt as natural as breathing. I stopped being me with my thoughts, and became one with the people around me. There was this bard who played the drums together with my forsaken friend, with all sorts of other instruments, and they sang these chants.

It was like magic.

We all danced so free and primal and at the end everyone was out of breath and sweaty. I really want to do that again. It’s that kind of connectedness that you also get when working well as a team in a quick and bloody battle. The kind of losing-yourself that you also get when you fall asleep. I became part of us.

But with dances, and battles, on our side the people look at you funny if you enjoy it too much. They think you’re weird or there’s something wrong with you if you let yourself go like that.

But it’s not a bad thing, not always at least. I’ll always remember this dancing as great and fun.

As he gets more personal, Dhak earnestly shares his thoughts about the great secret he's keeping from his new friends.

What surprises me the most about being in the Horde is that nothing makes me uncomfortable anymore.

I know the things that make me uncomfortable. Eating while people watch me. People clapping their hands. Promotion ceremonies. Having no clothes on. And ten or so other things. But I’ve done things like that this week – and for the first time in my life, it didn’t make me want to run away and wait for it to be over. I actually wanted to join in. For ages I’ve been saying that I’m not afraid of anything but now, here, it’s true.

There’s a big difference between fine, and pretending you’re fine.

The most uncomfortable moment I’ve had all week, is that someone asked if I wanted to take someone else on a date!

That’s nothing!

I’m actually a normal person!

You wouldn’t like it here with all the strangers and the way people are a bit bluntly honest about things, but I love it. Although I dislike the phrase, it reminds me of when someone says ‘I can die happy now’. The orcs, they don’t think anything is weird about me or how I think. I’m far more at ease and at home in the orc world than back on our side.

The Horde could easily become my new home.

Maybe it’s because I’ve only been Alliance for one year, or maybe I’m just okay with it because in the Rovers we sold guns to both sides, but I honestly wouldn’t care if the Alliance becomes my enemy. I might see some familiar faces! Maybe I’ll be fighting against the Seventh instead of with them.

But if I become an orc permanently, I think that would mean I can’t go back to you and the others. They’d make me a deserter, so it’d be unsafe for you to see me. And Sprinter may not even want anything to do with me anymore. So I’m thinking on it long and hard. I won’t just make that decision without talking to you in person anyway.

This section of the letter has been written in more sloppy handwriting - Dhak penned his private concerns about his allegiance by the limited light of a small fire away from the hubbub of Garadar.

One of the Elders says that a clan is doomed to fall apart without a chieftain. Well our ‘chieftain’ got killed and none of us has taken up the mantle so maybe that’s why we’ve been arguing so much. Maybe that’s why we can’t agree on anything anymore.

We are all very different from each other and I think maybe the captain was what held our ‘clan’ together.

I may be having the time of my life here, but I do miss you guys. Let’s stay together and stay friends. Even without Nith I don’t want us to fall apart.

The Elder asked why I don’t take up the mantle of new chieftain myself, and while I couldn’t explain about the penal thing and the way the captain was our superior, I did honestly tell the Elder that I think you guys don’t trust me enough to lead you.

We’re really very different from each other.

In the orcish views and my views, Nith made the honourable choice to leave and avoid endangering all of us. Seriously, it would have put the whole unit in danger from our own HQ. I don’t buy that whole ‘I know a lawyer’ thing. The law is the law, and a provost is a provost.

But in the Seventh’s views and yours, her leaving was cowardly and you see it as her giving up. You think that it’d be better to let the whole cohort be branded outlaws, than to let HQ take Nith away.

Well it was Nith’s choice in the end and I think she did the right thing. But it’s weird that I lean toward the orcish way, while I didn’t grow up with it. I wasn’t taught about the orcs until I was already an adult.

Why is the human way not my way?

It’d make sense if I were a halfblood somehow or if I’d been raised by orcs or something, but that isn’t it. I’ve been mostly around humans for most of my life, and for all of when I was young. Logically, I should think like a human and not like an orc.

But clearly it’s not a logic thing.

A few pages have been dedicated to gushing about his new friend, with realistic sketches in the margins.

Anyway, I have made friends with a little wolf who was found by an orc called Steelheart when she was travelling in a forest. The pup is like ten weeks old so she needs daily care, and Steelheart has a lot of stuff on her plate already, so she let me look after the puppy for a few days while she looked for someone to give the puppy to.

I think I’m the someone.

When I saw Steelheart again it wasn’t like ‘Can I keep her?’ , more like ‘Please let me and my new friend stay together’. This young wolf is my special friend and we belong together now, but she’s not a pet. I think I’ve done the bonding thing.

She’s great. I hope she’ll like you and I think she will.

Even serious and grumpy people crack a smile when she comes up to meet them and play.

She’s white and grey, her fur feels really soft, and she likes to play and snuggle and destroy the reeds and get all muddy. She also likes to run away and not come when I call. I can’t be mad at her though. She’s super cute. A goblin suggested I put a leash on her so she don’t get lost or hurt, but I don’t think it’s needed, or appropriate. The Frostwolf clan is full of orcs and wolves who are friends with each other, not owners and pets.

I’ve been writing this letter for like three days now and I’ve stopped and restarted at least six times. Dolly’s asking me something.

I’ve gone to be alone now. It’s Sunday evening which means I’ve been here six days. The dancing last night was still one of the highlights and so was the Om’riggor that I did on the third day. Today I went to the Throne of the Elements.

Dhak has written up a detailed recount of his experiences at the Throne.

It’s a large open basin with grass and shallow water, and large smooth grey stones standing like pillars, a bit like in Arathor. There’s a thrum in the air and it makes you feel very small and unimportant.

First there was a shaman meeting where they talked about Earthen Ring stuff. About what’s going on in the world and what they can do to help. I didn’t know about some of the things they talked about, so I didn’t say anything, but I listened.

Then when everyone but my mentor and I went away, I talked with the spirits of Draenor, who are called furies.

I tried to commune with all the four furies. It was good but I wouldn’t call it fun. Very intense and tricky. More than impressive.

First I went to the Fury of Air and he went all around me like when it’s storming. He talked and laughed a lot, he was friendly, and it didn’t hurt but it was loud and I felt battered at the end. He knew who I was right away.

I told the Fury of Air that I didn’t come to him as an orc but as someone who wants to become a shaman, and I asked if I could learn from him and maybe help. He showed me the clouds he had made and laughed at me for thinking there was anything he could need me for. But he did give wisdom: I shouldn’t waste time thinking about the past (he knew) and about who I’m going to become some day. What matters is what you do today. Now.

My mentor explained that on Draenor the furies are in better teamwork with each other and that they wouldn’t be jealous if I talked to the other ones too. I saw the Fury of Fire and I wanted to talk to him so I marched right up there and hailed him and asked to learn.

He didn’t like that.

He was like “Who is this weak mortal to stand in the wake of the flames!” and when I shouted my name, he grabbed my whole body in his hand. He called me a worm and made me say a reason why he shouldn’t turn me into ash for coming up to him like that.

I said praise words and that this worm wants to know what makes the Fury so great and powerful and unafraid! I think he liked that because he let me go. I didn’t have any blisters even though it was hot enough. He said I have spirit and a warrior’s heart, and he gave me a task. On Azeroth he wants me to spread the flames and warm my people. You need to say a name when you give an offering to an element, and I don’t know how it works from other planets but I asked his name anyway. Shouted it back when he told me. We cheered together and it was good, I felt like I was getting the hang of this communing thing.

My mentor also said I was doing okay. Then I waited for the Fury of Earth to come. He was pacing around really slowly but I thought that showing patience would be good.

When he came to me I said “Fury of Earth” and he stopped and stared at me, his whole body was made of stone, his eyes looked like gems. He said nothing so I said again, Fury of Earth, will you share your wisdom with me?

He kept staring down at me and finally he said “No.” and he slowly moved his leg to stomp me flat, like a bug!

I did it wrong!

I ran away and said ‘understood’, and he smashed a big crater in the ground where I stood earlier. Then he went back to his pacing around.

My mentor explained that maybe I tried a bit too hard to be patient. It’s the same as trying to act unafraid when you’re scared. The elemental spirits, they know things, and they see through that. I also didn’t even introduce myself to the Fury of Earth and I also didn’t give him any reason to teach me anything. No wonder he didn’t want to talk to me.

I thought it was over but then my mentor asked if I wanted to meet the Fury of Water. I’ve always liked the water on Azeroth, but this Fury was something else.

The voice was more like a woman, like the ocean waves. Like a mother. I said good evening and she asked, ‘Yes, my child?’ and saw that I was hurt, and offered to give me comfort. I got tears in my eyes for no good reason. When she made herself smaller and hugged me, it was nice, like bathing, but nicer. I wasn’t even sad before I came to the Fury, but she made me feel better.

She explained some things about healing other people and healing yourself. If you aren’t in good health yourself then you can’t help out properly, she called it tainted, like with oil in a lake. At the end she gave me blessings and good luck. She reminded me of Jaina.

My mentor then asked if I’d learned anything and if my questions had been answered and I said yes. I wrote all of this down with all the details so I won’t forget. I don’t think I could forget if I wanted to.

I’m becoming a shaman.

10 Likes

An edit to my previous mention in this post: The Brawl’gar has been picked up by another member, so the old schedule is still up and running!

Our Kosh’harg Champions table is slowly getting filled in! For the Foot Race, we have Vulture and Caverat coming in third and second place, and Droof being crowned the grand winner!

For the fabulous Cook-off, we have Prudence and Tzee’kari coming in third and second, and our master chef title going to Alassatior, with his creative representation of Nagrand’s landscape sculpted with food! Even though it was an experiment, I sure had a blast!

7 Likes

And with that Kosh’harg is officially over again :frowning: Will have to wait until september again for all the goodness.

3 Likes

Unfortunately illness kept me away from most of the festival but I hope to make a small piece of your great initiative in the Oracle. The events I witnessed tonight were utterly lovely!

5 Likes

I have posted it here once before, but seeing as the Tournament of honor is tomorrow, I will post it again…Hope to see a lot of lovely people take part!

Right some infomation for the tournament of honor that is the 25.

Rules of the Tournament of Honor:

Arena rules. If you can’t use it in the Arena (flasks, engineering items, Army of the Dead, Lay on Hands,bloodlust/timewarp etc), you can’t use it here. (I know bloodlust can be used in arenas with the right talent. but we keep it out here even so)
Stay within the designated dueling field.
Stealth only allowed up to 30 seconds.
No healing OR tank spec.
One bandage per player.
No health potions or any other items that heal the participant (Exception: One bandage a player.)
Toys are not to be used during the duels.
No outsider buffs.
Talents aren’t to be changed during the tournament. Your selected Talent set will be locked in during the signup of your character. You will be asked if you are certain of your talent set before it is officially locked in. ( To ensure that the sign-up process goes as fast as possible, please make sure you are happy with the talent set that you have before you commence sign-up.)
Banned specializations:

Resto Druid
Mistweaver Monk
Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Holy Priest
Resto Shaman.
Tanks:

Protection Warrior
Guardian Druid
Protection Paladin
Blood Death Knight
Brewmaster Monk
vengeance Demon hunter
The reason we have banned tank specs and healing specs is…we have in the past had fights last nearly an hour, when either two healers or two tanks met eachother, and it was almost always a tank or a healer in the final

1 Like

Thanks for organising the festivities. Though I was often too tired in the evening to join the contests it was fun to just hang around, watch people and catch up with some old faces.

Chatty if you need any screenshots from the previous days I can send you some!

4 Likes

That would be lovely, thank you!

2 Likes

It was great fun, shame it had to end. I do enjoy these festivals.

But all good things come to and end and now The Hand of Agony are off to fight the Alliance in Silverpine Forest!

3 Likes

I have a bunch of screenies too Chatty, not with very high graphic settings I’m afraid, but it’s something!

I think I took 30 or so.

I’ll get in touch.

2 Likes

If you use a knockback to knock the other guy out of the dueling area, do you win?

Kosh’harg ended, but Garadar is still there

Would be nice if people often visit it for some rp, at least being a small hub… as my character lived there for a while, and whenever he could, visits there… It can be fun for AU Orcs who miss Draenor, atleast seeing a shade of it’s former beauty

More than anyone, Lady Sena @Marlight is welcome, we always need spikes!

5 Likes

It was a great and fun festival and me and my guildies had lots of fun for the most part. I look forward to the next Kosh’arg.

6 Likes

Kosh’harg was immense fun and a treat as always. A big thank you to all the organisers and participants. The community really shows it’s quality during Kosh’harg.

And you better believe I’m racing home to sign up for the tournament! Number one jobber here!

6 Likes

Thanks to all those that took part in the last event tonight. The Tournament of honor is now over!. With Razaron Madeye coming in first, Vladimir Brightburn second and Vixxee Fangslice third! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and look forward to see you all next time!

13 Likes

:muscle:

dances away

6 Likes