[H-Rp] Magic Tournament, Second Round

Posters and pamphlets goes out to all Horde Cities and larger outposts.

"Greetings Spell Casters of the Horde, we the Coven, are going to host another Tournament for Spell casters the 23’th of November in the evening. Long have tournaments and spars been for the physical warriors, but now we shall test the strength of all casters who wishes to participate.

We will be using our own home base for the Tournament, in Venomspite Northrend. So the weather and cold will test your mental fortitude as well. Bring warm clothes, we will however also provide extra blankets for the living that comes. Drinks and light snacks will be present, as well as mana potions and health potions, especially the first mentioned to keep everyone in their best spell casting condition. A barrier will be in place so spells does not go flying.

We can easily provide healing for the undead, but ask that healers for the living will show up as well. First aid and surgery can only go so far.

Now for the Rules.
The tournament will be held in a normal bracket form, and the opponents will be drawn with lots, so no one can prepare for an opponent before the day of the tournament. A match will be held to decide third place from the losing matches of second and first place casters.

Certain magics and spells will be resctricted:
Fel, Death, Decay, Mind magic, Curses.
Restricted does not mean forbidden, however these types of magic and spells can easily lead to permanent trauma and damage, which will be completely out of question, that counts for all magics, NO PERMANENT DAMAGE. If you state you use any of these types of magics or spells, you will get more information on the day.

No physical attacks are allowed, though pushing each other around with magic is allowed, and accidently falling into each other will be allowed, but strictly kept an eye on.

We will be going with three hits, and that’s three different spells. So spells such as Arcane missile, will count as one hit, if the spell hits. If the spells are dodged, or otherwise warded against with magic, it does not count as a hit.

To keep it fair, the Coven will provide one judge, and invite two others, not from the Coven.

To enter all you have to do is show up on the day, registrer at the table that will be set up. State your name, and what type or types of magic you will use. If you use magic you have not stated, you will be disqualified.

There will of course be prizes to be won.

We hope we see your magical skills in Northrend."

OOC:

Hi! It is us again, we quite enjoyed hosting the tournament last time, so we will hold another!

The Tournament registration will start 19:45 - 20:15
and the Tournament itself will start 20:20
All in game time.

Here comes some extra OOC rules:

We will be going with the classic attack - defense rolling duel with 3 hp. You will be rolling with a D20. If you have any questions to this, do ask.
A coin will be tossed to see who get’s to cast the first spell.
A special thing to keep notice of, is critical fail 1, and critical success 20.
rolling a 1:
if you roll 1 for your attack or defense, it means your spell fizzles out, or your trip, the point is, your magic doesn’t even appear, embarrassing!
rolling a 20:
if you roll a 20 for your attack, it means you get to attack again next round!
if you roll 20 on defend, it means you get two attack rounds afterwards.
We know it might sound a little overpowered, but we also know it will give space for some extraordinary magic skill showing, and luck is part of life, so good for you if you roll 20!

If the same number is rolled by both, a reroll will happen, even if it’s 1 and 20.

We hope to see you, and hope you will enjoy the tournament!

3 Likes

Yesssssssss. I need this.

2 Likes

Ayasha looks at the fliers for a moment and scowls lightly, this was just what she needed to deal with, idiots throwing magic at each other.

She pauses as she remembers Kimble and the other mages of the Hand, and groans slightly.

“Damn it all,” she grunts as she turns away from the flier–she had travel arrangements to make it seemed, couldn’t have her idiots die from their own stupidity after all.

2 Likes

Oh hey, I remember this. Should probably participate this time.

1 Like

Might pop by with my Shadowmancer, who knows? :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve only sent out one invite for a judge, for the other invite I was thinking off, the person is unavailable, so if anyone wants to vulenteer, do say so.

1 Like

ehh… sim could judge if you want… ill show up for the event either way (and added the event on the calender)

2 Likes

That would be most lovely. But that would means two Hand of the Titans judges if the other accepts, but so be it! The judges are there to only ensure no foul play is made during the duels!

1 Like

Ah… A bit over a week left, and then I will finally have my opportunity to lose to Kimble!

Can’t wait… :rabbit2:

3 Likes

This would be interesting…
A non-physical duel environment…

I’ll try to make it, as long as nothing urgeimportant comes up.

2 Likes

If you dare to hurt Kimble or lose him in the tournament, you will be sent to the Coven’s graveyard, for permanent stay :smiley: No one hurts the bunny! <3

1 Like

Lose him?

I have not spent too much (or even enough) time with the Hand, but I do not think I could ever forget nor misplace Kimble. :skull: :grinning: (Undead smiley)

1 Like

3 days to go!

Gather your mana potions and your focus crystals.
The sparks shall fly in the cold air of Northrend!

1 Like

Time to do some magic tonight. :sparkles:

3 Likes

That’s right, bring your most specatular magics!

2 Likes

End Results for the Magic Tournament!!!
Congratulations to:
First place: Samaiel!
Second place: Linaria Duskweaver
Third place: Kimble

Hope to see you next year!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the event! It’s always exciting to see content aimed at magic users. Evelyn was a wonderful host–her running commentary was a delight! Meanwhile iC Linaria blames it for her loss–it’s difficult to expect a dignified and refined magistrix not to run out of steam when suddenly a dozen people is staring at her whiskers… (That said, my snotty elf getting polymorphed into a cat was absolutely the highlight of the evening for me.)

PS. My sincere apologies to Gravkra; in an actual battle not based purely on luck (like rolls), there is absolutely no way my nerdy bookworm would’ve laid a single hit on a warlock of his caliber, much less defeated him…

4 Likes

A sinister-looking character steps out of the portal chamber in Orgrimmar, and walks towards the Valley of Honor.

The posture, gait, silhouette, and surprisingly subtle metallic noise says this is a male undead wearing plate armor.

As the figure momentarily steps out of the shadows, skull ornaments can be seen on most pieces of its plate armor.

Passing some late night reveler, the shady undead learns the result of the Magic Tournament, and briefly does a little victory dance. He barely stops himself from letting out an non-(un-)death-knightly cheer. Then he walks on into the darkness…

4 Likes

That was certainly not how I imagined the night to turn out. My sincere thanks to the hosts, to the participants, and to the audience. I have nothing to say to the guards. My prize book is fantastic, although it will require further education in the Thalassian language; it keeps changing “Khadgar’s whisker” to “bloodthistle”, “firebloom” to “firewater” and “icecap” to “bottle cap” and I can’t understand why.
Oh, and if the lady I met in the final would like to keep her cat ears and matching tail, then all is fine, otherwise I will certainly do my best to remove them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.