[H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade – Now Old Enough to Drive and Vote!

It's nice and relaxing in Garadar, if you don't think too hard about how we're able to breathe on a rock that's floating through space.
Wait... new mask...

Koz has to update the website banner image to reflect this!

We can't live in an age where forum art is out of date! All of society and civilization would collapse!

QUICKLY! everyone riot!
We need many more new banners since our return, for that matter. But alas, model viewer is in need of an update!

In other news, we had an entirely chance* meeting with the Eclipsion Blade in Terokkar today! As it turns out, we've got a little threat on our hands that concerns both parties, so a fine reason to join forces to ensure that the void doesn't swallow up Outlands whole!

* It was most certainly not set up for campaign reasons, I assure you.
The following letter is addressed to Noshmarak Ironclaw by name for purpose of the address, but inside it is obvious it is intended for the whole clan...

...written on clean, crisp parchment and sealed with wax within a thick envelope the letter states...

To my clan,

It will please you all to know that I now more or less have full use of my arm once more! though it still aches here and there, and the scars from its treatment will stay with me, I'm very much on my feet and even resuming my training through steady exercise.

Hopefully this letter finds you before, not after, kosh'harg. If so, may you all have a well deserved rest, and find oneness with the spirits and ancestors during this sacred time. I am deeply envious, and it has been near ten years since I last set eyes upon the mountain of spirits. If this letter does not find you before, well, I'm sure you all had an excellent time between bouts of bashing Ogres!

So far my studies and rehabilitation have been one and the same. A mix of light exercise to rebuild strength in my arm and shoulder, coupled with reading and meditation regarding mistweaving and the use of Chi to heal. Oddly enough, I was impressed by the general, non-magical healing methods of the Pandaren that I've asked to sit in on their medical lessons here at the temple of the jade serpent. I'm learning a lot, and may even ask if I can take part in assisting procedures. I've already gotten hold of many of their surgical and treatment tools, perhaps this will come in hand for the clan in future? You do all have a habit of nearly losing limbs after all.

In the coming weeks I will venture out to tian monastery, and other shrines to further my education in Mistweaving, and the healing arts. Though I think next time I return here a visit to the temple of the white tiger may be in order to pursue that elusive black sash I wish for (it proves not so much mastery, as true competency in the martial arts).

Anyway, I babble on in my writings. Jihaan is watching over my shoulder impatiently for me to resume our board game. Hopefully I will, as planned, see you all once more in the 5th month of this year.

Spirits protect, ancestors guide. Strength and wisdom...

--Okiba Halftusk

Tomorrow we will hold one of the most fun Orchish traditions(in my opinion), the Om'riggor, can't wait to see who will be wanting a name, what they will hunt and what they will be called.
Really enjoying the campaign together with you lot!
You are a great example of orcish roleplay and we already look forward to how further interaction during our mixed guild campaign will be like.

Keep it up! Lok'tar Ogar!
27/02/2018 00:27Posted by Vorathel
Really enjoying the campaign together with you lot!
You are a great example of orcish roleplay and we already look forward to how further interaction during our mixed guild campaign will be like.

Keep it up! Lok'tar Ogar!

And from what I've seen, you're a swell bunch of elves too! Hopefully I get to RP with you soon!
Indeed, we're having a grand, old time with the Eclipsion Blade so far! Right now, we've migrated to Shadowmoon Valley to further look into these mysterious void energies. After that though, we'll make sure to be back in Nagrand just in time for the Kosh'harg!
Any chance of some epic plot/event/Kosh'harg screenshots for castaways (or just away) types like me to drool over with envy?

We do so like to look at Orcs doing Orcy stuff.
<--Officially a mated Orc. Sorry ladies, my thick grey beard and abs for days have been claimed. Could I interest you in a sarcastic Bard named Karak?
05/03/2018 11:53Posted by Gashuk
<--Officially a mated Orc. Sorry ladies, my thick grey beard and abs for days have been claimed. Could I interest you in a sarcastic Bard named Karak?

And here's me thinking you and Karak are meant to be.

Alas, none loveth thy Orc bard...
https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/march/uprightOrc.jpg

Straight spines! It's FINALLY HAPPENING!

/Orc_Dance
A new article has been posted on our website! For ease of reading and better formatting, I encourage you to read it on our home page, orcsoftheredblade.com, instead. Alternatively though, here's the bare text!

The Road to Battle for Azeroth

The end of another expansion is upon us, with the beginning of a whole new one to come! Looking back, Legion has been a bit of a strange expansion for us. It started with a multitude of phasing issues on the Broken Isles, which in part resulted in the guild's ultimate hiatus. It ended, however, with the guild's return in a bigger and better way than it's ever seen before!

Though the concept may have been upgraded, the guild's members and its atmosphere remains just the same as ever before: open-minded and welcome to all newcomers! This is a trend we hope to continue leading up to the very end of the Legion expansion, as well as the entirety of Battle for Azeroth to come. Our recruitment will remain open, but at the same time, we will make renewed efforts to bring back the immersive, grandiose campaigns that we started this reboot off with. The centerpiece of these campaigns will be one particular word:

Chapters!
You thought the Return of the Red Blade campaign was just the only one? As a matter of fact, it was only the first chapter to plenty more to come! Moving forward, we have a larger, overarching narrative in mind for the guild. Our aim will be to have a long-term vision for where we want to take the guild and its primary story line. To do this, we intend to tell this story over the course of many different chapters, each of which touching upon a piece of orcish culture or the background of the old Red Blade clan.

With these chapters, we hope to place quality above quantity. Rather than to run one campaign after another and wearing our members out, we will allow random RP and social interaction with both our own members and outsiders to flourish as well. In between these campaign breaks, we hope to promote orc RP with the rest of the world of Azeroth in the more usual RP hubs and perhaps even see if we can share a bit more with the community in terms of community events. Meanwhile, each of these chapters should, much like the Return of the Red Blade campaign, be a perfect opportunity for newcomers to join the guild whilst playing an integral part in the campaign's story line. Which brings us to the next point of this update...

Recruitment!
With the arrival of Mag'har orcs and upright postures for orcs, it's a safe bet to assume more players will take an interest in trying out orcs. While most of these may only try out the race for a brief stint before they return to their old mains, there's a fair chance some might be tempted to stay. In addition to the aforementioned community events, another (familiar) incentive we will have to promote ourselves will be another brand, new guild trailer! You can count on plenty more epicness and cameos once we start shooting the newly released content and glorious straight backs. So if you're a member, make sure to stay tuned for any announcements on that in the near future! After all, we like doing things back for our long-term, active members, which is why we also have...

New banners!
As per Red Blade tradition, we like to reward some of our most active orcs with places on our website banners. Since the guild's return, we were yet to make any new ones featuring orcs that have (re)joined us since our revival, but that has been presently corrected! If you don't want to keep on refreshing the pages until you've seen all of them, you can check out all of our new (and old) banners in this thread.

Feeling down because your orc didn't get featured in the banner just yet? Not to worry! We hope to give the banners a regular update as people become more or less active, and we'll perhaps even throw in one or two extra banners if the need arises! Alternatively, if not for the banners or recruitment trailer, you might still end up being featured in the Member Spotlight instead, which will soon make a return as well!

All in all, we have big plans for you all come 2018 and Battle for Azeroth! We hope to see you all share the journey with us!

For the Blood of Redblade!
Brilliant news! I can't wait to see the great story arcs this will bring! =D
Let's see if we get blown up, burned, maimed, or disintegrated tonight in Netherstorm.
09/03/2018 12:44Posted by Aeranthiel
Let's see if we get blown up, burned, maimed, or disintegrated tonight in Netherstorm.

Are you implying there is a chance that won't happen? Just look at what happened last event!
The Netherstorm doesn't have any ship's for them to crash so you'll be fi--

...wait, it doe--

Flee while you can!! D:
And now that the campaign is over we can't wait for teaming up with the Orcs of the Red Blade to kick some !@# again!

*conveniently "forgot" to pay the lost bet to someone as well*

Good job man i hope to be caught by an orc lady before summer.
10/03/2018 11:34Posted by Ghazpeshi

Good job man i hope to be caught by an orc lady before summer.

There's nothing lady like about female Orcs...

0 _o"