[H-RP]: The Hallowed Host

IC:

The tides shifted and a wave crashed upon the stone tidebreakers of Bilgewater harbour. As the sea again receded Jorrick Darkblade saw his chance. Wrapped in a red cloak he marched onto one of the piers heading towards a vessel he was but too familiar with. An old refurbished Battleship called ‘the Tempest’ awaited him at the end of the pier. Approaching the gangplank he stopped and called to one of the sailors busy scrubbing the deck. ‘’I wish to speak to Blackstorm!’’ He cried, causing the sailor to look up in suprise. The sailor peeked over the edge of the ship warily. ‘’We weren’t told to expect company.’’ He thought to himself before raising his blunderbuss to his shoulder. Before he loose a shot at the stranger however a black beaked parrot snapped at his ear causing him to drop the weapon almost instantaneously and scan the deck wildeyed. He knew that where ‘’Beaky’’ went the Captain wouldn’t be too far behind. To his suprise he didn’t have to look very far as the Captain stepped out of the nearby shadows and looked down to pier below.

While normally talkative and rather fond of expletives, Yorold Blackstorm grew suprisingly quiet as he looked at Jorrick standing at the end of the gangplank. Beckoning him on board Blackstorm turned to the sailors gathered by his side and spoke loudly: ‘’I don’t want any of you bilge rats disturbing us!’’ With that the Captain and his uninvited guest retreated into the bowels of the ship.

Seating themselves at a wooden table in the Captain’s Cabin Blackstorm opened his mouth to speak first but Jorrick cut him off his hand trembling as he steadied himself by gripping the table’s edge.

‘’In my absence …I saw things. Destruction and death on a massive scale. The very world blackened and turned turned into an ash riddled waste. I have seen war in my time, the destruction it brings, but never have I seen a slaughter this …total. When this ‘’Dream’’ first appeared to me I believed that an army would be enough. But then I began that army broken on the field, our people’s banners torn down only to be replaced with banners of flesh and chittering madness.’’

Yorold blinked a few times seeming suprised to see a man like Jorrick Darkblade so thoroughly shaken yet he interjected without hesitation a second thought.
‘’So now you see it too, I knew something bad was going to happen, seen the tides fester with darkness ever since the seas parted. If anything it’s a small comfort to know I ain’t the only one anymore.’’

Jorrick let out a tired groan before continuing.
''You’ve been looking into what’s out there. What lurks beneath the tides now and blackens the minds of those it touches. That something is now reaching out to seize the minds of mortals. And if that is the case then armies of either the Horde or the Alliance will be useless to stop it.’’

Yorold nodded silently, he had indeed been looking into the darkness that dwelled beneath the waves ever since the Queen of the Naga met her supposed end. But even he had not yet figured out it’s true face, not yet. Still he found the visions of death and doom to be all too familiar and he leaned forward onto the table adjusting his hat before replying: ‘’I’m familiar with what you speak of, saw it myself not long ago. And you’re right. An army? Pointless. What you need is a host of men and women who’ll do whatever it takes to protect the Horde. Who go that extra mile to show both the Horde and any who’d care to see that they do not stand alone in this.’’

Jorrick sat up straight, giving the idea some thought. ‘’I am under no illusion that if this Darkness, and all the darkness to come is to be overcome, the Horde and the Forsaken will need one another. But----.’’
Jorrick looked up only to find the enigmatic Captain ready to interject, not allowing Jorrick to even finish his sentence.
‘’But nothing. In all the wars we’ve dealt with so far, the most perilous are still to come. The Horde will need those who can inspire the dead and the damned to fight like never before. Now the question becomes not ‘what needs to be done?’ but ‘Am I willing to see this through’ and that Darkblade is entirely up to you.’’

The Captain sat down across from Jorrick before casually flicking his tricorn onto the table between them. They sat in silence for a minute before Jorrick spoke again: ‘’Alright…Time to get to work……’’.

OOC:

A Spearhead of Undead Champions called together in common cause to protect the Horde. The red adorned heroes of the Hallowed Host seek to earn a place in the Horde for all the damned. Fighting not only to destroy their enemies and reclaim the lands owed to the Horde but also to protect those who can’t protect themselves from the merciless threats that seeks to assault the Horde at every turn.

Furthermore, our aim is to provide a fun and exciting community for Undead, Dark Rangers and Death knights of all races who are looking to become champions of the Horde and are willing to get their hands dirty to see it safe.

Guild Ranks

-Harbinger: (Guild master): The Harbinger commands the Host and acts as both a rallying figure and a commander when out in the world.

• Arbiter : The Arbiters of the Hosts serve as the Harbinger’s eyes and ears aswell as mentors for all the souls who decide to pledge themselves to the Host’s cause.

Reaper : Elite warriors that set examples for good behaviour and loyalty to the cause. Each of the Arbiters selects their own reaper based on their own individual skills.

-Gravewarden: Those who have proven to be devoted to the ideals of the Order are called to become it’s Gravewardens. Veterans in their field the Gravewardens stand ready to answer the call of the Horde whenever it is sounded.

• Adherents: Those who have undergone their trials by fire and who have shown they adhere to the Order’s ideals of serving the Horde without hestitation make the first steps to forging a grand destiny.

• Initiate : ‘’Those newest to the Host and those who seek to protect the Horde as they pave their way to a new future. These newly Initiated must prove their worth to be accepted as one of the Order’s own.

• OOC : Members who have not yet undergone their initiation.

Guild Rules

Rules:

Members of the Hallowed Host shall never:

-Metagame (taking information gained outside of roleplay and use it inside the roleplay or vice versa).

-‘’God-emote’’. (fellow rpers are there to enjoy the rp alongside us, making emotes that take agency away from another persons character without their consent is strictly forbidden).

• Grief (Pvp is an exciting activity but killing those who have no means of fighting back or camping graveyards or corpses just ruins the fun for all involved. Make your kills and move on).

• Claim any town or territory in the name of the guild. (always keep in mind that the gameworld belongs to others aswell).

• ‘lol’around. (While in our guild your guild tag is a reflection of you and your guildies. Remember that and don’t treat it like a joke.

• Speak any language other than english in the guild chat . (The most common language on the server is english, making this the standard language for the guild allows us to communicate as clearly as possible with one another.

• Badmouth other people or other guilds. ( Everyone can surely find something to criticize about everybody else but always make sure criticism is factual and backed up with evidence.)

• Discuss politics or religion in the guild chat or discord. (every discussion has it’s place but touchy subjects like politics or religion doesn’t have a place here.)

Members of the Hallowed Host shall:

• Always try to be polite to your fellow guild members.

• Have respect for other guilds and people. (even the guildless or the low level can potentially rp like the best of us)

• Always address any issues with the person first in question first. (Try and work something out in a respectful and courteous manner, if the person in question is not inclined to cooperate its better not to say anything than to beat your head against a wall).

-When caught doing something against the rules ic or ooc, accept the consequences and move forward. (Your ic actions do have consequences).

• Always act in accordance with the lore. (It is not ours to disregard the lore and make up our own, stay true to it).
Colour Code

As a band of Damned warriors we do not operate as a military unit. Therefore we do not employ a set uniform. Instead we allow the Host’s members to wear armour that allows their character to fullfill their purpose. However we do require anyone above the rank of Initiate to wear a guild tabard. This is to signify our Allegiance to the Horde and the blood we are willing to spill in it’s defense.

If you are interested in learning more. Feel free to ask any questions or if you are looking to find us in game you can always contact myself with a whisper.

29 Likes

The Hallowed Host sounds like some much-needed pro-Horde representation right now, and a potentially a really cool chapter to Jorrick’s (and others’) stories! The simple rank structure is a blessing. The Hallowed Host has my support!

Also, Yorold Blackstorm; the Corpse Captain that inspired my own dive into Undead Pirate roleplay. If there’s ever room for another drowned soul on the Tempest, count me in!

Edit: I’ve since joined the Host, and its damn well everything I hoped it would be! If you’re looking for a fresh direction for your not-so-fresh undead, I heartily recommend!

1 Like

Press-ganged, volunteered, details! Swabs a swab and a gunner is-- much better payed?

Avast, welcome aboard anytime me hearty! :skull_and_crossbones:

Sigh He seems to have that effect on people.

1 Like

The Hallowed in the name does at first imply a notion of holiness or religion being involved, and I admit I find that a little confusing. If I understand right, this is not at all associated with the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, nor does it bear any themes of Forsaken faith…?

1 Like

It’s contagious, isn’t it? :parrot:

adjective

1. made holy; consecrated.

“hallowed ground”

• greatly revered and honoured.

“the band will be in some hallowed and historic surroundings”

Our particular use is mainly in reference that some things are sacred, and shouldn’t be desecrated, or raised, or abused. Things are more than Tin soldiers, we aren’t nothing. It’s also a loose reference to Hallows end. But yeah, we pondered the use of the word too. We’re quite content with our reasoning.

1 Like

To add to Yorold’s earlier reply. I decided on Hallowed because of the references to being ‘‘Honoured and Greatly revered’’. Because that is something we as a guild aspire to become. The idea of holy or consecrated was very much secondary in that decision.

2 Likes

Last night was rather fun! Even found myself a fellow Pirate in arms. :skull_and_crossbones:

Even got a few nice starter events planned. As long as Yorold doesn’t fall of the wagon. Metaphorically, and literally.

1 Like

We’ve been slowly developing and growing the guild, bringing in interested volunteers from Orgrimmar. Now we’re preparing to start off our events. The Host shall soon set out to gather the means with which to fight their war against the Darkness of the old gods.

If you’re thinking about checking out the Hallowed Host, feel free to contact us at any time and tag along for our rp.

3 Likes

Jorrick i hate you IC but your awesome OOC so best of luck!

Much love :purple_heart:

:dagger:

6 Likes

Lovely as ever Daleshar!

Tonight is our first event. The Hallowed Host will set out towards the Plaguelands having headd rumours of new scourge armaments having been discovered there. While seeking to root out these vile weapons the Host will also have to ask themselves whether destroying them or using them for our own ends is the greater good!

If you want to join us on our adventures and learn more about our Hallowed Host? Feel free to contact me at a moment of your choosing.

4 Likes

Malevolent Magics and Evil Enchantments

The axe stuck fast, buried deep within the Undead Troll’s neckbone. With each forceful twist, bone crunched and decayed sinew flecked from the partially-severed head. It wasn’t David’s finest execution, but the Forsaken’s lips curled into a satisfied grin all the same as he finally pulled the Troll’s head free and held it aloft.
As the catacomb’s torchlight reflected in the severed head’s milky dead-eyes, so too did David reflect on how he’d ended up so far inland;

On horseback they had rode south from Silvermoon, through the Deadscar and the Ghostlands, to a tomb hidden deep within the rotten bowels of the Plaguelands themselves. Such virulent rot and necromantic magics made even the Host wary as they went toe-to-toe with a horde of resurrected Amani thralls.

The Host had found the weapons they sought, but those same terrible weapons were wielded by the Trolls that protected them. Each blade and mallet dripped with a perpetual red ichor, a frothing gore that seeped from each enchanted edge.
David Skinn, in his little experience of sorcery, couldn’t even begin to comprehend the wicked magic at play. But, as he looked down from the severed head he held and toward the Troll’s own enchanted weapon, he knew he wanted that magic for himself.

Shout-out to that one zombie Troll from the first group of baddies the Guild’s ever faced, who nearly single-handedly KO’d the entire Host. Almost the world’s shortest storyline right there! Jorrick’s events are brutal.

2 Likes

Those rolls were atrocious…

Still! Had a great and grand time! Looking forward to the rest of the plot, and the next! :skull_and_crossbones:

The Host has been pursueing the Scourge armaments they were hunting. Ending up in the lair of a Nerubian witch. While they managed to defeat the witch, they failed to secure the weapons.

They did however learn the source behind the dark power imbued into the blades. The blood of innocents.

Having learned this black truth the members of the Host have to decide for themselves whether they ought to destroy this dark power or wield it against the Horde’s enemies.

We’re approaching the finale of your plaguelands chain, but the greatest is still to come! Be sure to keep posted!

3 Likes

Going to throw in my bump for this thread. Had a fun time last night with some members during their recruitment.

1 Like

We had a fun time with you too Aeirynn. A delightful time, you proved to be very knowledgable and it was an absolute pleasure to rp with you.

In other news. We’ve completed our campaign in the plaguelands, which took an unexpected turn.
Encountering a young squire on the border of the plaguewood the Host did their utmost to spare him a gruesome fate.

This did however cost them their chance at slaying the cruel weaponsmith Zadlav and his sick rituals.

The Host can only hope that their kind deed won’t come back to bite them.

Now…we are considering attending the binan conference and pouring our attention into halting the spread of N’zoth’s taint.

2 Likes

Hey please don’t :poop: talk the Stygian Legion community they haven’t wronged you in any way

Thanks hope you get to stay GM in this guild :+1:

17 Likes

Thankyou for another fine fabrication. We’ll stick to forgetting you and your strange head cannons exist.

Like the majority of the server.

3 Likes

Nice thing to say from your 100% not biased view. Last i checked, you and the communities you take part in looked to mass report Morsteth and Perroy with tickets and via ingame mechanics too. Which is really weird.

2 Likes

It’s not a fabrication.

7 Likes