[H-RP] The Moonlight Melody - The Song Continues

It’s really lovely that you bring RP to one of the best zones ever, Broken isles

Keep it up! Good luck!

1 Like

Can I just say, you’ve made a dream come true with this guild. :scream: I had the exact idea of a character concept when I thought hard about roleplaying a Nightborne priest!! To see there’s an entire guild dedicated to it: Y E S!

And you guys even share the same perspective I have on Nightborne in the Horde! I wanted my character to have a distant Kaldorei relative. And considering she knows the Kaldorei way more than the Blood Elves (who came to be way way after the Sundering), she’d dare to have closer ties to the Kaldorei than the Belves. But, considering the political aspect, she’d meet in secret, etc.

#FckRacism #FckFactionWar

I’d love to meet you guys on my Nightborne (I’ll be now considering creating her lol).

4 Likes

Few members of the Melody joined yesterday in the evening for one of the memory tea sessions. Guided by Mersyllia they shared their happy memories from the recent as well as distant past. It was a simple effort with a goal to make new bonds and open up to new ties and friendships.

Even though the end of the ceremony turned out to be not what they expected the session itself served its purpose and helped the participants to get a new outlook on each other.
(That said I am really happy to be part of this project. Ever since I made my Shal’dorei character I have searched for a place which (at least in my view) makes more sense when it comes to the Nightborne and Night elven ties. The Melody has it all. Dedicated GM, varied characters and high quality of roleplay with deep knowledge of lore. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

It is an upmost pleasure to have you within the guild! - You’re a wonderful part of our community now and I speak from the heart and from the guild when I say, I can’t wait to see more of you and your character, and the story you bring to the guild!

It was a Complete pleasure having our Mersyllia Shadeflower perform her ‘famous’ memory tea event for the melody! - I think it will be a delightful way to learn about each other more and more over the future! - It’ll also be a great way to get new members involved with each other and older members, so truly, things are looking grand!

Thankyou dearly! I’ve noticed you’ve always been a positive source of energy on our thread and the forums in general! Keep being a delightful person! Should you ever meet us, I am sure many of us could share some tea with you!

It brings me so much joy to hear the positive words from you! If I am honest, when I first started up this guild, I -never- expected to get more than 3-4 members. But we’ve had so much interest and positive feedback I am overwhelmed, and remarkably proud of my lot within the guild.

I speak from personal experiance when I say it is so refreshing to RP Shal’dorei from a fresh perspective rather than mindlessly following the horde and dealing with noble politics, it’s been an upmost delight to RP and lead! - Especially as we will be joining some Kaldorei in Feralas soon enough!

By all means, if you make your Nightborne, - Or want to just get in touch and discuss the guild and your own character first, by all means, do so! - I’m just a discord away if you want it! Even if you don’t join, we’d be -more- than happy to have you come meet us at the temple and RP with us!

So thankyou for all the positive words and thoughts, it always makes me happy to hear others from a similar mindset within the Shal’dorei! - Elune’adore and always remember shanna melor’ne adala fal.

3 Likes

Elthana Trawarin yawns, smiling to herself as she finishes cleaning up. Today had marked the first real effort to restore the Temple to …well if not to its’ former glory, then at least acceptable glory. Somewhere to find comfort, to pray, to learn and to teach. A haven, a sanctuary for those turning to Mother Moon.

They found that a plethora of animals had sought refuge in the abandoned temple. Elthana smiles again as she recalls that the immediate consensus was to build shelters for them, and to care for them and feed them. She looks up at the stars in the sky and nods to herself. It was the right choice to follow these fellow devotees of Elune.

She goes over her sewing kit, making herself content that all the needles she likes to work with are there. So many things to craft and make, for the Temple, for her sisters and brothers, and for the animals. Once again she smiles, as she oftens finds herself doing now. A labour of love, it will be.

Sighing with sudden apprehension, her smile slowly fades. Danger awaits tomorrow, deep in the Val’sharah woods, where the Moonlight Melody is bid to go to deal with a grave threat. ‘Elune, I am no fighter’, she whispers, wringing her hands. ‘I’m not sure I know what to-’

Something bumps into her leg, interrupting her train of thought. Startled, she looks down. One of the kittens they rescued paws her leg, and mews pitifully, looking at her with those large eyes. As if it hasn’t been fed, ever. ‘You greedy little runt.’ She laughs, and scoops up the ball of fur in her arms, and walks off towards the larder, completely unable to resist those pleading eyes, and for now, completely forgetting her worries.

A ray of pale moonlight finds its’ way through a slightly cracked window, as the moon rises. It illuminates the sleeping Acolyte snuggled up with the kitten in her arms. Tomorrow is another day. Right now, there’s rest in the loving embrace of Elune.

6 Likes

Last night marks the end to our venture in Val’sharah. A rather eventful one at that! The group ventured deep into a broken village, torn and ruined by the previous nightmarish powers of the dream. Whilst the main Kaldorei group struck, the Shal’dorei (and allies) from behind. - The Kaldorei forming the main destraction whilst the skilled devout of Elune moved around, cutting each and every void source to the cultists.

The source of void now gone, - the Kaldorei and Shal’dorei scattered, leaving the ruined cultists powerless and gone. Only for the Melody to encounter a dreaded corrupt Ancient on the run back, having to dodge and get away from the horrifying creation of the cult.

Whilst the Kaldorei go home and begin to watch out for any cultists once more, the Shal’dorei return back home to their temple in Falaanar for a well deserved rest.

This coming week, is a much more relaxed week. We shall be around the Temple all week, working on restoration efforts, ceremonies and also lectures for our devout, new and old.

We’re working on a project to slowly rebuild the temple, each individual within the guild doing so with their own input and interactions. - Currently building a shelter by the temple for the local animals to rest and be safe. Whilst also restoring some ancient tapestry to the temple.

During this week, Zarival shall be venturing to Feralas himself, with a few of his diplomatic allies to meet the guild known as the “Handmaidens of Elune”. - Establishing the guilds first contact with the Kaldorei.

We all deeply look forward to working and learning from each other with the Handmaidens! - Lessons, ceremonies and adventures are all yet to come from working together, much is yet to come!

If you want to get in touch, to join the guild or just RP with us, come along to the temple or give one our fabulous members a /w. Whilst our ranks are filling out nicely by the week, with a lovely group of active members, temple guards are still very much needed right now to keep us safe!

We look forward to serving Elune and always rememer, Shanna melor’ne adala fal.

7 Likes

The Handmaidens and their allies are so looking forwards to meeting with their distant cousins! We’re all very proud to be making first contact with the Elunite Shal’dorei in the spirit of our shared spritiuality. Elune-adore, may the Mother make the way safe for you.

5 Likes

Today, training and lectures were conducted within our Guide’s estate; acolytes were personally taught by Guide himself, learning basics of lunar magic - some even harnessing Elune’s light for very first time - while others practiced art of scrying and covering their own presence - be it by means presented by Mother herself or more traditional arcane. In this session they practiced the arts of stealth, obfuscation, scrying and searching - In short, a nice game of hide and seek! Albeit narrowly, the hiders beat the seekers, and each team learned that sight, sound and sense are just as important as scrying and calling upon the goddess.

After all this, refreshments were provided to the Sisterhood after the exercises, and soon after they were given access to the Guide’s very own library, containing tomes from Elune worship to more miscelaneous topics, a treasure trove of knowledge to be perused.

4 Likes

Zarival, if you wish to have some cross faction rp feel free to contact me. Court of Dawn wishes to aid ALL elven kin and it could be very interesting to have some ic interactions in the future. Best of luck with your guild and concept.
May the mother moon guide your path.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’d enjoy working with us, as of next week we’re in Feralas with the Handmaidens of Elune. - Do feel free to say hello then! Though, admittedly our guild is moreso focused on those loyal to Elune than all elves. Mainly due to heretical Ren’dorei / Demon Hunters and the like. Due to ancient tradition valued within the guild!

But to any of those loyal to Elune and not considered heretical, we’d be happy to meet :smiley:

2 Likes

Tonight, the Melody gathered in order to reinforce the barriers around the fallen Arcan’dor beneath the temple as well as to search the tunnels for any remaining books, scrolls or relics which might have survived the passage of ages.

The priesthood worked alongside the arcanists to leave protective wards around the fallen tree and after a small squabble with the withered and a fal’dorei they erected a provisional barrier in one of the lower tunnels. Several books and scrolls were saved and moved to the library.

The arcanists will have to come back later to reinforce it as well as to place more wards and one of the arcane constructs to prevent the corruption from the tunnels to pour out and into the temple.

4 Likes

But do you worship cheese…

1 Like

I came here to tell you guys the RP we had was awesome, and that most of you can consider Mithralles a friend.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed the RP tonight with a lovely bunch. Even if Calavienna was a tad (Very) jumpy, most of you can consider her, well not go as far as friend.

5 Likes

I had a wonderful time and it was great talking with many diverse characters. I look forward to our next gathering/work together adventure.

3 Likes

Also, wanna say I loved how many of you guys came to the event, I feared you’d overwhelm us but you where all so nice, letting eachother have a turn and giving us more then enough time to respond to you guys emotes and texts.

So I apologise if I missed some of your emotes and texts here and there!

To any other guild out there, I highly recommend the Moonlight Melody, they’re fair, they’re fun and they know what they’re about!

9/10 (had to subtract one point cuz you’re a bigger guild then ours :wink: )

5 Likes

I had a wonderful time. My dream of many months finally starts to take shape. It was a pleasure to meet all of the Kaldorei and to participate in this small cultural exchange.

I hope we can repeat this again soon. It was refreshing and a very positive experience and of course all those present in the gathering can consider Val’thira an ally who can also make some nice dresses :wink:

5 Likes

Granny Albanne was really happy to meet old kin in a neutral/friendly setting. She even got a handshake from Calavienna, if it’s not progress!

4 Likes

You cannot prove this. It could have been a fake hand.

4 Likes

Really enjoyed the meetup this evening, even if there was a bump or two in the road! Moonlight Melody are a warm, engaging group of Shal’dorei and very patient too!

2 Likes