[H-RP] The Rumble in da’ Jungle

Location: Northern Stranglethorn - Beach outside Grom’Gol Base Camp

Date: 26th September

Time: 8PM Realm time

In the mighty jungle the brawlers fight tonight! Welcome to the first official jungle rumble where we pit fighters against each other using their skills to whom can overpower the other. All in the name of glory and gold. Otherwise watch, cheer, feast and drink until your heart’s content as brawlers toss their weight around.

How will it work?

Every month there will be a chance to strive to become “King/Queen of the Ring” and earn prizes. You sign up as a fighter before hand contacting the host of the pit “Juati” signing up with the following form below.

Ring name: (What shall you be known by)

What weapons you use: (Got a cool weapon, fancy trick or just using a good old hammer to punt things. Put it on down)

Introduction: (Any good fighter needs an introduction to themselves. Let the crowd know who you are)

Fighters will be introduced to each other and the crowd before the match starts. And it will be a knock out tournament until the end when there are only two left to see who shall become the “King/Queen of the Ring”.

A list of fighters will be posted below as well so you can see who will be fighting in the tournament.

The Prizes

1st place: Title of “King/Queen of the Ring” and 15,000g (OOC gold!)

Bracket winner: 2,000 gold (This is if we do multiple brackets due to the amount of people and fights going on. Will be handled closer to time.)

The Fights

Each fight will go until three hits have been made on the other. To see who goes first roll to see who goes first with the highest winning. The same applies to when going to hit a person if you roll better you get a successful attack. If not the other can defend. It goes on until the three hits are made. Then the winner goes forth to the next fight scheduled.

Depending on the turn out there may be a need to do multiple fights at once. With this in mind people will be seen as “Overseers” of the fight. By the day you will find out who the Overseers of the fights are to ensure peace is kept.

The Rules

• No mental attacks nor magic affecting the mind to be used.

• No lethal blows

• Constructs and pets are allowed

• Poisons, enchantments and “enhancements” are allowed. However, nothing lethal.

• Respect your fellow fighters and Horde allies. Any disruption like this will result in your removal.

• Have fun

What if I am not a fighter?

There is going to be a need for healers present to assist with the aftermath of the fights. While Ju’ati can heal, it always helps having extra hands. Otherwise the offer to open a stall to sell goods to spectators and fighters alike is there. Even the chance to find recruits from all the budding fighters there to prove themselves. To have a role like this do contact Juati herself to ensure she has you on the list ready for the day. You will likely be stationed around the fighting area.

Will sort a list below of groups/merchants that will be here too. So can enjoy the market side of this fighting tournament.

Contact me

Ingame: Juati

Discord: Isteria#4191

Any questions or an interest post below or contact me via mail or discord. I look forward to hosting this for folks and working with groups to bring a fun experience between everyone.

LET THE RUMBLE IN DA’ JUNGLE BEGIN!

12 Likes

Yep. Yes please. This is what I’ve been missing.

1 Like

Aight, let’s do this!

Ring name: “The Panther King” (self proclaimed of course)

What weapons you use: Voodoo-infused axe, and shadow magic, and one of his panther companions!

Introduction: The MIGHTY tamer of beasts. The UNDISPUTED wielder of shadow magic. The CHOSEN of the Loa of Panthers. He is…the Panther King.

7 Likes

Ring name: The War-God (totally not self proclaimed)

What weapons you use: Blade and spell of voodoo and arcane lightning

Introduction: The soulless conqueror, the powerful storm-born, baptized in blood and flames, the beast-ward is here!

Let’s go

3 Likes

Wonderful initiative, thank you for hosting this for our Horde community! :grin:

1 Like

Hello! Raven’s Riches would like to arrive here to sell our usual variety of goods - and probably additional troll stuff too!

2 Likes

This looks really cool, I shall join on my Gladiator here.

Ring name: Gladiator Tok’lazahn

What weapons you use: Thunderforged axe & ancient Zandalari blade, enchanted with two spikes of the hilt guard which shall burst out with enchanted chains to pull in an opponent.

Introduction: He’s known for his brutality in the Mugambala’s merciless arena, a bringer of death they say, a Champion of Bwonsamdi has arrived to bring upon you entertainment in blood and glory!

1 Like

Just a reminder there is 6 days before “THE RUMBLE IN DA’ JUNGLE!” To sign up as a fighter do contact myself before Next Saturday. Entry closes Friday Midnight so I may prepare the brackets for people. I have already got those who signed up. Looking like a nice line up so far.

Edit: Won’t be able to attend this after all. Very sorry.

1 Like

Final day to submit wanting to enter the tournament. Do contact myself via discord or ingame mail. Do refer to the above on how to enter.

1 Like

Ring name: The Zul’ashi

What weapons you use: Bow and arrow, a blessed sword, a snake companion, venomancy and an assortments of venoms and poisons

Introduction: From the heart of Zul’Gurub, a warrior of a bygone empire, championing the Gurubashi snake god! Let’s see what he’s got!

3 Likes

Ring name: De’ Devourer

What weapons you use: Primal Forces that would include fangs and claw like attacks. Beastial, Nature and mutation like empowerment abilities are built into this.

Introduction: “From the far corners of Vol’dun he comes. His will is of iron, his determination burning hot. He is as honorable as he is feared. His loyalty to troll kind is without question. But watch out or you might become his next meal. A champion of Kimbul! De’ Devourer!”

(Wouldn’t be a fight without the big catmon!)

3 Likes

Ring name: Da Fang

What weapons you use: Two-handed blade with runes, Shadow magic.

Introduction: From the shadows of the night he stalks his prey. The jungle savage, Bethekk’s voodoo hunter fights tooth and claw with the might of the Gurubashi!

This will be fun!!

4 Likes

Ring Name: The Blazing Bullman

What weapons you use: One-handed flaming sword, a whip and an artificial arcane arm.

Introduction: "Riding from the expansive plains better known as The Barrens, this young bull has come and seen many things, and it’s even cost him an arm! Not that it would slow him down or anything… Behold the warrior who knows how to play with fire, The Blazing Bullman!

I sincerely hope my sign up is not too late! And if it is… ah well.

2 Likes

Just this once my dear. You are apart of the tournament tonight. I have awaken and putting together the brackets now. They will be posted shortly.

Entries are closed. We have 16 fighters TONIIIIIIGHT. I will be splitting this into two Brackets. Meaning that whoever comes 2ND is going to be getting 2,000 gold! And the winner 15,000. I will be sorting out another to help assist with the second bracket. I look forward to you all being there tonight.

Brackets is as follows:
https://imgur.com/a/FiUsiA5

Amending the brackets. There is one space open checking over the entries.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for having Anchor’s Away along! We had a great time with the trading and the fights and by-gosh-so-many-people! Very well organised. 10/10 hoping to come again next time. Compliments to the Chef!

1 Like

1st KING OF THE RING: Kolo Servant o’ Crows

A big thank you

I was taken aback by how many people came tonight. I want to thank EVERYONE who had the paitence and understanding how nail-biting this had been when I suddenly saw almost 40+ people here.

We had our great moments for our first Rumble in the Jungle. Our 16 fighters we wouldn’t have had such a good show without you. To every guild and induvial that attended. You make it feel so lively.

Where do we go from here?

We are going to be making it monthly closer to the end of the month. October 24th will be the NEXT RUMBLE IN DA’ JUNGLE!

Before then I will be needing to collect people contacts so I may get to you easier again. If you have an in game name or discord please message so I can get into contact with you.

We are setting up spreadsheets, keeping track of people and trying to make this more professional but still fun. If I can get people who may as well help with overseeing fights I am opening that up to anyone who willing to assist see that everything goes fine. Even have fun announcing and commenting on fights.

We will be keeping you posted closer to time things that may change or benefit. One thing that was noted was the length the event went on. We will be having more fights happening at once. Divisions to make it easier. And as said before the prizes will be the same.

I welcome feedback, advice and aid to this little bottle of lighting of an idea I thought I do for a giggle and then it turned into something people loved. We will make this better together as a community.

TOGETHER WE SHALL BRAWL TO OUR HEARTS CONTENT!

Thank you
Ju-ju

9 Likes

Me and my guildies(both participants and spectators) had a great blast. I absolutely love the idea of each combatant having their own introductions and ring names!

I’m definitely going to the second Rumble and I hope to see it become a continuous series of events. You’ve organised it very well despite over 40 people being there :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I definitely had a great time and fun too being at the rumble itself.

I only encourage others to try and come if anything, to spectate the event if not joining the rumble itself!
Thank you for hosting and congratulations to the first king of the rumble :smiley:

1 Like

It’s that time again folks

Date: 24th October

Time: 8PM Realm time

This time with organisation we have tried to now begin organising sign ups for the rumble through discord as well allow a place we can all party together. We will be seeing how this goes.

I am looking for people to help with overseeing the fights that will be happening. Given we will be spreading fighters between the brackets made. The same prize, same rules as before.

The discord link is below:
discord.gg/eT4MuzC

Any questions please do contact myself or any of the organisers of the rumble.

4 Likes