[H-RP] - THIS WEEK - Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2020

Kosh'harg Festival, Spring 2020

Winter has ended and flowers have taken bloom once more, creatures wake up from their hibernation and start to wander the lands once more. It is at this time that the orcs celebrate the coming of the winter and the opening of the hunting season. The year that has passed has been a tough one for all members and races of the Horde, and yet more tough times may await them. But only time shall tell what is lurking for us around the corner.

For seven days and seven nights, Garadar will harbour the bi-annual tradition of Kosh’harg. A festival of peace and prosperity for all members of the Horde who seek to rest their arms from the fighting and pay homage to what they fight for: Home, family, and the spirits that guide them. No matter how dire the circumstances in the face of adversity and strife may seem, the Kosh’harg will never be forgotten as it has in the past. Thus, those of you who harbour love and respect for the unity of the Horde, join us in this celebration and raise your mugs to the times ahead!

Details

When March 30th - April 5th
Where Garadar, Nagrand (Outlands)
Who Horde

The time has come once more to celebrate tradition and unity! The armistice has been created and (relative) peace has found its way to Azeroth once more. With that the Orcs, as is tradition, lay down their arms twice a year to revere the hallowed Ancestors that have guided them on their paths and seen them through all times, be they a breeze, or a difficult storm, with their guidance we prevail.

Since the horde has come to be the way that it is, with the plethora of different races, it has opened up to the allies of the orcs as well as long as they abide by the rules of the festival itself. It is a time of unity after all.

Due to the nature of the event, it goes without saying that - as always - any who choose to attend this event are requested to be at their best behaviour. Being a festival of peace and concord, there will be no place for petty disputes, warmongering, political agendas, or whatever else that might disrupt the theme of the event. A lot of time has been put into organizing all of the events that are on offer and your fellow participants have all come here to have a good time, so for all of our sakes, please keep this in mind if you choose to pay a visit to this lighthearted occasion.

Schedule

The schedule for the events during Kosh’harg can be found later in this section. Only a few events are currently placed but, as this is a festival for all of Argent Dawn, we wish for everyone to have an opportunity to be able to create their own event and shall be taking requests as it is. If you wish to submit your event so that we may all partake in it, all you will have to do is contact either me or one of the other officers of the Red Blade and we will be able to get it sorted. We wish to keep things aligned with the idea of the festival, so try and keep the events in the same spirit. And remember, the first one who asks shall be the first one who will get the slot!

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e2s8pMFd4n99Pap10uQpnICujWk8F9b17JHCsfh8TvM/edit?usp=sharing

Frequently Asked Questions

What about peacekeepers?
Due to social festivals and events doing so well in remaining peaceful, we see no reason to enforce the peace with clear figures of temporary authority as we see this as something that might simply encourage antagonism. It is a festival of peace after all, and there is nothing to be gained from disrupting that peace! Thus we recommend that everyone simply stays on their best behaviour and - above all - has a bunch of fun!
What about events?
The events will be posted in the link above, as well as in a post following this one as soon as the main events of the celebration have been set in stone. After this schedule has been set up, anyone is free to contact either me, or the other Red Blade officers to arrange their own events. Or, if you are the more impulsive kind, spontaneous smaller events are welcome when there are no larger main events to participate in!
My character is a merchant, and I want to sell stuff!
Wonderful! Not only are you very welcome to set up a "stall" at any point during the festival, but there will also be a dedicated market time (detailed in the schedule) for when as many people as possible will be able to pay your character a visit and browse their wares! If you include a small description to one of the officer of the Red Blade regarding this, we can even promote it down below in a different section!

31 Likes

Schedule

Click on the events for more information! This information is subject to change; items may be added or removed.
Monday, 30th of March
20:00 - 20:30: Opening ceremony
The official opening of the second Kosh’harg of the year! Guests will be welcomed and a short ritual will bless the festival and its visitors. Location: Garadar

Hosted by Kogra Windwatcher

21:00 - 22:00: Praise the Ancestors
Though headed by the Red Blade Clan’s spiritualists, visitors will be welcome to host their own ceremonies as they see fit and will be invited to leave offerings of their own. Location: Garadar

Hosted by Red Blade spiritualists

Tuesday, 31st of March

20:00 - 21:30: Archery Contest
A test of skill and precision. People from all over the world claim to have the best archers, now it is time for them to prove themselves and see if they are indeed the best archers the horde has to offer.

Hosted by Karnna Blackfeather and Vraxxar Wildmark

21:00 - 22:30: Om'riggor
A traditional rite of adulthood among the orcish people, the Om’riggor offers a chance for younglings who have not yet earned a name for themselves to take their first step upon the path to glory!

Hosted by Kozgugore Feraleye

Wednesday, 1st of April

20:00 - 21:00: Sing for your ancestors!
Some may teach others through tales, others through song. Be it lok’vadnod, or a simple expression of creativity, all are welcome during this moment.

Hosted by Zi’tani Steelstorm

21:00 - 23:00: THE GRAND MARKET
Though visitors are welcome to peddle their wares throughout the entire Kosh’harg week, this day will mark the opening of the Grand Market in which the finest of wares may be found! From simple trade goods to the most exquisite wares you will not find anywhere else at any other time, come and buy the finest items, or sell your own!

Location: South east side of Garadar, vendors are encouraged to set up their stalls along the road to make use of as much as possible of the space available!

Hosted by Elders of the Red Blade

Thursday, 2nd of April

20:00 - 22:00: Brawl'gar
No weapons, no armor, no spells. Just as nature intended it! This is a contest of pure brawn and tenacity, as contestants fight one another until one of them surrenders or gets knocked out.

Hosted by Elders of the Red Blade

22:00 - 23:00: Eating Contest
Have you ever wondered who is the biggest glutton out there? Many are willing to claim this title as their own, but few have actually competed for this title! For those who are willing to risk it, now is the time to make a claim to the title.

Hosted by Karnna Blackfeather

Friday, 3rd of April

20:00 - 22:00: Iron Fortitude
Various iron man-esque events in true orcish spirit! What kind of discipline will you excel in and be made champion of? Be you strong, agile, swift or simply determined, come test your mettle in one of the greatest competitions of Draenor!

Hosted by Zi’tani Steelstorm

22:00 - 00:00: Story Night
All we do, we have to share, and how better than sharing it in story? It is at this moment we can share our craziest stories that may or may not have been altered for dramatic effect.

Hosted by Nosh’marak Ironclaw

Saturday, 4th of April

20:00 - 21:30: Challenge of the Wyvern
A traditional competition with riddles and tasks that will take the contestants all over Draenor. Do you have the knowledge and speed required to finish first and to be granted the title of victors of the Challenge of the Wyvern?

Hosted by Nosh’marak Ironclaw

22:00: Clefthoof Hunt
TBA

Host TBA

Sunday, 5th of April

20:00: Closing Ceremony
As the Kosh’harg Festival draws to a close, a final ceremony will be hosted to thank all visitors for joining in on the celebrations and to give any final offerings to the revered ancestors.

Hosted by Red Blade Path of Wisdom

4 Likes

Reserved post!

1 Like

You reserve post? I reserve post! WE ALL RESERVE POST!

1 Like

Ok den… wat be da reservation about?

2 Likes

For the sake of looking fancy in the future. :wink:

Ok den. in ten characters

1 Like

I look forward not only to defending Alry’s staff-master title, but also beating up Grashka this time.

THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN ISSUED.

1 Like

Oh oh another chance to win the archery competition? YES! Totally in! Telia still has her bow from the last event. :smile:

2 Likes

Hope ya be ready to lose this year.

1 Like

Well it was talk like that, that got me my win from the /roll gods last year. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Right… ye tell yerself dat.

1 Like

wonder if any of the friends i made last year will be along. now i just want it to be Kosh’harg already. So looking forward to this!

2 Likes

Awww yeah, kosh’harg time!

2 Likes

Oh boy… Oh boy oh boy… Beware the drunkard of Kalimdor… You are so not ready for this…
You are not prepared! hic

3 Likes

Gonna make time for this, by the Great Hunter I shall!

3 Likes

Yay! My favorite bi-annual Festival is back again! Time to catch up with everybody :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh oh V! Hope to see you there! So hyped for this!

1 Like

Glad to see the competitive spirit is alive and well! I hope to see as many of you as possible there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are forgetting the most important tournament: will there be an ankle-biter tournament now that Vulpera formally joined the Horde?

3 Likes