[H] <Spirit Rise>, Tauren/Forsaken RP-PvP Guild

So, here goes nothing…

This is <Spirit Rise>, a casual RP guild centered around the Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff. The concept is quite out there, so bare with me:

<Spirit Rise> is going to be a Tauren/Forsaken guild, as the Spirit Rise is also home to the Pools of Vision, where a group of forsaken train warlocks, priests and other professions not really present in tauren society. To me this always seemed to be an awesome setup for role play, so why not build a guild concept 'round it?

There will be three groups you can align yourself with within the guild, but they all have a parallel leader/officer/member rank structure.

Skychaser Tribe
Leader: Elder Alamut Skychaser
The OG shamans of Thunder Bluff. Basically every shaman teacher in the (classic) game is a member of this tribe. When you align yourself with the Skychasers, you probably are a proud member of Thrall’s Horde. You remember the nomad days of your tribe and value the security that Thunder Bluff and your Horde allies offer you.

Cloudsong Tribe
Leader: Elder tbd.
A younger and more isolationist tribe. If you sympathise with the Cloudsongs you most likely spent most of your adult life in Mulgore and have a deep connection with the land and its elements. You do not see what honor lies in ravaging the northern forests for lumber, and pose questions as to when the Horde may need to force themselves onto Mulgore and its riches. By Cataclysm you will have supplanted the Skychaser Tribe as the shamanistic leaders of the tauren society, but by now you are more of a cadet branch of the former, biding your time.

Forsaken Expats
Leader: High Apothecary tbd.
You can basically play any forsaken concept you want. You are probably not that excited to be stationed so far away from Lordaeron. You are the only diplomatic connection between Thunder Bluff and Undercity, so it might be a good idea to play nice for the time being, while choosing your allies carefully.

The first events will start in a few weeks time, so we can build a bit of a member base and figure out what stories we want to tell. This guild is supposed to be a place for casual roleplay around Mulgore and the Barrens. We want to establish the Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff as an RP hotspot, where people can find their place and try new concepts in an interesting setting.

We are aiming to be beginner friendly, so don’t be afraid to come to any member of our guild and ask them if you have any questions about lore or if you need help working out your character concept (even if you don’t want to join!).

As with everything at the moment, this is all work in progress and subject to change. But if you want to be part of the progress, hit me up in-game and we go from there.

Best, Alamut

6 Likes

I never seen such idea nice.

Hmm, you remind me there was that whole ‘Tauren working on curing the undead / easing their spiritual suffering’ that was mentioned in a few vanilla quests back in the day. Interesting idea. May chose ZT over waterlords now, if I do I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

Interesting concept, unique rp like this is always good :slight_smile: Keep it up guys!

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea! I am neither Tauren or Forsaken though. Good luck!

This is a really wonderful idea. It’s always fun when people look at the world as it’s presented in the game and start asking questions about how relationships between characters would develop in that setting. It really struck me the other day when rolling a forsaken character, with the intro speech on their lack of true loyalty to the horde, that there’s a really rich seam to investigate there that goes far beyond either the over-egged character drama of Sylvanas or the cartoon villain perspective on the forsaken that more recent expansions have given us. Classic-era forsaken interactions with the rest of the horde are in a fascinating position, lore-wise.

1 Like

This is a sick idea, i’m excited to see how this plays out!

A really unique and unusual take on Tauren/Forsaken RP… I have a tauren character I am levelling up on Zandalar Tribe who I’d rather like to get involved with this… I shall look out for you in-game…