Half-elves new race for or after SL

So maybe not an entirely new race needs to be added but there are other great options that would add interesting new npc and player options. There are some half-elves and in the lore a few more. Now when humans are getting a bunch of new options this could be integrated into their customizations. I mean if high-elves can be a subrace of void-elves I feel this would be a reasonable request.
Reasons for half-elves being a subrace of humans is that most of them have grown up in human society and are more commonly the children of high-elves and humans since they are the ones more commonly interacting with humans. a good example of this is the silver covenant living in Dalaran. in-game half-elves have been depicted with both blood elf and human models.

How to implement this just shrink the human model a bit half-elves are described as slender humans or heavy elves. And then add in pointy ears that are a bit longer than regular human ears as a customization option. Don’t think there is anything more here to change.

Races for half-elves could be warrior and monk and rogue for obvious reasons. Hunter because of their lineage and nature connection. Maybe priest and paladin Arathor is a good example. These Half-elves are more connected to nature than their blood elf and high elf forefathers so last but not least druid, there is even a druid half-elf somewhere in some book or quest can’t remember from where this if you do please write in thread :D.
Wowwiki has a nice page about half-elves.

Can you be a half-elf somewhere else?

Elf playerbase will already skyrocket with void elfs being able to look like Blood Elfs, and Blood Elfs will skyrocket even further with blue eyes.

Its horrible enough already. Stop. Have you seen how many of the Horde is actually blood elf?

Its disgusting. Its sickening. Burn all elfs except those that are demon.

5 Likes

Give it a rest or post in an existing thread flagged as spam use the forum guide lines.

2 Likes

I’ll vote yes because I’m shamelessly biased when it comes to half-breed races in fantasy…

Half-Elves! Half-Ogres! GIVE IT TO ME!!

1 Like

You think you do but you dont !

1 Like

Lies!

I always play a half-breed in fantasy if I can.
In DnD I almost exclusively pick half-elf, half-orc, tiefling, aasimar, genasi etc.

I really, really enjoy that “Belonging to two places but at the same time neither one” thing half-breeds in fantasy often got going.
Not being fully accepted into either half of their people.

But that’s just one man’s opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In SL you can make very short ears BE and I’m guessing it will work with VE too, so there is your solution for half-elf.

2 Likes

No. We have enough elfs already there is absolutely no need for yet another generic elf race.

7 Likes

As an allied race on the main customization screen, they would feel redundant.

But if they were customizations, or were implemented as some sort of sub-race templates for Humans and Orcs, I really would not mind.

I honestly think this kind of feature would awesomely increase our options in terms of race choice, without them feeling redundant:

Whoa! How on earth have we missed that option? The dude is right. Blizz, bring us Demon Elves! Horde side obviously!

coughs Think that ship docked at harbour during Legion…:slight_smile:

As for Half Elves they are -very- rare. We know of four in lore, who are all either important NPC’s, or connected to them. Alodi, Arator, Giramar and Galadan

Of those, Arator, and the two G’s have famous parents, who have probably shielded them from the worst of any negative results of being Half Elven. We know Alodi, being an orphan without powerful parents to protect him, had it rough due to his status as a half elf.

It seems Elves generally do not like Half Elves (way to go Windrunners, at least Sylvanas and Nathanos are dead so no chance of more Half Elves from them!)

Kalecgos’ ‘human’ form is a Half Elf, and the otherwise fairly chill Lor’themar treats him with scorn, scorn that he does not show humans, so it truly seems like there is something about High Elves that the parent races generally don’t like, as a lot of the trouble Alodi had was from human contemporaries.

I mean we know they are biologically possible, but…ridiculously rare, I guess.

Demon Hunters.

:unamused:

And what would be the “future” of such race/faction?

They would eventually become full humans or Elves as the generations go on.

Better race idea than high elf

~https://media.tenor.com/images/a580d04451ea9bd80c0bdf29a6befaf1/tenor.gif

Ostensibly they wouldn’t have one, they would eventually just end up as humans with good genes, but if they inherit even a small part of the longevity of their Elven parent, that would be a problem a few centuries hence, by which time, as bleak as it sounds, none of us are going to be around to care, even assuming WoW itself is! (Unless we’re all playing from a laboratory, row upon row of brains in jars…:smiley: )

Breed like humans and live as long as elves!

no what we need is an altar like zandalari have that switches holy/void for void elves so we can have high elves and not this stupid race made out of a bad writers bad hangover thoughts

Well… Adding it as customization options for Humans for example wouldn’t be another elf race.

Wouldn’t even have to be anything major, just slightly pointed ears and a limit on the eye colors… For example, a brighter sort of blue tones, but you can’t pick anything else.

Wouldn’t mind this option coming with limitations on other customization just to make them less common.

But that’s just me, I like half-breeds.
Would really like to have Mok’nathal on the Horde side too, because their story and looks (judging by Rexxar) are amazing.

Well obviously they wouldn’t be their own “race”.
IF implemented I think the most logical thing would be to just make it a customization option for Humans.
As even though Humans might distrust Half-Elves for their “connection” to Quel’Thalas I think the Elves would like them even less. As they overall are more xenophobic than most other races, considering themselves superior etc etc.
Even if they’re less xenophobic nowadays I don’t think they’d look fondly on Half-Elves.

They exist, but they aren’t organized in any way shape or form so to make them their own faction wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

In most fantasy settings Half-Elves live longer lives than Humans but shorter lives than Elves.
In WoW I would imagine Half-Elves living a few centuries at best. But that’s just what I think. After the RPG books were declared non-canon there’s few sources on lifespans.

Play sad violins for Alleria and Veeresa who will most likely see their children die of old age before themselves.

I’d call that a class, but fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.