[Handling It: Taut Tethercoil] BUGGED

I do not get [Taut Tethercoil] even after doing everything right. im 46/50 and the last 10 rares i have killed have not droped me any quest items

4 Likes

Same for me and for people in the US forums. Doesnt drop, blizzard need to fix another problem with the legendary again. Can’t be more frustrating than it already is but it just did. Im guessting it wil take some hours/day to get it fixed

I am also experiencing this

Same here, no matter what I’ve tried, nothing works - haven’t managed to get a single tethercoil. Tried disabling all addons. Tried killing the rare with only auto-attacks.

Also affecting the later quest “To The Test: Rune of Shadowbinding” where you can’t complete it. So so so so annoying!

Quest still bugged. FIX IT PLEASE!

Edit: the debuff using Tethercoil Rune does not disapear when the target dies. (the green line that connects you to it remains while its a dead corpse) And nothing happens untill u break it by running out of distance. No quest item recieved…

Same for me, got the legendary quest drop last night, super happy and i got the exact same bug, tether remains on the mob after it dies and i get no taut tethercoil. :frowning:

1 Like

Same here bro! Just killing sh** on my DK for no reason :frowning:

Same for me…

[Insert 1 eternity later gif here] — at least that’s what it feels like to someone that’s been trying for it on multiple characters since Echo’s world first kill, only to get roadblocked by this bug now that I’ve finally got it.

I got reply from the ticket i submitted

Greetings, Softtank!
Welcome to the Realm of Blizzard Entertainment. This is Game Master Hahrenzaon at your service.

I understand that you’ve been facing a challenging time with the quest, “Handling It: Taut Tethercoil”, and that after you abandoned it, you couldn’t retake it. Allow me to look into this for you.

Rest assured that this is a known issue that our developers are currently investigating. I apologize for any inconvenience while they work as quickly as possible to resolve it.

Having said that, I can see that you’ve managed to retake the quest successfully after submitting this ticket. While our developers are working on this quest, here’s something you might want to know.

The Tethercoil debuff will drop off and cannot be reapplied while you are in combat, so you must be out of combat to use the quest item to tether yourself to the mob.

With that being said, I’d really appreciate it if you took a minute from your time to submit a bug report to help our devs with their investigations and speed up the resolution of this bug. You can do so via the WoW Forums or in-game. Though I’d recommend doing so in-game as it would provide more data to our developers.

This in-game bug report feature is actually super useful in situations like this one, as it creates a kind of screenshot of what your character is doing and where you’re located (as well as other data that’s useful to our developer’s investigations). It also brings bugs to the attention of our developers just as effectively as a ticket without having to pause to open and fill one out and is sent directly to them, so it cuts out the wait time experienced by a ticket.

To report the bug in-game:

• Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
• Click Support.
• Click Submit feedback or bug report.
• Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
• Click Submit.

And to report it on the WoW Forums, please follow this link:

Again, I’m sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. As Game Masters, we always try our best, so thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy your adventures in the wondrous world of Azeroth.

If you have any further inquiries, feel free to contact us anytime, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

May your adventures be filled with the most Epic of loot,
GM Hahrenzaon

+1: Same issue as others, tethered and items not dropping

Cast time for tether is bugged, showing cast time is 31854 minutes at my cast bar

1 Like

Same. Bugged since yesterday.

Any chance of having this fixed before the weekend?

1 Like

They seem to be able to create quests but not able to fix them…bugged since last night and blizzard is like data data data who cares right its just a legendary screw them.

Blizzard i highly recommend u fix it

Normally im very patient… But this is annoying. Can we at least have some info/ETA some response. Blizz pls!?

Blizzard please wake up, after all this grind for legendary why are we being punished and forced to wait even longer to acquire it.

Yea the customer support of this multi dollar company is an absolute joke… they are so badly understaffed that they cannot even have the CURRENT SEASON LEGENDARY quest available. I would be ok if his was some random legendary from past expansion and it took a weekend to fix but this is starting to become a joke

1 Like

I just got the leggo, and im on that quest. I killed a couple of rares, i was casting the buff before combat etc, and its not dropping for me aswell

How is it still not fixed? Every dev is on leave now or what is going on? Wake up.