Hardcore servers lag [20/09]

Nekrosh is fine. There’s a difference between the lag spikes on Nekrosh, which occur to players on an individual basis, and the “lag spike” on Stitches which occurred at the same time for every player online at the time.
The lag spikes on Nekrosh and Retail are really annoying, but they’re normal and have always been there in Classic at least.
Edit to clarify: The individual lag spikes have also been occuring on Stitches from day 1, not just Nekrosh. The purge spike however affected every player at the same time, which is not something that has occurred on Nekrosh (yet)

Hello everyone,

Hope you all made it through the weekend with most of your characters alive and well!

Work has continued on this over the last couple of days, and at this time looks like the issue has been successfully mitigated and things are back to normal again.

We’ll be keeping a close eye on things for a while still though, so if anyone is currently experiencing symptoms, please include any fresh reports here.

Understandably, many of you have suggestions for possible mitigations such as in-game messaging or character rollbacks which you’re more than welcome to share, but please keep such discussions to other existing threads here, so that we can keep this one focused on the current state of the servers.

Thanks for your cooperation!

EDIT: Added emphasis on looks like. Please don’t read this as “it’s safe to play again and no one will ever encounter server issues again”. Proceed with caution, as always.

3 Likes

Loading screens and guild bank opening still have delays in Retail. I’m playing on Eonar.

:dracthyr_lulmao:

3 Likes

So your best solution here it’s just to ignore the issue you caused to your playerbase and move on

(Just say it so everyone is on the same page)

6 Likes

What a joke.

2 Likes

how much longer do we have to wait for our characters to get ressurected? and what about a few days of free gametime?

8 Likes

It’s great to hear that you are addressing the server issues that have been affecting gameplay. However, there have been considerable consequences due to these problems. Players have been disconnected and characters have died unexpectedly - even during flights! (WITHOUT WARNING) and some of these players have invested a big chunk of their time into their character while being extremely careful of not dying.

We all joined hardcore mode knowing it was challenging and death was permanent. But no one anticipated server crashes causing these extreme interruptions. Many of us might have reconsidered our time investment in hardcore mode had we known.

While it’s encouraging to hear about server improvements, it’s crucial to consider those affected by past crashes. Reviving characters of players who faced these issues would be a fair resolution.

We’re committed to this game and look forward to enjoying it without interruptions. By working together, we can make the gameplay experience better for everyone.

7 Likes

Just fell off the griffin mid-flight and had to use light of elune to not die. Please just add slow fall or something for when you dismount the griffin… it said in the chat “instance not found” right when I fell

1 Like

Story short… I was attacking murlocks in hardcore and got disconnected. I came back I was dead. and now I send a bug complaint and gods know how long it will take for them to ress me if it is even possible

1 Like

if they are to go with TOS they wont, there is another thread were people are complaining about this, i hope they turn on their brains and just roll back servers to pre crash state

1 Like

This is the thread about the server lag and the deaths it caused, please add your post there so that Blizzard can see how massive the problem is:

That’s the thread where Blizzard has already replied and it’s likely to reply again.

1 Like

Hardcore Stitches Server 23/09/23 10:37 CET 2 minute server freeze for everyone.
Leading to my and hundreds of others deaths to your faulty hardware!
Each day it is getting worse and worse.
2006 server were better than what we got now.

Dying to game freezes.
Dying on flightpaths.
Dying to game lags/layers.
Its like opening a pizza place without an oven…

2 Likes

Yep. 100 deaths in Deathlog in 30 seconds, server is completely f*cked. Don’t play now guys.

time to add blizzard to the most deadly mobs on deathlog

1 Like

Can’t get in anymore, hope they fixx the dead for those who died in the HC because of the lagg.

i just killing mobs, probably im dead with this DC servers, Time to cancel subscription.

it was more like around 45mins… Blizzard should roll back. it’d be disgusting of them not to since it was their hardware issue. i myself… died in sentinel hill tower

Actually they used to crash for says at a time. They even gave free days for them.

You agree to permadeath for any reason, including lag, when you make a HC character.

if people dont die how is blizzard milk money?

xD

hardcore is the perfect business for them.