Hardware enthusiasts, please help me to upgrade my PC. Thank you in advance

Hello all.
I’m currently looking to upgrade my ancient machine and I have no idea what and where to look for.
My current setup is :
Intel i5-4460 @3.2Ghz
RAM DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB HyperXfury ( I have another 8GB that just died on me, PC wouldn’t start just beeps when I leave it socketed).
Motherboard Gigabytte B85M-D2V
GPU: GeForce GTX 1650 4GB DDR6
SSD 240GB and 650w power supply.

Now, I’m an older dude with responsibilities which means I really don’t game much, I only play WoW and I don’t need high end machine to run some fancy 2021 games. I just wanna enjoy WoW on great quality (high-ultra high settings). I don’t really raid either, so I am fine if I need to enable raid setting and lower it by 5,6 points while in big groups. I’m aware that my setup is like from 2013 or 2014, and I was thinking to upgrade my motherboard (because it only supports RAM until DDR3) and the processor maybe to 6 cores. Buying a GPU nowadays is crazy, there is no supply and prices are sky high, so I would just leave it for some other time.
Can you please suggest what to upgrade on those two parts, or perhaps something else that you would add as well. I’m looking for affordable recommendations and some solution that would not be older than 2-3 years (generation wise). Thanks again!

GPU you can keep unless there will be an option to get like 1660Ti or similar AMD one.

Option one - go with a laptop
There seems to be a sale on Lenovo Legion 5 (and HP Omen?) right now - 6 core 10th gen Intel or 6-8 core Ryzen 4000. The cheaper ones have GTX 1650 Ti and 1660 Ti.

Option 2: Desktop

• AMD CPU: Ryzen 5 3500X, Ryzen 3600 (and up but not really needed)
  • Intel CPU: 6+ core 9,10,11th gen CPU (i5/i7)

Basically sort by price ascending what’s in stock in a shop you want to buy from and then go from that (motherboard, RAM etc). You can also add extra SSD or a bigger one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.