Have Warcraft 3 Reforged included in the WoW subscription

Title speaks for itself.

Warcraft III Reforge is in a better state than at launch. At its core, the game is a masterpiece.

I believe that those who where interested in purchasing Warcraft 3 have already done so. A 30 dollar price tag for a 22 year old game keeps, in my opinion, people from trying the game?

So how about including access to Warcraft 3 in the Wow subscription? It would breath new life into the game, perhaps even the RTS genre as a whole. Furthermore, it would add value to the subscription.

I can’t see Blizzard losing money on this as I doubt thousands of players are buying Warcraft 3 in 2024.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I quite understand this, they will make more money making it free within the sub?

That sounds like a winner for the consumer by all means but not for Blizzard.

My point is that I doubt a lot of people are still buying Warcraft 3. Hence Blizzard wouldnt lose much money by including it in the wow subscription. On the contrary, by adding value to the subscription they could potentially keep more subscribers.

I think if it goes Free to play at any point in the future it will be done regardless of any sub. However the WoW in game rewards are unlikely to be made free, unless they added them to the trading post or sold them in the in-game shop.

While I agree that giving W3 for free would not cause Blizzard to lose money, at least not any meaningful amount, since I also doubt people will buy it anymore, I still think it would not be a good idea at least in PR sense. Those who have already bought the game would be annoyed for others getting it free (see GW2) and those who have not but would like to, would complain about the monthly fee associated with it. And if actually playing the game would also require subscription, how do you think those who now have the game would react?

1 Like

The performance issues are still there as far as I’m aware. I bought it purely for the mount in some sale but my friend actually tried to play and it was diabolical.

1 Like

In this scenario having access to Warcraft 3 through a subscription would be merely a bonus. It would still be possible to buy the game without any wow subscription required.

I see your point about existing Warcraft 3 owners feeling snubbed. But I also believe most would welcome the prospect of new players and see the benefit of a healthy player population. After all, with more players Blizzard would be enticed to keep patching the game. And a healthy population could pave the way for a sequel (one can always dream).

Why not give it as a reward for 6 or 12 month Subscription .
The 12 month subscription is a joke and has 0 value now .
Imagine that every 12 month Subscription gives you 1 game of your choice for free . That would be awesome .

It’s probably just gonna become free to play at some point. I imagine most people just pirate the original one at this point anyway considering that Reforged is quite literally a downgrade and there’s no other way to get the original anymore other than piracy.

You can freely switch between original and reforged graphics settings. As far as I can tell, practically only the menus separates reforged from the original.

I actually did in February…