Havoc dh is in a bad spot right now

I think the DH was fairly balanced pre-corruption.

I can tell 3 main problems that need some kind of fix:

1.Most of his class based spells are dealing no damage(the only notable one is unbound chaos).Compared to rogues the dh is just really bad. I would revert the demonic and eyebeam changes. this 2 should be good enough.

2.His legendary powers are a joke and i have a good example here. The best legendary DH right now is Collective anguish 2k aoe dmg every 30 sec.

On rogue the Essence of bloodfang does 10k dot dmg on 1 target but you can use it on 5/6 targets. U guys can see the difference here right?
The dh is in need of good legendary’s right now.

3.His sustain and defensive spells are nerfed to the ground .From the nerfs to leech/blur right now I’m afraid to stay alive in keys/raid. I think this nerfs needs to be reverted as well. Right now the dh doesn’t deal that much dmg so the leech/blur can be overpowered.

To sum up the main problem is that dh class/basic spells are way under tuned right now . He is in need of big buffs and soon.

This is a picture from raid right now on Retail with no corruption. https://imgur.com/DFwETt9

Also this is from a key and i want you guys to compare the dmg from my spells with other classes.

PS: its not normal for DH tank to deal more dmg than dh dps
PPS: I would like first blood to be baseline spell for dh achieved at lvl 60 or smth and give him a new talent instead

15 Likes

Also Blizzard if u read this i need buffs to DH not nerfs to other classes :slight_smile:

Lets face it, its not gonna happen, at least not anytime soon.

Community has screamed “Nerf dh” for years now, and finally they got it.

This is not balancing - This is “Justice” based on “Popular opinions”

4 Likes

the only problem I see is that in most of the situations when they balance things they nerf the strong stuff rather than buff the weak stuff which makes no sense to me :smiley:

DH got probably nuke nerfed the heck out of it because they were used so many times for boosts by players.
There are probably only like 20% who actually know how to play dh though.
I’m suspecting alot of re-patch-updates about class changes until SL. For balancing.

Yep. Frost DK also nerfed to the ground.

Ret, sub, shadow currently oneshotting anything that moves in pvp.

Ret will be the next one to be nerfed.

It’s not a shock that classes are feeling bad in pvp during pre patch.
I don’t think they will leave their newest class with 1 dps spec not viable. They will sort it out.

DH is trash in Beta too and only viable due to Conduits carrying them. Not sure what exactly are you waiting for, if they dont revert nerfs they may aswell prune it completly from the Game since Vengeance is as usual a bad tank aswell.

Sub rogue is good, Ret pala is good, Shadowpriest is good, MM hunter, Arcane mage.

DH is trash and between DH and the strong ones is a lot of classes.

I believe they will. This fact has caused dh more hate than deserved and community will riot if dh is not trash tier for a very long time.

I like vengeance in rated bgs, it is by far best tank there, chasing dh has some magic to it.

Except they nerfed the range on leap now.

Let me clarify something. i play dh on beta right now. i know dh is bad in prepatch but the problem is that he is bad in beta aswell.

Did a bg as holy pala, a dh topped our dps. I think some of the members are gonna make a thread about dh not being nerfed enough are coming up.

They already are. DH deals damage, thats justifyable enough to nerf it judging by Community standards.

Yep.

Not the only spec that are not allowed to deal damage though.

On the paladin forum, a guy made a “We (Ret) need to be nerfed”-thread posting on his ret paladin. Claiming rets are so strong now oneshotting people etc.

Only that character had freshly dinged 50 itemlevel, not updated itemlevel since prepatch and it was like 200, not even relevant endgame in the beginning of bfa.

Meaning he couldnt possibly have experienced current ret status ingame as a ret.

Meaning he was killed by a ret ingame on another character.

Solution: Make it appear ret dps are so strong that even rets want it nerfed :slight_smile: No credibility whatsoever.

Other classes going undercover to make “Popular opinion” is a new one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.