[Havoc]Demon hunter PvP state

So after playing around 600 games in Solo shuffle, and floating 1200-1500, I wanted to share some thoughts and comments

Demon hunter feels like home for me at the moment and I always struggle to stick and main a class (ADHD)

I love Demon Hunter but something feels a miss.
at 1200-1400 , people run in and pop all their CDs and it’s a race to do as much damage as possible and hope you win. Fun for the first few games, but gets tiring real quick
Recently I have noticed healers doing the same, Priests wasting x2 charges of Pain supp within the first minute of the game , then the shaman Adence and someone is napping on the floor. Monks that use cacoon nearly in the opener and don’t even attempt to get good heal throughput out. Yes it’s low rating but sheesh

anywasy

Demon Hunter damage feels in a really weird spot. I don’t have the same high consistent damage as other classes, regardless of how hard I sweat and conversely , I don’t have as much of a ‘Bursty’ profile to compete with hard burst classes. It’s somewhere in the middle

I would love to see a high Consistent build option revolving around Metamorphosis / demon beams with less burst // Or a more bursty assassin build option revolving around the Hunt and maybe E.Break / momentum.

Dh used to feel like a serious threat in Meta , while now I feel like my damage is better but isn’t serious threat level.
I’ll wait till I have 4 set and full gear + enchants etc but right now, something is off

2 Likes

I swapped to my DH literally just yesterday as I hadn’t touched it since the early days of S1.

First thing that I did was to get all the honour gear and then I jumped into solo shuffle to start farming some conquest. ( as you may realise there was a lot of catching up to do)

So after some very painful games from 0 cr up to ~1400-1500 (where I would have preferred bot healers or even tanks rather than those trashy healers who play this spec just to get insta queues), I managed to get out of the ELO hell and I’m playing at 6-0, 5-1 for now.

So even though the class definitely ain’t S tier at the moment ( at least not with that gear), it doesn’t feel as bad as some months ago.

Although I can’t speak for your play style and rotation, I can see that your gear is not optimised. Here is a few things that I noticed:

• No gems in your neck - you are losing tons of mastery from that
• No proper weapon enchants - Yes the wreathe enchant is super expensive but it’s a big damage boost as well
• No wpvp gear - Ideally you want to replace pieces that provide no mastery with wpvp items such as bracers, chest, etc.
• No crafted PvP gear - check the crafted boots with the toxic embellishment and the respective head piece that provides 100% increase to these effects. These pieces not only provide a decent damage boost but also have versatility & mastery so that is also a damage increase. Also you might wanna check the PvP quest that gives two items that raise the ilvl of crafted items to 450 in PvP, so you can boost these two pieces instantly to 450 quality instantly if you have the sparks.

Hope the above might help you.

3 Likes

I feel you on the adhd and playing a trillion classes.

It’s kinda annoying lol

2 Likes

Cheers man
I’m just super lazy to min max at this point in the season. I bought Sophic Devotion Silver tier on my Belf and did notice a bit of a difference. got some enchants in the other armour pieces too , idk if the armory will update for it at the moment

Appreciate you recognising it’s Elo Hell tho. The recognition alone means a lot to me

In between sitting shuffle queues I’m trying to get mounts. I kinda cba to go off and get bloody tokens? To get the Wpvp set

Do you think the slime boots + helmet will be bis all season ? Or just end up replacing with Tier set piece of Conq?

Thanks for the chill response without an Ego and just offering insight

Tell me about it
Been like this since Vanilla :sob:

As IL in PvP can’t go higher than 450 in S2 you are safe crafting at least one of the two items. As long as it has the desired stats you won’t need to replace it.

The slime boots get enabled from the other piece that increases the effects AFAIK

Ah OK. Personally I’d just go for Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity and call it a day.

Is it that much of a difference?

Yeah actually it’s pretty funny.

The enchants’ damage on both weapons alone are at rank 3 on my details.

The slime enchant is usually somewhere between rank 7-9 on details, depending on my uptime.

I think it’s a safe option for this season since you can get proper stats (vers mastery) and also guarantee 450 ilvl.

Actually I don’t think that there is any other embellishment that could dethrone these two.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.