HC conclave of the chosen

so me and my guild hit a road block on this one and not sure what to do is anyone else finding these guys really hard or what ?

I completely agree. My guild have been stuck on them for four raid nights now. I think we’re up to around 60 wipes total. We’ve tried at least three kill orders, different healer dps ratios. We’ve gotten really strict in our last half dozen replacing people whose dps was low and we just keep dying around 30-10%

The easiest kill order we have found is Gonk > Kimbul > Paku > Akunda. You can either pop heroism on Kimbul or Paku after the first set of raptors.

Rotate the healers’ cds for big bird and never kill or swap bosses while under the big bird. And always kill the raptors.

While under the big bird, tanks should stand on the edges on either side and the tiger targets should stand at the back with 5 yards apart.

If your tanks struggle with stacks, you can always go with 3-tank tactics. You may bring an extra healer too.

4 Likes

This is how we’ve been doing it and the lowest we’ve got it so far is 4%. The only problem we’re having at the moment is handling the Bleeding Wounds stack, which can easily be handled with some streamlining!
This looks to be the most efficient way of downing Conclave from trying it.

Hmm that’s not how we do it but I guess there’s different strats.

We kill Paku last on both HC and M, but due to timings and stuff we aim to kill each boss within ~2 Paku winds, with them ultimately dying within it.

Akunda (3rd) gets bloodlusted

Just requires awareness and not stacking with the paku group. Having people actually run out and use defensive cd’s works, especially when the frog is hopping around too.

Well it’s mostly a mobility fight, spread out then stack under bird while dodging mechanics.

Bird + Raptors -> Use ring of peace, knockbacks or ranged stuns, since they will most likely come in within 5 yards and start shred people.

Bird + Frog -> Make sure people move out of the swirly This will always happend on 1st, 4th and 5th Pa’kus so if your using healing cooldowns try using cooldowns which allows the healer to move properly(Salv, Tide/Link totems, Barriers, Auras or revival) So you have channeled ones to use in case you need them for Boss deaths or other Pa’ku’s wraths.

Bird + Electric explosion -> Have tank leave her outside if she’s about to cast it.

Bird + Tiger Bleeds -> Have everyone collide in the middle while the bleed targets spread around edges of the zone during Pa’ku wrath. If timed properly you will never have a Bleed + Bird overlap.

Bird + Electric Burst explosions -> Your safe standing on top of the affected people, so if possible just do that the splash damage are eaasier to deal with then the Orbs stuns.

Bird + Hex -> Have the hexed people wait outside untill their hexes pop.

If you get many overlapped abilities It means that you kill them at the wrong times since the energy on Kimbul and Akunda won’t start charging before either Gonk or Pa’ku are down, so adjust dps and even stop if needed to prevent this. I’d suggest killing the first aspect just before Pa’kus 1st wind ability, since then you will only have overlaps while everyones free to use the whole room(Depends on kill speed tbh. we had a overlap while doing it with alts).

Pa’ku does his ability every 70 seconds.
Gonk every 60 seconds.

Kimbul will use his ability on a 60 second timer after he joins the fight. If Pa’ku or Gonk dies just before Pa’ku does his wind ability you will have six winds untill these abilities overlap.

Akunda, If you killed the 2nd Aspect just before or during a Pa’ku’s Akunda won’t ever overlap with the Wind ability.

If you kill them properly the fights way easier since they only overlaps you have to worry about are the frogs.

1 Like

We had to try or way too finish this boss. Try kill diffrent boss intil it feels like this is right for us.

It’s a good fight learning what you and you guild need to work on. :slight_smile:

Looking at your logs from the best pull from yesterday some of your extremely easy to solve problems are:

• Your group is not using damage potions or healing tonics almost at all.
  • You have players failing to kite raptors and getting meleed by them.
  • You have players standing in front of the tank-frontal taking excess damage
  • You have players standing in the Thundering Storm which is extremely easy to avoid
  • You have players getting stunned by the slow-moving orbs.
  • You have players failing to spread with Kimbul’s Wrath
  • You have DPS players doing less than 10k dps in 390+ iLvl - that’s atrocious
  • A good bunch of your players are not using flasks.
  • Your holy paladin has AT LEAST one wrong trait in all of their Azerite gear.
  • Your holy paladin has the wrong talents.
  • Your holy paladin spent a lot of time not in melee range.
  • You failed to kill Gonk’s Aspect just before moving into the first bird which means you have scuffed timers for the rest of the fight. You kill Gonk just as the bird lands to start casting the AoE.
  • Your resto shaman has specced into Wellspring, which is the worst of the 3 options in the final row. You very rarely spec out of High Tide, and if you do then you spec Ascendance.
  • Your resto shaman is VERY bad at pooling healing into their Cloudburst Totems.
  • You have a lot of players getting hit by the frog leaps - how?
  • Your disc priest does not understand how their class plays. 5 Schisms in 5:37? That’s just sad.
  • You seem to be extremely slow dispelling Mind Wipe for no apparent reason

This became a long list, but this is a slight start to what is very fundamentally going wrong. I suspect I would find a lot more if I dug into logs deeper. If you fix these issues then you’ll have way more success.

2 Likes

This fight is far harder the smaller the raid size. After 20 total wipes on this guy as a 10-15 man group, we ended up downing it with little problems in around 3 with 20 people.

We had 3 of our healers (HPriest, Shaman, Druid) rotate their cooldowns for the bird and the other 2 would use theirs as they felt them necessary.

We would kill Gong, then Kimbul, and then paku. This makes Kumbul far easier to deal with as Paku’s damage, even with a million stacks far easier to heal than the 3 stacks Kimbul would eventually dole out.

That said, reading what the above guy has said about people getting hit by frogs, balls and cleave damage etc. it might just be an L2P issue.

Its really just an L2P, if your raid is standing in all that extra stuff they shouldnt. Its not the easiest fight to heal, and it doesnt help, when ppl make it harder for you. We had only 12 pulls on it when we killed it. Problem was mostly the same, ppl failing to the most simple mechanics.

This fight is actually doable if you will do all the mechanics without mistakes, don’t kill aspects at the same time with bird cast and outlast 2 bird-frog combos during the fight
Obviously if people can’t avoid raptors or hexes they are doomed to fail but I think these are just bad players
This fight is actually quite hard only for tanks because if you’ll have bosses too close which can happen in several situations during the fight, you can be oneshotted

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.