Headcanon 2: Electric Boogaloo

Another headcanon, but with a basis from Hearthstone, void elf demon hunters exist.

But they are demon hunters that did the ritual with a “void” demon like a voidwalker.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/4/4f/BattlewornVanguardHS.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20211207113548

I like it. I wouldn’t mind them making Void Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters a thing… Alongside Nightborne Dark Rangers

1 Like

The catch of course being that voidwalkers are not in fact demons and incorporeal.

2 Likes

Well, apparently it works that way aswell.

And if it works for Void-creatures and Demons… Time to eat a LFD, I suppose?

1 Like

The reason WoD Draenor is deteriorating is because it was never meant to independently exist in the first place. It was a pocket of mere possibility, mere could-ness, that was given is-ness by Kairoz in violation of the Bronze Dragonflight’s mandate to protect the Sacred Timeline. It is the fact that alternate timelines, even if temporarily stabilized, eventually disintegrate into the foam of possibilities — as they’re evolving against the grain — that’s part of the reason why the Bronze Dragonflight doesn’t allow alternate timelines to be stabilized in the first place.

2 Likes

As much of Azeroth’s animal life is seeded by the titans as standard template beasts out of Freya’s garden, giving the universal constants of bears, deer and wolves, most creatures now alive are in fact an alien invasive species and Azeroth’s true native life is very rare indeed. Stuck in safe pockets of land in isolated valleys and distant islands as well as the depths of the ocean, we’ve barely seen any of it in our lifetime.

2 Likes

Domesticated animals like dogs, cats and cows deviate from the template designs as laid out by the titans and thus their creations consider them abhorrent. Selective breeding is controlled Chaos, and Chaos is of the Void.

Night elf lore bonus:

As the kaldorei empire collapsed into post-apocalyptic druidic communes, the architects and artisans had many of their arts lost and ruined. A fair few tried to rebuild but little came of the broken cities as they were slowly reclaimed by surrounding forests.

Looking to rectify this, but largely lacking skills at woodworking, the elves had the good fortune of encountering explorers from shen-zin su. Their names lost to history, they aided the craftsmen in designing new, sturdy buildings from the natural materials of Kalimdor’s forests based on old elven sensibilities and well established pandaren logworking, creating a unique fusion of styles. Perhaps understandably, the construction projects demanded many labourers to be fed and a fair deal of pandaren culture, cooking and preference entered kaldorei society.

Thus they ended up with suspiciously common architecture, food and a lunar festival with wind serpent costumes. Of course, these days every kaldorei will insist this was always their way whether or not they know any better.

2 Likes

After going down the rabbit hole of references to candies, it seems that Marzipan is a thing in Kul Tiras and given the general atmosphere and vibe of the shops in Hook Point and Upton Borough, I offer this headcanon:

Boralus is known for its candy shops that the middle class and wealthy frequent, but the sweets aren’t mass manufactured. Instead they’re hand-made artisan sweets and other desserts and delights, with every shop having their own unique style. You can buy toffee from any shop, but if you want Toffee you go to Brekker’s.

Also Kul Tirans invented stroopwafels to go along with my on going headcanon of Dutch themes in the nation due to the prevalence of Dutch-named NPCs. We know from Warcraft 2 that Kul Tiras became the wealthiest nation in the known world (though after exploring rest of Azeroth, no other nation seems to be coming close to dethroning them) due to their far ranging merchant fleets bringing goods far and wide. Thus I headcanon that the Kul Tirans dominate the spice trade, which is quite lucrative.

The best baked goods and sweets are simply Kul Tiran, and the artisan shops of Boralus are renowned for their unique brands. Brekker’s toffee is to die for.

5 Likes

Isn’t Shen -zin su only around 800 years old? I seem to vagually recall that. And art work of Zin-Azshari in chronicles also has the “modern” style night elf buildings back then.
So let’s say this is Pandaren propaganda fashioned by a woodworking company on the back of that turtle.

3 Likes

Yes, according to Chronicle, Liu Lang first left Pandaria around 800 years ago.

2 Likes

Night elves dwelt in ruined destitution and savagery before being uplifted to civilization by pandaren good will mere centuries ago, obviously.

2 Likes

A smoll headcannon:

The Curse of Flesh messed up Trogg’s DNA so much that their hair grew from the very bone as seen on Trogg skeletons.

https://imgur.com/xjDwqhs

This has led to confusing many a novice archaeologist, finding hairy bones.
Atop of that, these persistent hairs are stiff and rigid, almost quill-like.
A hairy femur makes for an excellent hand-held broom.

2 Likes

On that subject, dwarf beards are coarser than those of humans, demanding more advanced barber’s tools. Dark Irons revolutionized this dwarven industry by mass producing obsidian razors.

2 Likes

I like to assume that a lot of Kul Tiran clothes have ship oriented touches on them. Buttons with anchors on them, ship wheel/anchor wrist cuffs and the like.

It helps storing anything from pipes to extra rations and ammunition in them.

I mean, looking at Kul Tiran items in game, 100% true. But I would take it a bit further. You’ll only really see anchor symbolism like that in Tiragarde and amongst Proudmoore loyalists; it’s the symbol of House Proudmoore. Stormsong supporters tout nautical symbols while Waycrest loyalists flaunt ‘old world’ symbols like the cross of the Light.

I can see people from Drustvar being a bit old fashioned, yeah. Another headcanon I had for them that they started carrying a lot more silver on them following the events of the zone. Just a small ‘token’ to deter witchcraft and the like.

Beats eating onions in the morning.

Drustvar’s onion rich cooking is remarkably diverse and the soup a local delicacy that is the customary mandatory opening dish for any fancy dinner, demonstrating the host’s good grace and that none of the guests are witches.

2 Likes

100% Stealing this. Ya-yoink.

2 Likes

Served with a silver spoon, of course.

1 Like

Chanson de l’Oignon (from a dialect of old common) is a very popular song amongst Drustvari bards, of course.