Headcanon 2: Electric Boogaloo

New one:

When teaching a magical incantation to someone, it’s considered part of the safety etiquette to mispronounce it just so to avoid accidental castings. You’d replace the ‘a’ with an ‘e’, or mispronounce a certain syllable.

6 Likes

I never thought I’d see these words in this order. Three cheers for sticking by your ideas! Personally I don’t see SL harmonizing with the older lore, the divide it too great on so many levels.

But cool headcanon nonetheless!

PS. #ShadowlandsWorstLoreEver

1 Like

https://pbfcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2004/02/PBF-Skub-1.png

1 Like

2 Likes

I actually think they make sure not to do that. I imagine that mispronunciation of an incantation is a leading cause of magical accidents. So in teaching, the incantation and hand gestures will be practised separately and only combined later on in the learning process.

4 Likes

Danuser trying to be meta by having the cosmos = machine = you are characters in an mmo piloted by other beings = players are First Ones?

Wow so deep.

Please don’t put that brainworm in my head…Now im imagining one of the First Ones is called C Metzen and I can’t unthink it…

1 Like

Like CHIM being the character realising they’re in an elder scrolls game and enabling console commands.

3 Likes

I take a deep breath to calm myself

1 Like

Reading wikis for franchises I know nothing about is quite an interesting experience.

CHIM <…> is a state in which one can break free of all known laws and corruptions of Oblivion. It allows for the user to return to a state before the mingling of Anu and Padomay and manipulate the Aurbis how they please.

Me, reading this: ‘’…corruptions of what? Mingling of what and what? Manipulate the what?"

4 Likes

The universe is an illusion in a hindu sense. You go “oh” and react accordingly as a lucid dreamer.

2 Likes

I’ll also go ahead and say that every character who has claimed that CHIM is a Literal Power and an allegory for opening the console commands IC is objectively a liar and actively a maliciously unreliable narrator.

What we objectively know about CHIM is that you reach an epiphany about the universe and your own place in it, and with that comes freedom of burden and limitations. The reason why it’s not Literal Power is because godhood in The Elder Scrolls requires six steps.

CHIM is Step #5.

It’s not even the final step. Every deity in TES has achieved CHIM, and not a single one of them is opening the console commands to solve their problems instantly, because CHIM is not literal. It’s just an analogy for spiritual enlightenment and self-realisation.

5 Likes

I just like memeing on it.

1 Like

Memeing on CHIM is the ‘the AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle’ for Dodger, in that it’s funny to do to make people mad

1 Like

starts typing aggressively

Taurens noses continue to grow as they age.

The reasoning behind this headcannon is that i personally find the Tauren faces with the larger noses look older than those with the smaller noses, and use the headcannon as a little way of helping me customize my multiple Tauren characters

1 Like

In other words, enter one of the Zereth realms and change the parameters of a cosmological sphere.
Y’know heading into the Lifelands would have been a far more terrifying and creative concept than the Shadowlands. Creation is always more terrible than destruction.

How’s Emet-Selch?

2 Likes

But to put this into WoW terms, Oblivion is analogous to the Twisting Nether. Anu and Padomay are (roughly) First Ones representing Light and Shadow on a cosmic scale, both of whom influenced Nir, a First One, in whose comatose dreaming sleep the universe exists. This is why there’s a running theme of duality and balance in the setting. The Aurbis is the collective name for the universe that Nir is dreaming.

The dwemer (nihilistic Sumerian elves who live underground) realised that the universe isn’t consistent because of the writers contradicting themselves and by prying at the plot holes they figured out that you can manipulate Nir’s dream by playing just the right frequency of sounds. From this they concluded that magic also isn’t real, it’s just frequencies of sounds.

They wanted to build a new Machine God that can unmake reality with the Infinity Gauntlet, and thus end this dream because they wanted to escape Plato’s cave, but their Thanos accidentally snapped them out of existence.

5 Likes

While that is an excellent analogy, I fear it may have confused them further :joy: