Heavy FPS drops in Raid and M+

Hi everyone, I really hope theres someone out there who has a solution for my issue.
My specs are:
RTX 3060 Ti
32 GB RAM
i5-12400f
2560x1440p Resoultion

Inside a raid or dungeon I get around 200 FPS. Even in the boss room before pull I have stable ~200 FPS. But as soon as we start the fight my FPS drop to 50-60 which is basically unenjoyable. I tried almost everything I could find while doing research for my problem. Tried ISLC, Razer Cortex, changing the ingame graphic settings, disabling addons, Nvidia settings and even went into the bios. Nothing has fixed this issue. Its only happening when I encounter a group of enemies like in M+ or a boss fight in the new Aberrus raid. Overall, all the small tweaks I did improved my FPS but only out of combat.

Id be very thankful if someone has a solution for me or has the same issue.
Thanks in advance!

This is totally normal in WoW.
Before a pull just standing around not in combat, there is not much to calculate.
As soon as the combat starts there are thousands of interactions between the players the npcs and the addons which have to be calculated.
Now the problem is that all these calculations are just running on one CPU-thread because of the old engine, thus severly bottlenecking the GPU.

There is nothing really you can do except get a better CPU with higher IPC (singlethread performance) like a 13600/13900K or a 7800X3D which is the fastest CPU for WoW and gaming in general atm.

This is confirmed by a bluepost here btw, for those who still think WoW is using more than 1 thread for the combatlog etc.:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.