Hellcaller destro spec

Is it me only or hellcaller really feels underwhelming? I have a feeling that wither should be renamed to tickling as it only does real damage with malevolence only. I simply cant get it right it seems, i feel it is not worth putting it up unless you fight a boss, it does not worth the GDC. For real aoe uses you have to talent cataclysm, it cannot spread, it is slow, weak, etc. And the visuals are just… nonexistent.

With curse of the satyr this is like a support hero talent tree i assume. Is the guy who designed this tree plays destro at all?

no you’re not the only one, unfortunately these are things I had already seen as soon as the hero talents were released, Hellcaller had great promise in its name. Then we discovered it was the name of a satyr. I killed satyrs in vanilla for the felcloth bag, otherwise I didn’t even know they existed in the game.

There is no emphasis in instant shots or chaos bolt nor conflagrate, the only good thing is the instant immolate. Which is easily dispelable. For the rest it is a spec that does very little damage in different game situations, both PvE and PvP.

From a graphic point of view I can’t say that it’s better, I think the graphics of the red soulfire have been present in the game for about fifteen years and the green version is terrible with the three tennis balls. Channel demon fire we don’t even talk about it, same thing for the incinerate which inexplicably has been changed from the fabulous one from years ago. With next week’s tweaks the spec will be even more confined to the hard cast.

I was very happy in beta with how destruction was going, but after a few weeks they dismantled everything

2 Likes

well, yeah. i will have to try rift+demonfire next time because of the incoming changes:

All ability damage increased by 6%.
Dimensional Rift damage increased by 40%.
Channel Demonfire damage increased by 40%.

not expecting much change tough related to this “hellcalling”. i’m about to run out of options now to generate more dps…