Hello? (title must be at least 10 characters)

Has anyone even seen any blue post or any sort of response to imply that moneyvision blizz is even reading any of these posts?

2 Likes

I am 99% sure they don’t read EU forum at all, we are literally just talking to ourselves. They often even forget to duplicate their blue posts from US forum here. There is some evidence that they have one person (Kaivax) parse through US forum once every few days. So if you have us character, you have a miniscule chance to be heard over there I guess.

1 Like

Yeah… I imagined something like that :stuck_out_tongue:
though it could also be that they’re just unhappy with classic’s popularity in comparison to their retail abomination, so step 1: get rid of private servers. step 2: kill the vanilla hype. step 3: …probably lose even more revenue cause retail is still trash and I’d rather read a book

Playing on EU is like beeing a second class citizen. Your opinion and struggles do not count. Great example is,the ongoing chat delay issue. Havent seen a single aknowledgement anywhere…

1 Like

I dont think its a Lack of them reading posts or ignoring a situation… i think its more a case what can they really do about this.

you cant enforce a Faction choice on a player, as it’d likely make Players Quit.

they could condense Some of the Alliance domianting servers with horde dominating servers… but this would cause extensive queue times to became a huge issue. so likely wouldnt do this.

without altering classic WoW they cant change the situation… and we the community pushed HARD for no changes.

I suspose they coulda ensured players knew the inevitable faction balancing issues would take place on PvP Servers, but i feel the majority were already aware this would be a problem… and there was Extensive Posts during the games ALpha/beta and Early release Saying this would become a HUGE problem.

all they can really hope for is the Battleground queues will deter some horde and encourage them to roll alliance due to the Wild Queue times they’ll suffer for being as overpopulated as they are.

2 Likes

Last blue post was In-Game Combat Log Range Decreased, 11 days ago.

1 Like

They seem quite fast to take down inappropriate topics and posts.
So I’m pretty sure some are here, but with strict guidelines.
Kind of like third party callcenters, they represent them but don’t have the same rights as US based emps.

Just thinking out loud.

2 Likes

Most probably you are right and they just externalised these services to third parties with limited responsibility and power.
On another note, it doesn’t even matter if they read the forums, the outrage is on the internet and it isn’t like the US servers are balanced :slight_smile:

Welp, just an fyi I thought would be relevant:

That’s a post I made about the in-game reporting system though. This thread seems to be about the forum, which is handled by a different team (the community managers).

However, you must then understand the way community management is sorted in Blizzard, and the way blue posts are perceived.

So when a community manager posts something in blue, they act as an official representative of Blizzard Entertainment. So they need to know what they’re posting about so they can post with authority, as well as knowing it’s the company’s stance on it.

So you’ve got the headquarters in the US which covers the NA region. But then they have CM teams covering the other regions too, one for EU-English, one for Germany, one for Russia and so on. It’s the same system in China and South Korea too.

Anyway, so while the CM team over at their HQ got direct access to their superiors, the branches in the other regions don’t have the authority to decide company policy. So this has left the regions other than NA to be felt like they’re “ignored”, but the jobs of the CM teams is also to provide statistics to HQ and to warn of emerging “hot topics”.

So the CM teams in other regions reads everything. They just aren’t empowered to give replies to anything with actual substance, so you’ll find the blue posts here in EU answering the most trivial stuff in the General part of the forum for retail more often than not, and ignore everything else because they aren’t allowed to represent the company for those kinds of things.

They’ll mirror what they can, based on what the HQ team over in NA has already said though. But that’s about it.

(Odds are that anything said on the forums for regions other than NA just gets compiled into statistics of the general types of topics people talk about though, only to be brought out when needed for meetings.)

Oh, they do read. But not too reply. only too silence opinions they dont like. Just got out of a one week silence because some forum dev did not like what I typed about m2. When asked why I got silenced, they could not come with a concrete reply. Got 3 different GMs saying the silence was for 3 different breaks too ToS, even tho what I said was in no violation towards any of these 3 ToS’s they pointed too., So, in short. They dont read forums too reply to suggestions or concerns. But they do read the forum too silence and remove any opinions they dont like.

This will probably be removed and I will get silenced again, but people need to know!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.