Help macro Stance+targettarget

Good morning,

I’ve been trying to make an all-in-one macro, to ease the strain on my old fingers. The macro consists of using just one key for several spells, depending on my current druid form.

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:0/4/5] Wrath; [stance:2] Shred; [stance:1] Mangle

So far so good. So I’ve tried incorporating a macro that targets my target’s target, namely:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] [@targettarget,harm,nodead] [] Wrath

I arrived at the following result:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm][stance:0/4/5,@targettarget,harm,nodead] Wrath
/cast [harm][stance:2,@targettarget,harm,nodead] Shred
/cast [harm][stance:1,@targettarget,harm,nodead] Mangle

The problem is that the macro now only casts the Wrath spell, and demorphs me to cast Wrath if I’m in feline form, for example.
If I only use the first line, the macro works fine, but as soon as I add the other lines, nothing works.
I can’t work out what the problem is, so if anyone could help me out, that would be great! I apologise for any mistakes, as I’m not an English speaker.

PS: The simplified version of the previous macro works correctly:

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:0/4/5] Wrath
/cast [stance:2] Shred
/cast [stance:1] Mangle

[this, and this]
[this] [or this]

Because [harm] is the first condition in your macro, and it will always return true when targeting an enemy, it will only ever execute the first line of the macro when targeting an enemy.

Optimized version of your simplified macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Mangle; [form:2] Shred; Wrath

There’s really no reason to ever use the above macro as Cat and Bear forms have dedicated bars, so you can just use the spells from your spellbook.

With @targettarget support

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1,harm] [form:1,@targettarget,harm,nodead] [form:1] Mangle; [form:2,harm] [form:2,@targettarget,harm,nodead] [form:2] Shred; [harm] [@targettarget,harm,nodead] [] Wrath

My saviour, thank you so much!

Have a nice day, thanks again! <3

EDIT:

I apologise for taking up too much of your time, but do you know why the showtooltip doesn’t show the spells correctly? Should I force the showtooltip using, for example, [form:2] Shred; [form:1] Mangle?

At the moment the macro works perfectly, but the tooltip is still the “Wrath” one in the case of this macro:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1,harm] [form:1,@targettarget,harm,nodead] [form:1] Mutilation; [form:2,harm] [form:2,@targettarget,harm,nodead] [form:2] Lambeau; [harm] [@targettarget,harm,nodead] [] Colère

It should be pulling the correct tooltips/icons. Double check that the macro icon is set to the ? it sometimes gets changed by Blizz. Also, make sure you have the macro on your Cat and Bear bars.

Thanks again!
The problem was actually with the icon, which was no longer set to “?”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.