Help me build a new pc for wow

Hello there!
So I want to build a pc for wow and likely just for wow not for the newest pc killer games. But I don’t want any problem to play wow on max settings and sometimes would like to stream it too. Think I couldnt afford a 4k gaming pc right now so I planning to buy a 144hz 24’ monitor. I did make a setup on my own (I’m really not an expert) but would like to get some help where should I change anything.
My budget around 1400-1500 euros (with monitor). Also if you know any non expensive good headset feel free to say it! :slight_smile:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x

Motherboard: Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

Gpu: GIGABYTE RTX2060 SUPER GAMING OC 8GB

Ram: Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz HyperX Fury Black

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X

Power Supply : FSP 650W Hydro G

Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master RR-212S

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb

Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz

So what should I change and is this setup will be enough to play on max settings?
Thanks in advance!

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x - 3600 is better bang for buck

Motherboard: Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - prepare to have to flash the BIOS to get a 3rd gen. CPU to boot.

Gpu: GIGABYTE RTX2060 SUPER GAMING OC 8GB - more than enough; even overkill for WoW alone.

Ram: Kingston 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz HyperX Fury Black - plenty; popular opinion is that 3466 is the sweet-spot, but 3200 will work.

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X - personal choice, not much I can add here.

Power Supply : FSP 650W Hydro G - plenty…

Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master RR-212S - as long as it’s AM4 compatible…

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb - plenty of room, if it’s only for Window & WoW.

Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz - More than sufficient.

What I will add is that I’m running 4k on this spec (the bits that matter):

Ryzen 5 3600, be quiet! Pure Rock, MSI X470 Gaming Pro, 16GB (2x 8GB) Hyper-X Predator 3200MHz, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56, 250GB Samsung 840 (system drive) & 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (game drive), AOC U2879VF monitor.

1 Like

First of all thank you for your reply!

So ye…
Last time I checked the difference between 3600 and 3600x was less than 20 euros now it went back haha… So it’s easy 3600 as I checked the difference is like 3%

Luckily I’m gonna buy the computer in a shop where they gonna put it together and update the bios.

The 3466 rams sounds nice but they cost more than double than the 3200s atm where I live :slight_smile:

You said the 2060super and the power supply are more than enough. Could you please tell me some alternatives to them? (Keep in mind that I don’t want any trouble playing on ultra and able to stream sometimes)

As I said I’m really not into Pc building. So I went and checked some wow streamers what pc specs they got. So the main thing I saw that the video cards were always like 1080/1080ti/or any other 800+euros ones. So I thought they have to be really good but looks like I was wrong then :slight_smile: Maybe they have it for other games too.

PSU: I’m using a 750w unit that I’ve had for 6 yrs, & that doesn’t seem to be troubled at all, even with a 3600 (recent upgrade) that needs 50% extra on the CPU’s 12v rail.
Graphics: I can’t comment too much on the streaming side; all I do is play WoW (and no other games), but the one thing I will add for streaming is that you’ll need to have a consistent, reliable upstream speed of 10-20-Mbps to get the quality of graphics you’re broadcasting out there. That said, the extra processing power of a 2060 would make sense for ‘you on camera’ if you want that as part of the stream. Other games will make better use of the extra power a 2060 can offer, too.

Ah make sense
So I guess I’m gonna pretty much stick to this setup.
Thank you again for your answers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.