Help need, mouseover/target macro with modifier

Hello,
I’m returnig (also newbie) player. Currently i want to focus on shaman as Healer and for solo content/questing dps.

I’m struggling with keybinds - want to make them now to learn them through the progress.

At the moment I want to do something like this:
Key 1 - macro Healing:
Priority:
1.) If mouseover party member heal him
2.) Lower priority than mouseover - heal targeted member (is it even possible to make mouseover healing if already healing target exists?)
3.) If target is enemy cast some harm spell, but if mouseover party member still higher priority has healing (also no need for mouseover enemy harm). Main goal of this is to not lose DPS target but also possibility to heal party members
4.) add alt modifier for self healing

Summarizing:
Using key 1 on keyboard I wan’t to heal and deal damage without switching target if not necessary.

• alt modifier for self healing always highest priority
  • want to mouse over party member have highest priority
  • lower priority targeted member of party
  • also use harm spell under the same bind to deal damage - but mouse over party member healing must have higher priority

Is it possible to create this kind of keybind?

Also I would ask you about targeting - self / party dungeon / raid area.
I’m not sure how to connect all of these into one reusable template.
At the moment I want to start using wheel up for target part2, mouse down for target party2 and middle mouse for party3.
But I have no experience and I’m not sure is this works?
Dungeon case - target 1 is always tank and target 2 would be always me as healer?
Arena 2v2 - target1 would be my teammate and target2 would be me?
Arena 3v3 - target1 teammate1, target2 me and target3 teammate2?

This could give me some solid template for both pve and pvp - those situation I mentioned are true?

Thanks a lot for all incoming help,
Take care!

Just set this up under Key Bindings > Targeting

This will help you determine who’s what in your party.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/sortgroup

Hello, I found your topics and using some references I end up with something like this, can you check those macros for some improvements?

1. For totems I use:
    /cast [@cursor] Earthbind Totem

2. Healing + offensive spells:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] Healing Surge; [harm] Flame Shock; Healing Surge

3. Earthen Shield, Riptide, Cleansing:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [] Earth Shield;

4. Interrupting, If I want to interrupt other I use shift to mouseover target to interrupt
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,nodead] [] Wind Shear;

5. AOE heal
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player] Healing Rain; [mod: shift,harm] Chain Lightning; [@cursor] Healing Rain

I will try to test this template, there are still some levels before end game :slight_smile:

Ditch the [help,nodead] it’s redundant.

You can get rid of the nodead on this.

You can reorder this to cut down on space

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Chain Lightning; [mod:alt,@player] [@cursor] Healing Rain

Thanks for help! I will refactor my macros :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.