Help on System settings WoW

Hi i got some question to ask my computer runs all games with max graf settings with easily over 100+ fps i.e Resident Evil 2 Remake, but when playing wow my fps is in betweem 18-30 fps. So does game engine still not support multi core processors or do you need to modify some config files so you get it to run with more than just one core
Computer Spec:
Ram: 64GB DDR4
Processsor: AMD Threadripper 16-core 3.4 GHz
Graphics card: Aorus Nvidia 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5
and all games apps etc installed to SSD M.2 Card including my OS
if some has some answers for me would love to hear them thanks all

1. WoW has 3 GPU API options to choose from: DX 11 legacy, DX 11 MT and DX12. With Pascal GPU try picking DX 11 Multithreaded or DX12 as an second option. DX 11 legacy is single core for old hardware.

2. Run synthetic benchmarks like UserBenchmark, 3DMark or Superposition. The first is a generic one, the others are more of GPU tests but their score can be compared to other results of your GPU. Check if the results aren’t below average, especially UserBenchmark will show that to every component in your system.

3. Use a monitoring app like HWInfo or MSI Afterburner. HWinfo has a lot of sensor/monitoring. Run WoW, when low FPS print screen the full set of sensor or log them. Check on the sensor list if something is fully loaded on GPU/CPU/RAM or if like GPU didn’t downclock itself or if the GPU bus load isn’t 100%. Temperatures rather won’t be a problem.

4. Get an app like Glasswire (thanks Linus…) and run it, then run WoW and check the network traffic it will detect. There is an odd chance some network communication with WoW servers causes this (although that would be a lag, not FPS drop).

5. Get LatencyMon, start it analysis, launch wow and when low FPS check if it indicated that the system has problems with responsiveness.

6. Check in Windows Event Viewer if there isn’t a flow of some warnings/errors showing up when running WoW at that low FPS

7. If nothing helps you can get Ryzen Master and try running WoW when the CPU is in legacy modes. (non-NUMA, and then also low cores)

Other apps: RAMMap (can clear ram from unused stuff, just click every clear option in the menu), MS Process Explorer (the additional app, not the built in) - check if other processes are overly active or if not check the wow process - it has 3 performance tabs to check.

I have 1920X, RX Vega 64 and that at worst runs 50-60 FPS and I did test like Pentium J5005 with GTX 1050Ti and even that worked aside or world boss where the 10W CPU surrendered… and I’m trying to write some articles/tutorials on WoW benchmarking/optimizing/debugging/monitoring but as usual out of time :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.