Help required - Salute bug (SOLVED)

Hey!

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the creation of a macro I thought would be incredibly simple but alas, here I am. If any knowledgeable and helpful soul would care to share some insight then I’d be mighty thankful!

I am essentially looking to create a macro that makes my character say something and then salute in rapid succession. I figured it’d be like this

/Say For Quel’thalas!
/Salute

Doing this, the salute animation never shows, even though it comes later. It is almost as if the /say animation takes priority. Changing the order naturally has no effect either.

Any thoughts? :smiley:

Hey Narothas,

I just tested this on my character and had the same result. I clearly see my character starting the salute animation and then being overriden by the say animation after about ~0.15 seconds. This is because the /say animation is started a little bit after the chat message is sent, which is why putting the /salute after the /say has no effect.

I’ve managed to work around this by utilizing WoW’s lua API (script system for addons), using that i can have the code wait for 0.2 seconds and then start the salute animation, which is long enough to happen after the /say animation being triggered yet short enough that you don’t actually see the /say animation being performed at all.

/run C_Timer.After(0.2, function() DoEmote("Salute") end)
/say For Quel’thalas!
3 Likes

That works perfectly and never would I have been able to come up with that on my own.

You have my many thanks, Kaelon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.