Help with 1800 - The Bottling Warrior

Hello,

Keep seeming to bottle achieving 1800, been 1790 twice and then lost 2 on the bounce.

Wander if any healers with some exp can take pitty on a washed warrior and try help me get the elite set. Will be trying to Queue up Thursday night.

Isn’t the elite set at 1950 now?

I’ve always beena big anti-boost guy, but if you don’t find anyone, then you can always try and hit up streamers when they play 2s with viewers.

roll alliance and ill help you

1. Rumour a while back was 1950 but that never happened.

Maybe instead someone can hop on healer alt and just give him some tips and help. If someone teaches him how to play better then it’s not exactly a boost.

Are you able to post any gameplay or at least ui picture?

Ah no, then it’s a “coach” :wink:

im down to help. just hmu when you’re online khryl#21623

And help he did let’s talk about an the most mental 90 minutes of this bottling 1780 warrior in 2’s.

Sends the invite at 5:55pm
Khyrlz accepts the invite 6pm uk time.
Says “do you want to instantly queue, might aswell free for a bit”

We queue
 me a bottling warrior little bit nervous.
Him “relax its just a game”
It’s DH Disc

We clap them in literally 75 seconds

What’s this it’s 2052 mmr, we queue again

Another healer DPS comp, we win again quickly.
A compliment is thrown from Khrylx “are you sure your 1780”
Me “Yes Yes I am”
K “Cos we’re winning at 2100”
Me "Left hand literally shaking in game, the naga mouse being crushed in my right

3rd game
 Oh it’s Sub/Priest
K “Tunnel DPS”
As a gold mop challenge mod player I can do this

We win
 1800 ACHIEVED BOYS!!

Wait there’s more

K “Got some more time to play if you want”
Me “ok sure thing” Now feeling relieved like that time I’m finally able to leave the cinema after watching Star Wars Episode 8 as the 1800 dream is secured.

I get bantered I’m British, this is fair

We keep queuing another 60 minutes past, our first loss to a mage rogue, K doesn’t care “it’s just a game” what are these words has he ever been in LFG

tips are appreciated and handed out as I’ve became the kill dps master

We meet a BM/Druid
 I want to die, but we win

We meet Feral/Resto Druid it’s not looking good
 JK Second Earth Ele

Until what stands before me is this

imgur. com/a/DELHIyH

Was I boosted
 100% but did I also get coached and learn oh yes indeed!

Have I cr’d out my warrior from daring to step in 2’s the rest of the season 100%

Lesson of the story maybe you’ve not meet the right partner to achieve your goals yet or maybe you just need a Khrylx

9 Likes

You obv just had the wrong partners before!

People often confuse personal rating as somehow being representative of your own personal skill in WoW. It’s much more complex than that, early on when queueing with someone then it’s still unstable and doesn’t show anything close to what you as a team are like.
Queuing more and more with someone then it starts to stabilize, and starts showing your average rating (i.e. “skill”) as a team.

So yes, when you play with someone who’s very experienced, then the average rating (i.e. “skill”) of you as a team goes up a notch to somewhere inbetween you two.
For example, let’s say your hypothetical skill as a player is 1800 as you’ve been playing around for so long. Then throw in a 2700+ exp player, 2500 current exp, which would be khrylx. The rating where you start to “average out” would then end up inbetween those 2 points of rating, which is of course higher than 1800.

While when you’ve played with those other strangers, the ability of you together never averaged out to over 1800. Your “personal rating” is always the combined result of both yourself and the people you’ve played with. There’s no rating system in the game that actually shows only your own skill, you can only infer based on subjective skill assessments and performance history overall, both old and recent. There are also differences in skill depending on what setup you play, what you’re facing, and how well you can play together with your team, so the ability to adapt also plays a part, which differs from person to person and some can adapt only to certain things but not to everything, while others are more all-rounders and can play anything with anyone.

Only way the rating system would be able to tell you your actual skill in numbers, would be in a 1v1 environment where everything is equal. Without that, while it can tell you a lot of different things, it can’t actually quantify your own personal skill level. It can only tell you how you’re doing with the people you’re playing together with.

(A simple example of this is how when there is someone who has played the same class and spec for years and always achieving, let’s say 2k rating regardless of partner(s), and then compare that to someone who just got 2k rating for the first time and is new to the game. One would easily be able to say they’re a “2k player”, but the beginner would have a hard time to try and claim they’re actually a “2k player” when they’ve only peaked on it once and there’s still much more for that player to grow familiar with compared to the “average” 2k players.)

PS:
I didn’t mean to rain on your parade, but I just wanted to dispel the misunderstanding. Because it isn’t good to think that it’s because of the people you’ve played with that your rating was lower than what you just pulled off with khrylx. While indirectly it is very much a key factor, it isn’t a good way to look at it. For the sake of harmony and personal improvement, it’s always best to assess if you’re able to improve with the people you’re queuing with, and then do what you can to grow as a player.
It’s always good to try and unlock the hidden potentials of people you’re queuing with, so that you’re able to form proper teamwork.

Congrats on reaching your goal.

This was an interesting read but it’s simple really, if I was a 2.6k player I’d be playing at 2.6k with him, I probably sit at about a 1.9k player in 2’s, no 2.1k cap resto sham could get me also to play at 2.1k

Additionally his ability & comp knowledge allowed me to play a simple strat that as the comp clearly works due to the sham. As we climb my ability was lacking and losing the few games we did lose, but with live discussion I fixed the mistake in a later game and sort of did play that one to win quicker by my actions. The cool thing is now I can upgrade my gear and hopefully tip the edge to get my friend 1.8k and get his elite set until my ability can bridge the gap naturally.

Congrats man. A lot depends on your teammates and mindset. Khryl as an experienced player knew what hard matchups for you are so he knew that if you lose it’s not a big deal. LFG primadonnas most of the time want easy wins and if you lose to a counter they insta leave.

The key to get rating is find partners who have the same goals and play with them. Imo it wasn’t really a boost. Why? He helped you but he also gave you lesson that you can be better than you think. I’m happy you reached your goals and I wish you more successes. Hope you will join arena club and maybe try yourself in 3s next season. PvP with proper people is very enjoyable. Sadly LFG is cancer and if you don’t have proper achievments it’s hard to find someone reasonably good.

1 Like

That’s what I said in the post above.

But ok, to remove a lot of the nuances and details behind it, in a simple rating system with teams (not the one used by Blizzard, which is NOT the Elo system inb4 someone calls it that), then each player has a hypothetical “true rating” value that perfectly quantifies a player’s ability in the rating ladder, in comparison to other participants.
So your hypothetical ability would be, let’s say, 500 rating. Another player you’ve started playing with has a hypothetical true rating of 1000. When playing together, your average rating as a team (which is where it’s the most stable) would be 750 rating. But when you play with someone that has a hypothetical true rating value of 1500, your average rating as a team would be 1000.

But as mentioned earlier, there are much more nuances to it all in a rating system & game like WoW, so it’s more complex. But this post is the simple version of the principle behind it.

so apparently you can’t play with someone with more xp because then it’s frown upon and you can only play with someone worse than you, and then it’s ok? As always you make 0 sense

1 Like

I often play with low rated guys on fresh chars and try to give them tips. It also happens to me. I played with 2700 glads on their alts and they gave me tips. I don’t get these people who are creating LFG groups “2400 exp no CR lf 3s be the same exp”. 2400 exped player should carry lowbies to 1800 himself and then he can swap for someone a bit better doing the same thing.

6 Likes

very much this. you are a smart guy

2 Likes

Thank you mate. I appreciate the compliment.

Do not gave up. I was many times in this situation. I had 2099 and lose many times. But now I am 2100 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t get how getting 2100 is so hard for a lot of people?
I always assume everyone doing arena is 2100 baseline

I’m surprised