Help With Shadow Priest RP

Hi all,

I am wondering what your thoughts are on the theme of shadow priest. We have seen the spec lean more towards the Void but I am more comfortable with the idea of a dark caster than void practitioner.

Priest, in WoW, are held in very high regard and aren’t as common as say mages, as shadow I struggle to connect with the idea of being a grand priest and instead prefer the idea of a dark caster making his way in the world. What are your thoughts on how to establish a story and distance from the grandiose theme of a revered priest that is the centre of attention.

For example a hunter or warrior or mage arriving in town wouldn’t be that shocking but a priest riding in to town would catch the eye of the locals. I much prefer to go about my business in the… shadows… if you’ll excuse the pun. (Much like a warlock would)

2 Likes

Ask away. Have roleplayed “shadow priest” for years now; though to be precise, I roleplayed an Auchenai for a long time and have recently switched to a darkcaster.

Don’t have to present yourself as a priest, neither do you have to present yourself as a shadow priest. For humans and other light-worshiping races it’s a bit more complex; as an elf you can just parade as a mage / Astromancer.

“Priest” as a general class behind “Shadow Priest” as an idea and “Darkcaster” as a roleplay class is just a coincidence; “Shadow Priest” could as well be a fourth spec for warlock. Nothing binding.

2 Likes

Yes, this sound way more appealing to me. I don’t like the association with being a priest so much and prefer the concept of a dark mage or nethermancer.

I just find it hard to push that into my RP

Your character could always avoid discussing the matter directly with others. Perhaps he started out in the clergy and then happened upon a forbidden volume in a library cellar; in that case, he might prefer not to draw attention to himself, and instead conceal what he’s studying until he knows he can trust people.

This is assuming your character’s dark magic is reflected in a dark personality, of course. That might not be what you’re looking for. I just thought of the heretic and deceiver NPCs in Warcraft III when reading your post.

1 Like

You really don’t have to do anything with being a priest. Could be a mage who began wielding the shadows, a necromancer, etc.

And again, can always masquerade as someone far less important / dangerous. The Twilight Father was bishop Benedictus; you could as well be Farmer Lawson or Gordon the cook.

1 Like

This priest is just my take on a void elf being very into void studies and void use. I felt shadow priest was the best class to portray that.

She does not go around preaching, nor does she perform sermons, weddings, baptisms, or funerals…

She does heal people, although not against their expressed will, considering the source and the nature of the healing she offers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.