Helping a starting friend

So tonight me and a friend who has never played wow before are gonna play for his first time.
Since im not completely sure how this all works i thought id ask here.
So if he buys the base game he should be able to play up to level 110 right?
Does the basegame also come with gametime?
I thought about doing the trialthingy but leveling to 20 is so extremely fast these days which kinda makes that not an option anymore.

The base game comes with Legion and Classic. And yes, in Legion you can level to 110. If I remember correctly, you get a 1 month sub when you buy the game, but this you can check from the Blizzard shop.

Yeah in blizzard shop it doesnt mention a price for the basegame anywhere, the only thing i can make out of it is that by buying a month of gametime you also get acces to the game but thats what im not sure about

Well. Here, I checked it for you:

• retail up to Legion and Classic = price of sub
  • retail with BfA and Classic: “complete collection” price, includes 30 days of game time

Can’t include links in my post, but if you go to the WoW page on battle.net, you’ll see the information right there.

2 Likes

This is correct.

There is no “base game”, or need to pay for it, any more.

You must pay for a sub.

If you want to level abive 110, you must buy BfA.

That is all.

1 Like

Ty for the replies guys, we bought a month of gametime for him and had a lot of fun :slight_smile:

I thought as a new player he has to buy battlechest with 30 days of gametime for free.

Nope. Not since … Legion? 7.0? 7.3.5? A while ago, anyhow.

Battlechest, aka World of Warcraft, aka the base game, no longer needs to be bought separately. Just pay your game time, and you’re good to go up to 110!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.