Here we are again... boredom never ending

I mean i enjoy m+ and raiding.
But yeah, beyond that there is little variation in content.

But that has been a design choice they’ve had since legion.
And there is little they can do with that system, they’re not already doing.
Personally i think housing, or a place for minigames would be perfect, but they have been mentioned to death.

Once people get their gear and achievements, they take breaks, because there is little else to do.
It’s always been like that, even before legion as far as i’ve heard aka “raid logging”
If there were more casual RPG style content, more people would probably stay.

So you feel that it’s easy but only for the top ten guilds? So that means it was too easy?

It’s awful when the raid is so overtuned it takes too long to complete by RWF IMO.

But we are all different.

Adventure guide is kinda good in explaining what sark does.
I think it’s okay to make last bosses of raids more convoluted

Instead of finding it necessary to post 500 words of pointless nonsensical jibberish unsub and go do something that you enjoy (if such a thing even exsts). Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Anyway Why every burned out player feels like it’s their duty to go on forum and post long wall of a text about how they don’t like all that new content without some attempts to actually criticize it.
like what is this complaint about “repetitiveness”, what did you expect from mmorpg? And why you noticed it only now? Are you sure that phrasing “I don’t like new tier set looks” as “they are bad lmao” will bring good impression on readers? And then you have audacity to demand “good responses” from people.
What exactly is “mini raids”?
Why aberrus “feels incomplete”?

Why your post gives vibes of hysterical whiny child?

This is not to defend blizzard, they had a valid reason for that to be ’ that easy’, and its not hard to understand they didnt wanted the same cycle as vault of the incarnates/sepulchor. Because some bosses in vault/sepulchor where tuned too hard immo. Example: crabby boss sepulchor/ kurog vault. Thats why even the top tier guilds said tuning was perfect on this raid. So no its not rushed.

No, other games like FF are good in ‘disguising it’ but ultimately its the same treadmill

FF doesnt rly have a treadmill, you do a raid 10 times and ur garunteed the drop, harder difficulty fights like ultimates are for cosmetics not upgrades also.

However, FF also doesnt rly aim to retain players inbetween patches either yoshi encourages its playerbase to take breaks every patch.

However ironically, FF players do complain aboht a lack of content and ironically say WoW is so amazing while bashing FF.

So apprantly neither side of rhe fence are happy

1 Like

Well no one said you have to play all the time. I personally like Dragon Flight a lot.

there’s no reason to not keeping the current pace of updates in wow, that doesn’t add more repetitiveness, seasonal gameplay is the reason why we have the treadmill like it could be like in ff14 but with addition of constant updates of wow, best of both worlds.

tbh after Legion I thought I would never be able to enjoy the game again but DF is magnificient. pvp feels nice and apart from the rated, even the world pvp seem to be quite active.

I quite like the mogs too, but that’s more of a perspective thing, druid mog’s the best one I have seen x’D

The reason we get so many content drops is because how repeatitive it is which reduces work time requirements heavily tho sadly. If they started adding things that require full development, updates would slow down. Because itd just simply require more hours in production.

Also the budget costs of every addition would sky rocket upwards, which means theyd run dry faster.

Best of both worlds dont really work, because itd require a major team increase and a increase to theot allowances regarding budgets to push such a thing, thats kinda why theyve picked their sides of the fence here.

Also what exactly do u add. Any open world content will be skipped because it wont award gear of raid / dungeons ilevel drops,

I mean i suspose another solo challange like the mage tower would be nice, maybe the final introduction of player housing, and maybe longer stories added where content drops would be nice?.

Its a treadmill because Wo2s a vertically progressive game realistically, its kinda the games niche.

it would work, wow has that major team but the focus is soo diverted that it can’t happen right now yes.

i’d personally go for harder ,shorter content with bigger rewards instead of extremely easy outdoor content but that can vary, it doesn’t have to be like that, the first thing they need to do is get rid of the seasonal content and make good expansions that’ll last more than a few months. most of the players don’t care about 10.1 anymore, some are pushing high keys, some trying to get mount but story, campaign, outdoor content is just… dull. all their work becomes waste after a few weeks because of the progression in this game.
IF we have to stay in this current style, i’d add new stuff like mage tower and keep story going with class halls etc.

yes, maybe it’s time to dich this progression .

Yeah, and no players, as the game does feel dead at the moment.

1 Like

It rly doesnt. Lol i beleive the average count of their staff dedicated to retail WoW is 15 employees :joy:

When u break up the apartments etc etc, u really dont have many working on building for the game.

This was highlighted when we found out they were bringing in the diablo team to do borrowed power systems because the main staff wouldnt of managed.

The issue is, the moment you do this every open world casual player will riot over difficulty.

And the moment u make it easier then m+ or raiding, is the moment both forms or content completely end, as no one will work harder then they have to.

Then yoy have the other 50% saying 0 meaningful content because dungeons / raids would die.

Many games have tested the concept of flattening the curve and giving every form of content a end game gear process, but it always causes one aspect to die

Largely due, I would argue, to all those “chores” from BFA and Shadowlands (although Legion had many of them too but they were plastered over by all the lore and shiny new things).
Apparently DF has had a higher retention rate than previous expansions so the lack of players is more due to players not engaging with this expansion at all rather than starting it and leaving. Players got burnt out grinding AP, essenses, legendaries, shards and a bunch of other systemic treadmills in the last 3 expansions.

DF is an improvement although not entirely without its flaws.
I think they’ve done a poor job with the story. I was talking about the game a few days ago with a friend and I talked about the Ysera story and he’d not heard it, he’s only renown 18 with Valdrakken so hasn’t been able to do that and I’ve now spoilt a good story line for him. Why are they gating the story like this?

they bought a whole studio to help with wow stuff just before DF launch so now they have enough manpower i guess.

it could have difficulty layers like one map is so hard one map is easier etc.

they shouldn’t die and they should give the better gear but the gear you acquire from the rest shouldn’t be this trash , this make it meaningless like anyone who can do hc dungeons can do a +7 key and acquire better gear than open world content (except the weekly stuff) why would anyone bother getting the open world gear hence, the outdoor content dies.

hmm it was during DF That the prediction was its 15 total.

they could, but the quantity of phasing would likely cause a bottleneck which will cause performance to drop, i dont think WoW servers could handle that sorta load realistically.

also, wouldnt this basically just be making WoW Diablo, considering this is a Core Mechanic from Diablo :stuck_out_tongue: with D4 just dropping, as a intended future work on project, it’d seem weird to start meshing the game as such.

as they likely want people of that mindset to play D4 and not WoW realistically.

that’s not actually what i was trying to suggest , that would be cool but probably impossible to do in wow yeah.
what i was trying to say is making the maps like the old days, for example in tbc hellfire is the level 60 map and you go map by map with quests to reach shadowmoon/netherstorm(?) think of it like that but with difficulty levels instead of char. levels. dragon isles is way too big to make it just for leveling , they could make leveling part in 2 of the maps and other 2 could be the hard end-game parts . we become 70 before doing all the quests anyway but that’s just my tiny suggestion , can be improved

Source you guys always claim the game is dying and has minimal subs. When it clearly doesn’t feel like that, it feel like it has a decent amount of subs for this point in the expansion it super easy filling pugs