Here's why p2w (boost) is bad for everyone

if you are one of those “TL;DW”-people please refrain from posting as i’m sure this video addresses your question if you just take the time to hear the guy out.

Now i will admit that he addresses the viewer quite inappropriately at times, but when he gets down to brass tax about 20 minutes in, its undeniable that blizzard are robbing certain people in bright daylight with their countless in-game pay-to-win and cosmetics transactions.

as a matter of fact, if you were to buy everything in Retail WoW including just a 1-time use of each of their account services (like boosts, server transfer, race change, token etc.) which realistically most people have bought more than once, you’ll have spent 1009.34 euros so far, and this does not take into account the fact that you might have been subscribed since Vanilla’s release 15 years ago, in which case you need to add your monthly subscription fee and multiply that by 12 and multiply that number by 15 and add that on top of the 1009.34 euro figure.

the minimum number alone (assuming someone were to buy all store mounts, pets etc.) equals to TWO Playstation 5’s… for some pixels!!

for gods sake, can you please understand why people who are so called anti-boost are fearing that the slippery slope ‘fallacy’ becomes a non-fallacy?
this price tag is absolutely out of this world insane and has resulted in a degenerate game we came to classic WoW to AVOID.

2 Likes

I completely understand that.
But understanding someone elses fears, doesn’t mean I have to share in them.

Classic isn’t retail. Monetizing it in the same way as they did before, would destroy their audience, and make the game a financial failure. The boost doesn’t impact most players, so its a non issue…race-faction-change for example would.

Until I see evidence for the slope actually being slippery, I understand your fears, but I’m not afraid.

1 Like

Classic isn’t retail

…Yet.
you should have added a “Yet” and i’d agree. hence my reference to the slippery slope.
what blizzard is doing with TBC classic is dipping their toes in the water to see how receptive the vehemently anti-retail players of classic are to the idea of “minor” transactions like boosts and a mount… that’s how it starts dude… that’s how they get you.

EDIT: Oh and if you want evidence, all you have to do is go to retail and see for yourself. that’s the slippery slope in effect right there in all its glory - that’s what classic eventually became.

Yay, let’s have another whine thread about boost. Too bad this forum is not moderated, you’d get a nice 3 day timeout for spamming.
I didn’t even read your post or click your link to a video I assume is another “content creator” whining about boost.

2 Likes

pretty sure this is my first thread on this issue, so its hardly spam.

the fact you decided to reply without reading or watching the link says more about you than it does me.
especially since i specifically asked people like you not to reply as your comments are nothing but unsustained mindless drivel with nothing to back up what you say… almost like… dare i say it… whining?

1 Like

You’re a bit late to jump on the bandwagon, aren’t you?

Your first thread but not the first thread. How does it feel to be a spammer?

This one is 38 minutes long.

I see it like this. Do i enjoy myself in game? -> yes? -> money well spent. If i go out i spend more money then a month subscription for one night. and i spend a lot more time in game.

Then as for paid services, (In my 15 years i bought one race change and one faction change) I never regretted the purchase of them, and i’ve played those characters quite a long time after. (One one entire expansion, and the other 2 expansions)

I think if you just look at “money spend” and you have to cough it up immediatly yes its an absurd amount. but if you look at the time that you spend it on, even if you bought everything once, your spending is less then 20 euro’s per month. Mosts days out costs more.

If you worry about the amount of money you (have) spend, wonder if you really like the game.

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean that having everybody paying a subscription fee and only a subscription fee would “destroy the audience” of classic and make the game a “financial failure”?

By that logic, I should put salt on my sweetcake.

Because, the cake and my french fries are both food, and I have been served undersalted fries in the past.

There is people still using real money?

With the token i have 25 years of free wow kek

And if you buy every product in a supermarket, you’d spend 10 times as much, if not more.

Just because a store has a variety of products doesn’t mean you’re supposed to buy them all. Some of these are services (race change, name change… ) that you might simply not need, ever. Others are mostly cosmetic that feed nothing but your collection habits (pets, mounts and such). At most it might make sense to count all the products that offer a tangible, cumulative benefit to the player who buys them (for ex. if a player could buy gear on the shop, like it was the case with many pservers). But that’s not the case with the WoW shop, except maybe the token. Even the level boost is not rly something big for enfranchised players who already have multiple levelled alts.

Personally, I’m more concerned about gameplay stuff - like, say, the tuning of raid content - than I am about a lvl 58 boost.

Watch a 40 minute video in order to talk about a subject? Naa.
Boost is good for me and my friends. It does not effect you, your bustling world is already dead.

How is boosting to 58 (not even cap) with a bunch of entry/horrid gear p2w? what are you ‘winning’, especially if you’ve already leveled multiple times before?

p2w certainly is an issue in Classic though - like buying Gressil for over 100k gold.

2 Likes

People are already paying lot of gold for ingame issues - they get boosted from 1 to 60, they buy tier 2 and naxx trash items and so on. You can buy gold with money easily today, then you pay to get boosted and get tier 2+ items.

So paying directly to get to 58 level is fine, as most people still hate leveling now and buy boosts non-stop to never go outside in the wow world again.

So basically people who are against 58 boosts are mages who are losing their customers?

1 Like

Not true, if nobody buys tokens and puts them for sale, no matter how much gold you have you would still have to buy subscription

and the case this scenario will happen??

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.