Heritage armor

i bought a faction change for my 120 lvl dwarf to highmountain tauren. after following this guide: https://www.wowhead.com/news=314420/returning-to-azeroth-a-quick-guide-to-unlocking-allied-races-and-heritage-armor#allalliedraces-highmountain-tauren I still cant get the heritage armor questline, pls help

For allied races you need to reach level 110 without a boost or race change.

I believe the idea is that you need to work for it or something like that. Core races have factions you need to be exalted with but for allied races there are no faction rep so the only way to make you work for it is level the character I guess.

The guide you linked even says so:

IMPORTANT: Do NOT use a leveling boost. This includes:

• Character Boost tokens

• Faction or Race changing your Allied Race character

• Leveling up using Recruit a Friend in-Game levels

1 Like

Yeah, I believe it even warns you in game when you race change actually. The second you race change or boost an allied race, it’s no longer eligible for the heritage armor.
The only way to get it now is to make a new HM Tauren and level from 20-110 naturally.
Having said that, I’d probably wait until pre-patch, because it will most likely be 10-50 (speculation), and that will go by so much faster.

3 Likes

There are two types of heritage armour, base races and allied races.

For allied races, they all have heritage armour. You need to get them to level cap (or level 110 for void elves, lightforged dranei, highmountain tauren and nightborne as that was the level cap when they were introduced) without using a boost or race change. As was mentioned by others, the game should warn you of this when you try and use one. Not sure if it does because I haven’t tried it.

For the base races that have heritage armour (dwarf, gnome, worgen, blood elf, goblin, tauren) you need to have a character of that race get to level cap and be exalted with their home faction. So Ironforge for Dwarves, Thunderbluff for Tauren etc. You can use a level boost or race change if you want as this will not lock you out.

I would assume that come the level squish that the level required for unlocking heritage armour will be level 50 but I’m not sure. Either way, you will need to level a Highmountain Tauren from scratch to get the heritage armour, but then you should be able to transmog it on any Highmountain Tauren, even level boosted ones.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.