Hey, are there any Church of the holy light guilds on Argent dawn?

Even with Gilneas, it’s a generally no go zone, so the only real footing the church has is in Stormwind Kingdom, and that took a heavy hit in lore after Benedictus betrayal years ago I feel.

He was a bit of a chomo

1 Like

Because I’m currently deciding what to level with and rp with. Im currently deciding between a gnome Engineer and a Dwaf Preacher

I know there’s two Light guilds, one might suit your preacher. There names on the other hand i can’t for the life of me remember…

1 Like

wat. did I miss something

Can’t think of any Church guild specifically either which would be currently active, although there is Light/Holy ones, such as the Gallant.

For both i can recommend Assemblage of Uld. Even not a church guild, the motivations of a Dwarven preacher can align too, i can see. Such as keeping artifacts from falling into the Hands of Darkness. The Engineer is more clearer, too.
Still the Dwarf may be kinda part of the Church organization IC too, you know. And perhaps being in the Assemblage can be his mission.

(all are just sharing some ideas!)

Assemblage thread:

Gallant thread:

2 Likes

Northshire Abbey would be a really cool place to RP in, especially since my current squire character’s an orphan raised by the abbey there, but it’s full of level 1s doing their starter quests and the occasional ERPer in the Library :S

2 Likes

I remember the Silver Hand making there a hub some time ago, although not sure if it’s still active or not. If not, would be a shame, i agree.

Sadly I can’t be particularly specific on here because of rules and all. Got an in-game name or a discord I can hit up to inform you?

A certain leading church member in Duskwood was found out to be a blackmailing nonce, proof included.

2 Likes

I see someone from the Church of Holy Light every now and then, but I do no think they’re all that active right now.

3 Likes

Sadly not, since each and every in the past was:

1. Scarlet Crusade memes

2. Deus Veult racist humans

3. “I have no idea of lore”- Emmanuel

Idk, I thought for a while of making a guild like that and still do but most people apparently can’t just “be good” without them throwing a massive ego fit.

1 Like

Church guilds come round yearly though few really ever step off the mark, the ones that have done in the past few years have dissolved from cases of drama. On the front of solid holy light roleplay, I’d recommend either the Sons of Silver or the Call of the Silver Hand. They’re primarily paladin guilds, but work in close relation to the Church hence I’m aware that they do take Liaisons within their ranks. And yeah they both seem to have been long standing, with pretty cool leaders aswell. If you’re looking for something more zealous and xenophobic, I’ve seen that the Crimson Inherent has slowly been growing from dedication.

2 Likes

We are still around. Has been for years now. I’m not sure how long exactly. It’s seldom any of us read the forums much less write here though. We do not have very many active players anymore and it has been ages since we did events and such but there’s a few of us who do casual RP every now and then in the cathedral. There’s an AA page and a disco and we do welcome anyone who would like to join people new to RP or old players returning alike.

2 Likes

I would be hyped if we could actually have a proper church guild that followed The Three Virtues of

• Respect
  • Tenacity
  • Compassion

most of the time they seem to fall into desu vult memes

9 Likes

We just need more Church RP at all the Light holy sites in Azeroth

I’m keeping away from Light worshipper RP because most of the Church guilds seem to have been poor villain RP that couldn’t take defeat. And I don’t really want to associate myself even remotely with anything like that.

1 Like

I would think to make a new Church guild myself to man to holy sites…but without the Crusader guards.

I find it that most holy guilds do a take on a religion, not the power of the light, as long as its seen as a type of christianity, I won’t take part in it.

I like the name. I see you’re a man of culture as well.

1 Like